2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon is still ahead of what it was this time last year, so 50k is even more possible this year.

Unless Richmond have the goods to get to 50k, which I doubt, then you're not going to get near us by the end of it all.

That being said, if Richmond do in fact reach 50k, then good on them, as that would only prove a healthier league.

Essendon make it very difficult for the rank and file to be members these days, forcing all members to have an annual seat, getting rid of country membership category. The structure is very inflexible. Unfortunately it has had a big impact on Bronze renewals. Essendon are about 200 ahead of this time last year (nb; they were 1,700 ahead only 3 weeks ago), and are only signing up about 100 a day (700 a week). We hit 45,000 on the Friday prior to round 1 last year, so unless there is a drastic resurgence in sales Essendon will be about 42,500 by round 1 and therefore 2,500 down vs last year same time. It sold 5,000 to get to 50,000. I said in December last year Essendons membership would fall 46,000. I won't be too far off!!

Until they get away from the Dome, the membership will be stunted. Just think how many would lock on if we were at the G again. It's all about the $/member - I guess that's all that matters and EFC will do well in this category in 2012 at least.

Richmond supporters in this thread are just awful.

Shutup, no one cares how big, small, loyal, camp, frustrated, bandwagony, etc you are. No one cares, ever. **** off.

Rubbish post, there's a few kangas supporters in this thread who can take a hike too. If opposition supporters want to ask questions RE RFC membership, I would've thought the 2012 Membership Tally thread is a fair place to post.

The dick measuring contests can take a hike, but RFC supporters are hardly the only ones who join in the unzipping.

There are loyal fans who will buy a membership no matter what, and Richmond has plenty of them.. There are also however thousands of Richmond supporters who have had a gut full of having no success and have not renewed their memberships in years..

I think Brendon Gale said that in the past decade there have been 100,000 members who have not renewed and success on field will go a long way to getting at least some of those members back.

Yes we understand your point ad nauseum.

Richmond do very well by their supporters & you claim victory time & time again here.

While the rest of us chase premierships!

Yes we understand your point ad nauseum.

Richmond do very well by their supporters & you claim victory time & time again here.

While the rest of us chase premierships!

How's that chase looking? Must be great staring at the arse of the 8 ball before round 1 has started?

Hawks and cats have you covered in every position of the ground.

How's that chase looking? Must be great staring at the arse of the 8 ball before round 1 has started?

Much like Richmond for the last 30 years?

Sadly you ignored the point or haven't read the thread.

Hawks and cats have you covered in every position of the ground.
Take your shit elsewhere you nauseating flapstick.

I'd be more than happy to see a Richmond spin-off thread created. Preferably in the Bay...

This thread should probably just be limited to updates to spare us the w***ery.

Perhaps a 'membership numbers discussion' thread.

After all, it's not just Richmond supporters

I sadly admit we do seem overly likely to get involved - I think my fellow tigers supporters like North supporters in any 'money' thread...They're so keen to correct what they see as other peoples errors that the go over the top and become the idiots. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a 'membership numbers discussion' thread.

After all, it's not just Richmond supporters

I sadly admit we do seem overly likely to get involved - I think my fellow tigers supporters like North supporters in any 'money' thread...They're so keen to correct what they see as other peoples errors that the go over the top and become the idiots. :rolleyes:

Go for it, everyone else is sick of the dick waving of Richmond, Hawks and North supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants will do well to top 10K - this will put them ahead of some NRL clubs (Cronulla, Penrith) which is a better reference point given most NRL club have only been advertising memberships (as opposed to League Clubs memberships) for three or four years.
BTW, South Sydney have around 21K members, which means they are closing in on the Swans are the NSW sports club with the most members (actually if you deduct Swans Vic members they have already passed them).
Hawks will tick over 50K this week.

BTW, South Sydney have around 21K members, which means they are closing in on the Swans are the NSW sports club with the most members (actually if you deduct Swans Vic members they have already passed them).

Irrelevant mentioning Swans Vic members, take away regional, WA (yes they play in Perth...) and interstate/international supporter membership types from the Rabbitohs tally and see what their left with...

If you're a member of a club you are a member full stop.

ITT: Richmond supporters with small man syndrome. +1 for giving them their own thread.

Will be interesting to see how the Giants' membership increases now their tv campaign has started. 6076 at late Feb is not the worst effort considering they are starting virtually from scratch...

No every other club with small man syndrome!:D

No every other club with small man syndrome!:D

According to the Dee's FB:

"tally has reached 25,277, but there are still 16,374 members from 2011 who haven’t renewed and over 150,000 Demon supporters around Australia who aren’t paid up. "

- If we can get almost all of last years unsigned members back on board we are set to top 40k. I think it's obtainable if we have a couple of good matches over the next few weaks, which will be tough, considering we play the Pies and Hawks.

All the Melbourne clubs haver "churn rate" which is why the Member for Life direct debit schemes are so vital.

Does anyone know if the AFL will count non-ticketed members this year?

Richmond and Essneendon's final numbers got dragged back quite a bit last year with their exclusion, whereas some teams just didn't include them from get go.

Are Richmond and Essendon counting those now?
Which teams are and which aren't?

And unfairly i must say Harker as many other teams did include them by adding a barcode, anyways i did mention this with a full explanation on page 4 of this thread (3rd post down)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911373&page=4

less than 13000 of those members are ticketed though.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ership-has-its-privileges-20120227-1tywl.html

South Sydney are emerging as one of the largest clubs in terms of members, with 19,500 fans having taken up paid memberships - with more than 12,000 of them season ticket holders.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back