2012 Predictions Pt.II

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox and NicNat are a better combo.

Cox and Sandilands are about equal. NicNat superior to Zac.

Wrong. In the western derbies of 2009 , 2010 and this years first derby, sandi absolutely monstered Cox in all.

NN is superior at tap rucking at the moment as is zac at mobility around the ground. You'll never see NN racking up possessions like zac.

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Fremantle
7. St Kilda
8. Sydney

9. Adelaide
10. Richmond
11. Melbourne
12. Essendon
13. Brisbane
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Port Adelaide
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

2 x Demons - no Roos

Goldy/McIntosh/Petrie is a little more than handy. Agree - Cox and NicNat the the 2 best.

Yep I'd say the Dees and North have the best ruck depth at the moment, both teams have three genuine first string ruckmen, but Freo and WC the better duo's.

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle

West Coast
Essendon
Sydney
Richmond
---------------------
Melbourne
Nth Melbourne
Carlton
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
GWS

Premier: Collingwood
Brownlow: Pendlebury
Coleman: Franklin
Rising Star Winner: Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

Wrong. In the western derbies of 2009 , 2010 and this years first derby, sandi absolutely monstered Cox in all.

NN is superior at tap rucking at the moment as is zac at mobility around the ground. You'll never see NN racking up possessions like zac.

Get your hand off it champ! NicNat and Cox are streaks above Sandi and Clark, Clake has proven nothing, he certainly is not a mach winner unlike NicNat.
Cox is a slightly player than Sandi and NicNat certainly is miles better than Clark so how do you figure the Freo ruck division to be better?
Rediculous!

Hille ryder and bellchambers is a handy enough trio too.

As is cox NN and Lycett.

Keuezer Warnock and Hampson also.

Z Clark hasn't shown that much, lets be honest.

Plenty of teams have strong ruck divisions.

Not too many rucks carry their team to a premiership..

As for te thread, I can't see Essendon going backwards, we haven't lost anyone significant and the kids are hopefully only get better, especially with a pre season under the weapon.

Tiges might surprise a few, I'd also have north banging down the door for a top 8 finish with stkilda to drop away.

I'd also think that collingwood won't have the same amount of dominance as they did this year.

Hawthorn or Geelong for the flag, with gws for the spoon.

Melbourne will suck for only one more year. Neeld needs to iron some issues out IMO.

Rising star: John Butcher

Brownlow: Marc Murphy

Get your hand off it champ! NicNat and Cox are streaks above Sandi and Clark, Clake has proven nothing, he certainly is not a mach winner unlike NicNat.
Cox is a slightly player than Sandi and NicNat certainly is miles better than Clark so how do you figure the Freo ruck division to be better?
Rediculous!

Clarke has proven nothing.

Ranked # 1 for tackles out of the RS.
Ranked # 2 for SC out of the RS.
Ranked # 4 for DT out of the RS.

SC $396,900
DT $330,200

Avg. 13.6 dis.
M. 3.2
G. 0.5
T. 5.5
Ho 13

DT 78.7
SC. 83.2

Nic Nat

SC $ 422,400
DT $ 271,700

DT 75
SC 93.8

D. 13
M. 2.2
G 0.8
T 3.8
Ho 20

Going off those stats zac has shown Alot.
Stats don't lie.
Both NN & zac are going to be outstanding ruckmen for both clubs.
NN will always be better at stoppages & tap work but , zac will have it over NN
for mobility & gathering more possessions.

Sandi & zac are going to destroy opposing ruck combos next year.

as it stands Natanui is in another league to Zac. Though he does have a ton of potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions for 2012:

1. Geelong
2. Collingwood
3. Carlton
4. West Coast
5. Hawthorn
6. St Kilda
7. Sydney
8. Fremantle
-------------
9. Essendon
10. Richmond
11. North Melbourne
12. Melbourne
13. Brisbane
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast Suns
17. Port Adelaide
18. Greater Western Sydney Giants

Brownlow: Marc Murphy (CARL)
NAB Cup: Carlton
Premiers: West Coast
Coleman Medal: Lance Franklin (HAW)

1. Hawthorn
2. Collingwood
3. Fremantle
4. Carlton
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. West Coast
8. Melbourne

9. Richmond
10. Sydney
11. Brisbane
12. Essendon
13. St Kilda
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. North Melbourne
8. West Coast

9. Adelaide
10. Essendon
11. Richmond
12. Western Bulldogs
13. St Kilda
14. Melbourne
15. Gold Coast
16. Brisbane
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

I am of the opinion it will be an extremely even year next year. This is how I see it in terms of groups of teams:

Assuming top 4 is a gateway to success, the here is the probability as I see it of teams making the top 4:

Probables (9/10 Probability)

Geelong
Hawthorn
Collingwood

Possibles (5/10 Probability)

Fremantle
West Coast
Carlton

Outside Chances (3/10 Probability)
St Kilda
Essendon
Sydney

Developing, but not there yet (2/10 Probability)
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
North
Brisbane
Bulldogs

A long way to go (0.1/10 Probability)
Port
GWS
Gold Coast

Assuming these values hold true, the probability of all of the "probables" finishing top 4 is approximately 7/10. The probability of all of the "probables" finishing out of the top 4 is then 1/1000.

The probability of all of Port, GWS, Gold Coast finishing in the top 4 together is one in a million. Literally.

*Values are strictly arbitrary

Best post of the thread so far. Exactly how I see it. I know i put st kilda far down the ladder, but it is possible for them to finish pretty high with the players they have got. I would still put North in the place of st kilda as i think they will drop. The rest are spot on, although I do have Fremantle finishing second and in a grand final, but that is probably not going to happen. There is a chance though.

Just a quick shot at the ladder...

1. Collingwood - Very, very difficult spot to choose. I'd say Geelong won't be as strong (but still very strong obviously) and Collingwood were so great in the H&A this year they should still be able to claim top spot next year. Premiership is a different story imo.

2. Hawthorn - Heaps to like here. If they stay relatively injury free could easily finish first.

3. Geelong - Team of champions that won't falter much, although I doubt they'll have the total dream start of 2011.

4. Carlton - Incredible midfield. If Waite can get on the park then I like their chances.

5. Fremantle - All depends on injuries, such a classy side on paper. If Lyon coaches smart, Pav plays up forward and Sandi can get on the park a lot their young guns will improve and they'll shoot up the ladder.

6. West Coast - Won't have the great draw of this year and perhaps a couple of their stars might falter a bit, but a heap of young class and 2011 will have showed them that they have the power to win big games.

7. St Kilda - Horrid 2011 and still made the 8. A few list problems in this off-season but they have Goddard, Riedwolt, Dal Santo, Gilbert, Fisher, Hayes, Milne etc. Depth issues but they should make the 8.

8. North - Unlucky this year. They need to sort out some of their issues against the top teams but they have some total guns, I believe Brad Scott is a good coach and Goldstein is probably the best young ruck in the league.

9. Sydney - Knowing them they'll probably make the 8, but regardless Sydney are always thereabouts and this won't change in 2012.

10. Richmond - No top 8 in 2012 but Hardwick has toughened their list up and their kids are bloody good. Top 8 easily in 2013 for mine.

11. Essendon - I think they need to dip a bit before snapping up the ladder proper and next year is the year to do it. Need to think post-fletcher and hope Watson can get on the park more.

12. Brisbane - Should win some more of the close ones, hopefully Brown/Merrett will be on the park more and a great group of youngsters. Will be hoping they can take a big scalp or two like they threatened this year.

13. Melbourne - Will have teething problems but should avoid any floggings to the level of this year. Need a year for Neeld to strengthen their resolve, make tough calls and plan their attack.

14. Adelaide - Will have an up and down season I think. Shouldn't really cop any pastings and I'm betting they'll take a big scalp, but will lose a few they really shouldn't imo.

15. Bulldogs - Need a mini-rebuild, they've been beaten down and will struggle without a proper focal point in attack. Should still beat a couple of the top 8 (and will flog Brisbane as always, no doubt).

16. Port - I think the bottom 6 or so (bar GWS) will be closer this year and Port should rebound a bit. Primus isn't a good coach but they have a decent list. Seeing blokes like Butcher, Hartlett, Boak and Trengove come along should make things easier for the fans.

17. Gold Coast - Will do better but still need more time. Less thrashings and more 4 quarter efforts will be the go, doubt teams will take them as lightly after watching them for a few weeks. Will taper off towards the end of the year.

18. GWS - Really, really going to struggle. Still, if Patton/Folau take the reins up forward and blokes like Davis/Tomlinson can be strong down back they will produce some bursts of fantastic play not unlike Gold Coast. Their mature bodies are older and bigger but worse players and their recruits are nowhere near guys like Ablett/Bock/Rischitelli as it stands. Will hope Scully/Ward/Davis can play 22 games and a few stars emerge. One win for the year I think.

Premiers: Hawthorn
Brownlow: Selwood
Norm Smith: Sam Mitchell
Rising Star: No idea - a lot of quality, will be a great race

1. Collingwood. Good team and have a massive point to prove. Jolly is the only major concern but besides him they should top the home and away ladder.

2. Geelong. Never ever ever underetimate this absolute champion team. Once again they will prime themselves for September. Will need to replace Ottens and Ling though. Hawkins will stamp himself on the comp this year.

3. Hawks. Backline got badly exposed in the finals by the gorillas and I don't think they have done much to rectify it unless they plan on moving Roughhead back. Very well disciplined team and well coached.

4. Carlton. Would have had higher but for Judd's injury and the fact they still have a key forward issue. Top end talent is right up there with the best but if they cop a few injuries they could be in trouble.

5. Essendon. Massivly underated around here. Have a very very talented list and Hurley will tear teams apart this year. Midfield is much better than people realise especially with Zaharakis and Melksham continuing to develop. Watson is absolutely elite and with a much better fitness base I expect my beloved Bombers to push the top four.

6. West Coast. Had a dream run injury wise last year and while I rate there young guns i feel that they probably won't have as good a run this year. Will push for a flag thgough in 2013.

7. Sydney. Besides Goodes have very little top end talent. Rohan could be a star though. Will have a typical swans year.

8. North. To good a draw not to make the eight. Not convinced on a lot of their players or coach but should make the eight

9. Freo. No forward line at all and plus it takes a year to learn the bore the opposition to death bullshit that Lyon coaches. Will be a massive threat from 2013 onwards though.

10. St Kilda. Great top end. Absolutely crap everything else though. Need to re build and have had there shot.

11. Richmond. Still a year or two away from being a finals team but I like the way Dimma is building his side.

12. Melbourne. Massive loosing culture that Neeld will take a while to turn around. Good talent just been very very poorly developed and need to spend a year learning how to play hard football.

13. Lions. Worst coach since Matthew Knights but have some good young kids coming through but the rebuild will take time.

14. Port. Will improve. Have an awesome talent in Butcher and a developing young core but will cop a few beltings as they learn to play as a team.

15. Gold Coast. O Boy are they going to be good in a few years. Rediculous talent on the list but are still pups.

16. Crows. Craig did a real number on this club and it will take Sanderson some time to teach them. Very Very poor list.

17. Dogs. Great Coach shit list. Cooney is cooked and Boyd will start to feel the wear and tear and besides that i don't rate many of there players. Griffen can't carry a team.

18. GWS. Will be amazingly bad. then in three years will be amazingly good. Smart move getting old guys to take the battering while they bring the kids on slowly.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Predictions Pt.II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back