2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting no one is taking a massive punt on drummond this year.. Capable Of pulling in massive scores.. If he plays 12-15 games will be a massive difference to where your ranked

Already missing round one.

I was tempted, then I punched myself in the face for being stupid.

Any love for adcock? Could b a unique "premium"

Killed it last year before injuring his finger, should expect similar scores again this year, but with the same risk.

If your one of those willing to gamble on Grimes than Adcock should be worth a punt, when fit Adcock has proven to be a top defender.

Thoughts about Broughton? I haven't seen his name thrown around at all, and he did have some very hot streaks last year though some of these were due to his time in the midfield during Freo's injury crisis. Worth a punt at 500k?

Thoughts about Broughton? I haven't seen his name thrown around at all, and he did have some very hot streaks last year though some of these were due to his time in the midfield during Freo's injury crisis. Worth a punt at 500k?

yes/no/maybe... wait and see as to what role Lyon has him playing, he and Duffield are both wait and watch scenario's i reckon.

yes/no/maybe... wait and see as to what role Lyon has him playing, he and Duffield are both wait and watch scenario's i reckon.
both will alternate between attacking and lockdown defenders depending on the oppisition this year i/m/o

Nah. He will follow in the footsteps of Selwood, Martin & Fyfe.

Big call given Selwood, Martin and Fyfe play alot more in the midfield than Heppell. Bit Bias perhaps :rolleyes:

Wont suffer second year blues but cant see him breaking the ton either, considering of the 3 mentioned only Fyfe cracked the ton in his second year, very unique! Low 90's at most.

Heppell is a gun and it is ridiculous how important he is to Essendon for someone in his 2nd year.

While he did rack up plenty of touches last year it seems as if Supercoach doesn't love him that much. He was consistent in the 70-90 range but never had massive scores.

Probably because he doesn't get that much contested ball (yet, only due to his current role) or mark too many opposition kicks, makes me want to stay away at this stage. He has put on size but I would expect him to play a similar role to last year, which is exactly what Essendon need, but not so much Ben Doolan (my side).

Heppell is a gun and it is ridiculous how important he is to Essendon for someone in his 2nd year.

While he did rack up plenty of touches last year it seems as if Supercoach doesn't love him that much. He was consistent in the 70-90 range but never had massive scores.

Probably because he doesn't get that much contested ball (yet, only due to his current role) or mark too many opposition kicks, makes me want to stay away at this stage. He has put on size but I would expect him to play a similar role to last year, which is exactly what Essendon need, but not so much Ben Doolan (my side).
Love the support for Heppell as a player, but I agree he doesn't score enough in SC to warrant selection.

I've heard that Hargraves injury is a debilating one and he'll be lucky to play out the year - any doggie support shed much light on this.

Be great if i could pick him up on the cheap at least knowing he's got a solid chance of playing 15+ games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. If he plays off half back again can see him averaging close to 100.

Actually cannot believe he hasn't been talked about more.

Anyone else think he's good option for D4?

Yeah I think he is quite a good option, even if he jumps his ave up to 95 he is worthy of selection IMO

I've heard that Hargraves injury is a debilating one and he'll be lucky to play out the year - any doggie support shed much light on this.

Be great if i could pick him up on the cheap at least knowing he's got a solid chance of playing 15+ games.

He moved pretty well during the NAB cup game, didn't look like much was holding him back. From what i've heard his pre season has been fairly solid, no major set backs.

Will be watching the rest of his NAB carefully.

That’s some interesting news. Hargraves came into consideration after is NAB cup game for me.
I like hearing that players have had 'really good pre season', it’s straight to the point, rather than something ambiguous like 'fairly solid' or 'better than expected'

Could be a good swap for those offloading Grimes. Save a bit of cash and hope he pulls through, similar risk to Grimes anyway, except for the fact he's still on the park :rolleyes:

Any thoughts on Deledio. I know he's a great scorer in SC & in DT and is currently suffering a hamstring problem. Was 1 of 2 first picked in my backlines and didn't think to get rid of him...until, I read Fantasy Freako's Pre-season rave. Here's what he said of Deledio..."Deledio will
go into Round 1 underdone after suffering a hamstring injury during an
intra-club match. The club expects him to feature at some stage during
the pre-season, but if he doesn’t we’re facing a quandary. He’s always
been one of my first players picked, but there’s always the chance of
re-aggravation with soft tissue injuries".

Now, I'm having second thoughts....don't know whether to keep him or not.

Any thoughts on Deledio. I know he's a great scorer in SC & in DT and is currently suffering a hamstring problem. Was 1 of 2 first picked in my backlines and didn't think to get rid of him...until, I read Fantasy Freako's Pre-season rave. Here's what he said of Deledio..."Deledio will
go into Round 1 underdone after suffering a hamstring injury during an
intra-club match. The club expects him to feature at some stage during
the pre-season, but if he doesn’t we’re facing a quandary. He’s always
been one of my first players picked, but there’s always the chance of
re-aggravation with soft tissue injuries".

Now, I'm having second thoughts....don't know whether to keep him or not.

Let’s just wait, if he plays in the pre season we will know if we still want him. Hopefully he does. On the other hand if he doesn't, that’s almost just as clear a sign.

Richmond has said he will play, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back