2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a few are staying away from deledio.... I'm thinking the same

He'll be right for round 1 and he'll be a top 2/3 defender this year with more of a run in the midfield. Locked in if he's named round 1 (which he should be).

He'll be right for round 1 and he'll be a top 2/3 defender this year with more of a run in the midfield. Locked in if he's named round 1 (which he should be).

Thats a risky assessment for a player still recovering from a hamstring injury. If he does play mid field I doubt it will be early in the year. His price will drop, and most likely he will be an upgrade target mid year. If he starts the year with an interupted pre season, and under an injury cloud he will need a big finish to end in the top 3. Obviously capable, but I wouldnt underestimate the potential risk with a hammy.

Thats a risky assessment for a player still recovering from a hamstring injury. If he does play mid field I doubt it will be early in the year. His price will drop, and most likely he will be an upgrade target mid year. If he starts the year with an interupted pre season, and under an injury cloud he will need a big finish to end in the top 3. Obviously capable, but I wouldnt underestimate the potential risk with a hammy.

I agree and will be leaving this decision until just before round 1

He's only missed a couple weeks, it won't affect him much. He'll hit the ground running come round 1, Richmond said they want to get 2 or 3 weeks of solid training in before he has a hitout and with his already elite fitness levels missing the nab cup won't make all that much difference. Good decision from Richmond, making sure he's right for round 1 and getting him out of many people's supercoach teams so I can take advantage.

Hanley or Yarran? I can't afford another premium, and think these two could potentially end up in the top 10 defenders. Think they are poised for a further breakout year.

Thoughts on Cameron Guthrie? Reports are he's looked good running off the half back line.

Very good prospect. Being groomed for Enrights spot. His 180K price tag may put a few people off, considering he has only played 2 games. But he could prove to be fairly good value if he stays on the park for the better part of the year.

Iv got Guthrie in my team atm. He was taking kick outs which to me means he is going to play a role. Has good disposal and i know Chris Scott rates him. Having said that he's not a lock in my side.

While I think Guthrie and Smedts will get a lot of gametime, I think their versatility will be to their detriment for SC-purposes (i.e. they'll get the vest a lot).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Birchall? Seeing him in more and more teams but generally speaking as not set the world on fire. Last year was a break out year of sorts butfor the most part has been an 80-85ppg player. Going into his 7th season with what looks like a big year coming up for hawthorn can he take it to the next level?

Broughton does feel right but what happens when Mundy and Barlow come back. Fyfe spending more time in the guts too...not sure what that means for Broughton tbh

Broughton does feel right but what happens when Mundy and Barlow come back. Fyfe spending more time in the guts too...not sure what that means for Broughton tbh

Not sure about the game plan either..

He could well be used frenetically across half back in the old StKilda fashion!

Anyone considering starting 2 of Lake, Hargrave and Howard in their backline?

Howard too much of risk at same price range as these two as he could be sub and also dropped if has a couple of bad weeks. Lake and Hargrave are both must haves at heir price as both could and are good chance of turning into back premiums without he need to trade up. Macca's gameplan clearly revolves around continuous ball movement particularly in back half so these guys will be sharing a lot of ball.

Howard too much of risk at same price range as these two as he could be sub and also dropped if has a couple of bad weeks. Lake and Hargrave are both must haves at heir price as both could and are good chance of turning into back premiums without he need to trade up. Macca's gameplan clearly revolves around continuous ball movement particularly in back half so these guys will be sharing a lot of ball.

I get the feeling one of those 2 will turn into a D7 keeper and the other well if they flop a trade can fix it.

Thoughts on Birchall? Seeing him in more and more teams but generally speaking as not set the world on fire. Last year was a break out year of sorts butfor the most part has been an 80-85ppg player. Going into his 7th season with what looks like a big year coming up for hawthorn can he take it to the next level?

I think he'll at least maintain. As Hawthorn's gamestyle changed and they started to chip it around, his scoring improved. They look like playing the same again in 2012 so Birch will rack up a lot of easy ball. Also, with a couple of the Hawks key defenders due back from injury (Stratton, Gilham due back after a month) he won't be required to man-up as much and will basically be left free. Has had a great pre-season so far. Only concerns would be the fact he sometimes can get tagged (though with Hodge back in full flight that will probably decrease) and he has a tough first 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back