2012 Emirates Melbourne Cup thread and Formtalk (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory - they have never used it to elevate a horse over another horse into the field. So if Unusual Suspect is well up in the ballot order and accepts - there is no way they will chuck him out.
They've exercised those powers by including Taufan's Melody, admittedly it was Caulfield Cup.

Does the VRC have discretionary powers to delete a horse from the field?

i.e. If Unusual Suspect doesn't show something this week can they pull him from the field at final acceptances and the next highest horse take his place in the final 24?

Why is that pile of shit even in the field? It hasn't run a place for two years so how the **** could it have passed any clauses? If they are going off over two years ago then the system is just wrong. I think the whole thing should be up to the stewards, if one misses out that had a real chance and this pile of shit goes around just to get in everyone's way what's the ****ing point?/ /RANT

Still a precedent.

It's not mate because its the MRC v the VRC. There is no precedent of the VRC having ever relegated a runner from the field.

It would be like asking - do you execute people for Murder in Australia? and then using a US case as the example.

Why is that pile of shit even in the field? It hasn't run a place for two years so how the **** could it have passed any clauses? If they are going off over two years ago then the system is just wrong. I think the whole thing should be up to the stewards, if one misses out that had a real chance and this pile of shit goes around just to get in everyone's way what's the ******* point?/ /RANT

6th in last years Caulfield Cup probably qualifies him.

Also nommed for the Bendigo Cup on Wednesday so you might be able to invest some of your hard earned on him KP. :D

Dammit. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.

Was hoping Gatewood might have managed a 1.5kg penalty. Not his fault the Geelong Cup was run at snails pace! Some horses lead, some turn the bend.

Any chance they will now run him in the Derby to cement a spot? If so, you'd think the bugger would be too tired to back up for a 3200m race.

Dammit. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.

Was hoping Gatewood might have managed a 1.5kg penalty. Not his fault the Geelong Cup was run at snails pace! Some horses lead, some turn the bend.

Any chance they will now run him in the Derby to cement a spot? If so, you'd think the bugger would be too tired to back up for a 3200m race.
Derby is for 3 year olds, he will need to run in the Lexus or whatever it is called nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much angst over one at long shot odds!

Jeez I hope Ethiopia does something tomorrow. I want to see him screaming down the long straight Cup day.

I think it goes on how far below WFA they are before prizemoney?
Seth , is there any chance of Gatewood/Brigantin going to the Lexus or do they just sit and hope?

Absolutely no hope we'll see either before Flemington

seth

So Gatewood jumps to 36 on the OOE which may as well be 136 with the Lexus winner still to
jump into the Great Race.

Ibicenco has his chance to impress @ MV but he would need to lap them to get 2kg+ needed.

seth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back