2012 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a supercoach forum for that rocker.
But Smith has a BE of -4. He will be worth an extra 40k in two weeks

What's going on with Stevie J? I have watched the first and third games, and he hasn't gotten near it. Is he injured or just not being rotated through the middle? I didn't think his injury at the end of last year would set him back behind the 8 ball too far, given that he is a seasoned player.

slow start but SJ is SJ....will get better and reward patience. If its DT, then SJ hasn't been too bad, but his kicking efficiency to date has been horrible....which might make SC scores look a little thin for the price.

HE's is my DT side and I will keep him because he will break out sooner or later.....patience is a virtue when it comes to SJ

Jimmy Bartel is great value IMO he never gets the massive scores like Ablett or Murhphy but already he has had scores of 110, 114, 91 and 108 in DT and 120, 124, 100 and 94 in SC so he is a great pick. He is super consistant and usually notches up 100 most weeks, he goes for under 500,000 in dt and for a midfielder who averages around 107 this year thats a great a pick jump on him now

that may explain supercoach, but what about dream team?
The Cats not getting as much of the ball as they used to and both Johnson and Corey seem a yard off the pace.

Geelong has only won six quarters so far this season.

Do you think Chapman will get back to consistent 100+ scores in DT?
Think he's a better option than SJ but still concerned about some of your players having a drop in points this year.

Do you think Chapman will get back to consistent 100+ scores in DT?
Think he's a better option than SJ but still concerned about some of your players having a drop in points this year.
I think he will average less than last year. Maybe a 10% drop off.

Also may miss a game or two.

I think he will average less than last year. Maybe a 10% drop off.

Also may miss a game or two.
Thanks for that. 10% drop off would probably still have him as one of the top forwards. Slim pickings.
Looking to trade Fyfe and would have surely thought SJ or Chapman are the best options.
Chapman only rested 1 game last year any reason why he'd be rested more? Is SJ more or less likely to be rested?
Would anyone recommend him or SJ as a good trade in for DT?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Stringer's job security like? Haven't watched Geelong play the past 2 weeks, but 126 SC points over 5 quarters seems impressive. Just concerned about his capacity to stay in the team.

What's Stringer's job security like? Haven't watched Geelong play the past 2 weeks, but 126 SC points over 5 quarters seems impressive. Just concerned about his capacity to stay in the team.

Hey Rex....well he's an upgraded rookie into a premiership side so his security is far from certain. Played very well in the wet this week ( 10 tackles ) and may well hold his place, particularly if Selwood gets a week or two.

He's a real goer .. tackles like a demon and has good foot skills....so with a half decent game to two will increase in value.....but long term I think this year is more a learning experience for him.

4-8 games would be my prediction.

Any chance of Stephenson playing this week?

Hey Dwight...well, from all reports he was in the best three in the VFL last week. But will we take in two rucks against the Demons????

Not sure anyone knows the answer to that outside the MC....so the short answer is I don't know! Will depend on conditions, Trent West's physical state ( he has been doing a lone hand in the ruck for three weeks now ) and whether there's deemed a need for another tall....

If I had to have a guess....I'd say not this week....but I could be totally wrong. Sorry I can't help more...maybe some others will give an opinion.

PS: He's in my DT too....I will be holding on to him...for now.

Christensen, doing well, have not been able to see you guys in action at all so far, is he playing as a forward getting a run in the middle, or more as a genuine mid?

Will Kelly coming back impact on his role and scores?

Many thanks.

Christensen, doing well, have not been able to see you guys in action at all so far, is he playing as a forward getting a run in the middle, or more as a genuine mid?

Will Kelly coming back impact on his role and scores?

Many thanks.

I'd say no, while we have a batch of great kids in the side Bundy is really the only one structurally who can give us a real impact in an inside midfield role, and he's been doing it well, to the extent where he's been playing better than guys like Joel Corey at the moment. I' ve seen all the games and it seems to me like he's playing pretty much purely as a mid this year and getting more mid minutes than last year. Given we are struggling around the clearances at the moment, I would expect him to be a key part of the first choice mid rotation all year.

Of course, with a young player there's always a risk that he could tire, but he didn't last year. I expect him to be a really good chance of avergaing close to 90 for most of the year which means he's really good value at the price (certainly much better value than SJ and Chapman if you're looking at forward options) and I'll probably be buying him this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back