2012 Emirates Melbourne Cup thread and Formtalk (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think so. He's never carried weight well, so I'd expect him to not have such a tough time of it in the MC.

What do I know though, they'll probably scratch him.

Ethiopia's was a good cup run today, but having finally had the chance to watch the race again, Southern Speed's was the cup run of the race. I have no idea if the connections are kicking on, but he's in the top 10 of the order of entry and is well weighted.

he was ridden without much luck today, but was eye catching in flashing home at the end. still 100/1 for the cup...

Ethiopia's was a good cup run today, but having finally had the chance to watch the race again, Southern Speed's was the cup run of the race. I have no idea if the connections are kicking on, but he's in the top 10 of the order of entry and is well weighted.

he was ridden without much luck today, but was eye catching in flashing home at the end. still 100/1 for the cup...

He flashed home. Ok but you do understand that race was 1200m short of the Cup yeah?

ok, but do u have the first clue as to what you're looking for in a cups horse? cos how they finish their races is pretty important.

what do I know though? I've only had the quaddie the last 2 weeks, and I'm only about 1000% up on my investment so far this spring...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok, but do u have the first clue as to what you're looking for in a cups horse? cos how they finish their races is pretty important.

what do I know though? I've only had the quaddie the last 2 weeks, and I'm only about 1000% up on my investment so far this spring...

Sorry Knobby. What I do know is that when a mug wins 2 weeks in a row, he can start to feel like he knows what he's talking about when he actually doesn't.

Interested to know though, what are your thoughts on Red Cadeaux?

SOUTHERN SPEED is actually a Mare.:)

Heard this morning that Southern Speed last 400 was the equal fastest with Ocean Park, the last 200 were really good when she got out and hit the line, Now years ago if that run was in the Mackinnon stakes she would nearly be favourite for the cup. Havent had a cent on her, but is $ 75 on betfair atm is clearly the best roughie!

Are Gatewood and Brigantin chances to head to the SAAB next week or any other internationals likely to head to the SAAB next week to get a start in the Cup?

Are Gatewood and Brigantin chances to head to the SAAB next week or any other internationals likely to head to the SAAB next week to get a start in the Cup?

Highly unlikely that either will run, Simon O Donnell said this morning that Gatewood wont run due to it already having 2 runs in a short period of time.

Highly unlikely that either will run, Simon O Donnell said this morning that Gatewood wont run due to it already having 2 runs in a short period of time.

Not sure where you heard this?
I believe Gatewood may be nomd for the Mackinnon although it would unusual.

seth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back