adel-also improving
st kil-on the fall
port-slight improvers
ess-lack midfield class
foots-need slight rebuild
gc-still work to do
gws-early days

LMFAO!

We won one game form 10 in the middle of the year this year and that was against Brisbane. We will be zero/5 and battling from there on. Horrendous start to the year.

St Kilda are just about the only side I'm certain about. They'll fall spectacularly. Ross was the only thing holding that joint together and he's run for the hills.

The fact that Lyon has run for the hills is the best argument for St Kilda improving next season. If he'd stuck around for 2012 I'd agree that St Kilda would have struggled next year, now I believe they will bounce back stronger than ever.

Lyon was a destabilising influence last year. He had lost interest and was only looking for a way out of the club. Watters has turned this around and is filling the players with confidence. Definite top 4 next year. I'm certain about it :p

1. Collingwood (2011 must hurt)
2. Geelong (Are too good of a team to drop down)
3. Carlton (Will get better)
4. Fremantle (Injuries ruined their year)
5. Hawthorn (Think they will slide)
6. Essendon (Could have been better without the injuries. Nevertheless will get better)
7. West Coast (I think they somewhat overachieved. Will not drop out of the eight, but I think they will drop out of the top 4)
8. Sydney (They never drop out of the eight)
------------------------------------------
9. North (Could replace any team that will slip. Think they will improve despite finishing in the same position)
10. Melbourne (Will take time for the new coach to settle things at the club)
11. Adelaide (Will improve, mainly due to their soft draw)
12. Richmond (I just cannot see the vast improvement everyone is expecting. I do not rate them at all)
13. Bulldogs (Well the good old rebuilding)
14. St Kilda (The players are capable of finishing top 4, but they are mentally weak and shot after the 2010 grand final loss)
15. Brisbane (Will have a lot of close games. Will also scare some teams along, maybe even taking a few big scalps in the process)
16. Gold Coast (2013 might see a dramatic rise)
17. Port (Pretty bad at the moment)
18. GWS (Wooden spooners)

Keep embarrassing yourself, mate.

You should take your own advice. You know nothing about our players so you should refrain from commenting.

Perfect example is Hurley. Missed two games did he? You do realise he carried 3 injuries all year don't you?

So when it's a West Coast player it's used as an excuse as to why they will improve next year but when it's another club it's "Oh he only missed two games and therefore didn't affect Essendon"

Clueless.

And where did I say that Essendon had more injuries to the norm and where did I use it as an excuse? I simply laughed at you for pulling the injury card on half of your list and laughed further when you stated Essendon had no injuries this year.

You clearly have no idea. Stick to talking about West Coast. Atleast with them you might at least know something.

Where did I say he missed two games?

I said he missed a few games which means more than two, and you call me clueless.

He was out then came back in, then out, in and out and in.

I was expecting a shallow response like this from you SJ, its something I've noticed over time. You miss quote people, example here being the above about Hurley and also saying I stated Essendon had no injuries. I just included four links showing the injury list at Essendon throughout the year.:thumbsdown:

I asked you to comment about Essendons injury list compared to that of Freo and Hawthorn but instead you simply rattle off a couple of tired not so clever one liners but basically your post holds no substance at all.

Now lets just back up shall we and I will make this real simple for you.

Originally I replied to a one eyed Carlton post who basically thought Carlton would improve but he couldn't see any improvement in the Eagles next year. I listed 15 Eagles players between the ages of 18 > 23 some who were injured last year and asked "How could there be no improvement in these young guys, especially Gaff and Darling after only their first season. You will note that my reply actually held some substance i.e factual information about the topic / players.

Some Essendon clever clog takes a cheap shot saying I sound like a Hawthorn supporter making up injury excusses. Yep, the excuses I needed to make up to cover up our poor 2011 performance.:cool:

So I ask them to comment on Essendons year and shot back saying Essendons injury list wasn't much of an excuse as to why they were still crap. I pointed out the two players you lost with season ending knee injuries and Gumbleton who can rarely get on the park in any case. Sure you had injuries but nothing above average like Freo and not to key players of the quality Hawthorn lost. Hence my view was Essendon lacks depth and an average injury list was enough to make them non competitive.

My point about listing the Eagles injury issues in 2011 was that it was about average for the AFL. We finished top four and we still had decent players playing well who couldn't force their way into the side. In other words the Eagles depth is in a much better situation then Essendons.

Now do your user name some justice and come back with something useful to the discussion instead of cheap shots that lack any class at all.

The fact that Lyon has run for the hills is the best argument for St Kilda improving next season. If he'd stuck around for 2012 I'd agree that St Kilda would have struggled next year, now I believe they will bounce back stronger than ever.

Lyon was a destabilising influence last year. He had lost interest and was only looking for a way out of the club. Watters has turned this around and is filling the players with confidence. Definite top 4 next year. I'm certain about it :p

Watters is already talking the crazy talk of putting Kosi at CHB and Milne through the midfield.

Oh yeah, the supporters can all go WOW this guy is at least showing he'll experiment, blah blah - but seriously, Kosi is extremely average, extremely slow, with no awareness - putting him at CHB, which is becoming an increasingly important position on the field is idiotic. As for Milne, well he's just confirmed that h'e one of the best forward pockets in the game, a proven regular goal scorer and Scotty wants to move him out?

Nup - the madness has already begun. Saints are in for a tough year. If the Goddard speculation fires up it could push them further into rocky territory - the last thing the saints need is more off-field distractions.

You really are a prick, MT is entitled to his opinion. You don't have to agree but you can do that without being a jerk.

don't think he said anything outrageous that deserved 'prick/jerk' retort though.

that being said, i agree richmond will improve, but still may be just short of the top 8. the tag of best youngsters though would be gold coast for now.

1 Collingwood
2 Fremantle
3 Geelong
4 Hawthorn

5 West Coast
6 Carlton
7 Essendon
8 Sydney
------------------
9 North
10 Adelaide
11 Melbourne
12 Richmond
13 Brisbane
14 Bulldogs
15 St Kilda
16 Gold coast
17 Port
18 GWS

Collingwood Vs Fremantle grand final.
Premiers: Collingwood
NAB cup: Essendon
Brownlow: Pendlebury
Norm smith: Swan

coll-still pretty strong
geel-should drop off a tiny bit
haw-there abouts again
carl-tall forward options the worry
wc-slight drop off
frem-there abouts
rich-the most promising team on the rise
melb-2nd most promising team on the rise
syd-always competitive
north-3rd most promising team on the rise
bris-improving
adel-also improving
st kil-on the fall
port-slight improvers
ess-lack midfield class
foots-need slight rebuild
gc-still work to do
gws-early days

Exactly where I think Richmond will finish.:):thumbsu:

1. collingwood
2. hawthorn
3. carlton
4. freo
5. geelong
6. west coast
7. essendon
8. adelaide
9. north
10. sydney
11. richmond
12. brisbane
13. gold coast
14. st kilda
15. dogs
16. melbourne
17. port
18. GWS

1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Collingwood
4. Fremantle
5. West Coast
6. Carlton
7. Sydney
8. Essendon
--------------------------
9. North
10. Adelaide
11. Richmond
12. Melbourne
13. St Kilda
14. Brisbane
15. Bulldogs
16. Gold Coast
17. Port
18. GWS
Geelong vs Hawthorn Grand Final
Premiers: Geelong
NAB cup: Carlton
Brownlow: Pendlebury
Norm Smith: Selwood

Obviously i'm completely biased here, but i think our boys will have the hunger to go back to back. At the moment we've got the depth to cover the loss of Ling (Corey, Kelly, Selwood, Bartel, Chapman, Christensen, Duncan, Hogan) and Ottens (West, Simpson, Stephenson, Vardy) it'll be next year that the cats will slide with the potential retirements of Corey, Wojo, Chapman, Pods and the confirmed retirement of Scarlett.

I am of the opinion it will be an extremely even year next year. This is how I see it in terms of groups of teams:

Assuming top 4 is a gateway to success, the here is the probability as I see it of teams making the top 4:

Probables (9/10 Probability)

Geelong
Hawthorn
Collingwood

Possibles (5/10 Probability)

Fremantle
West Coast
Carlton

Outside Chances (3/10 Probability)
St Kilda
Essendon
Sydney

Developing, but not there yet (2/10 Probability)
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
North
Brisbane
Bulldogs

A long way to go (0.1/10 Probability)
Port
GWS
Gold Coast

Assuming these values hold true, the probability of all of the "probables" finishing top 4 is approximately 7/10. The probability of all of the "probables" finishing out of the top 4 is then 1/1000.

The probability of all of Port, GWS, Gold Coast finishing in the top 4 together is one in a million. Literally.

*Values are strictly arbitrary

1 Hawthorn
2 Collingwood
3 Carlton
4 Fremantle
5 West Coast
6 Geelong
7 Sydney Swans
8 North Melbourne

--------------------------------------

9 Richmond
10 Essendon
11 Port Adelaide
12 St Kilda
13 Gold Coast Suns
14 Brisbane Lions
15 Western Bulldogs
16 Melbourne Demons
17 Adelaide Crows
18 GWS Giants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to beat the Bombers again next season. It's going to hurt even more, I promise. Quickly becoming our bitches. :)

I went to that Melbourne Game

Was honestly our worst game for the year by far. You guys were far better than us that game and honestly I can't believe we got as close as we did. However at full flight I do think we are currently better than you guys at the moment. Hopefully a cracking game this year I think it's a day game again?

1.Sydney
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6.Essendon
7.North Melbourne
8.Fremantle
9.Richmond
10.Melbourne
11.Brisbane
12.Gold Coast
13.Saint kilda
14.Adelaide crows
15.Western Bulldogs
16.Port Adelaide
17.Geelong
18. GWS

1.Sydney
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6.Essendon
7.North Melbourne
8.Fremantle
9.Richmond
10.Melbourne
11.Brisbane
12.Gold Coast
13.Saint kilda
14.Adelaide crows
15.Western Bulldogs
16.Port Adelaide
17.Geelong
18. GWS

Not possible, won't happen, can't happen, will not happen.

1.Sydney
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6.Essendon
7.North Melbourne
8.Fremantle
9.Richmond
10.Melbourne
11.Brisbane
12.Gold Coast
13.Saint kilda
14.Adelaide crows
15.Western Bulldogs
16.Port Adelaide
17.Geelong
18. GWS

Surely your taking the p!ss

I am of the opinion it will be an extremely even year next year. This is how I see it in terms of groups of teams:

Assuming top 4 is a gateway to success, the here is the probability as I see it of teams making the top 4:

Probables (9/10 Probability)

Geelong
Hawthorn
Collingwood

Possibles (5/10 Probability)

Fremantle
West Coast
Carlton

Outside Chances (3/10 Probability)
St Kilda
Essendon
Sydney

Developing, but not there yet (2/10 Probability)
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
North
Brisbane
Bulldogs

A long way to go (0.1/10 Probability)
Port
GWS
Gold Coast

Assuming these values hold true, the probability of all of the "probables" finishing top 4 is approximately 7/10. The probability of all of the "probables" finishing out of the top 4 is then 1/1000.

The probability of all of Port, GWS, Gold Coast finishing in the top 4 together is one in a million. Literally.

*Values are strictly arbitrary

I really like this post, but I'd genuinely swap Essendon and North Melbourne.

I just think North are better, and will likely improve by more.

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Fremantle
7. St Kilda
8. Sydney

9. Adelaide
10. Richmond
11. Melbourne
12. Essendon