2012 SC Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowe from the blues? How is his preseason? looking at game time?

Injured atm, but should be right for round I selection.

I don't rate him in our best 22 and think we might go for a Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson line up. Plus with waite being back and Walkers efforts I can't see a spot for him. But thats just me, at 24 I'm sure they drafted him for a reason.

what are peoples thoughts on j brown and n roo? brown is a class act and surely a fair chance to up his price and a new st kilda game plan could benefit roo

what are peoples thoughts on j brown and n roo? brown is a class act and surely a fair chance to up his price and a new st kilda game plan could benefit roo

I see value in Brown and would regard him as a fallen premium rather than a midpricer. He is flying this pre season and his team rely on him so heavily to be an outside chance at top 8. Will be getting good supply from Black and Rich who are both elite by foot. I personally like him as a potential f7 keeper averaging 95 odd. He is excellent for the round 11 bye also as there are few other options up forward who have the rd 11 bye.

As for NRoo, well I personally don't like him as much. More expensive and I think he is over the hill now. That's not saying he won't improve his average from last years troubled season but I prefer going for the youth up forwards now as I do see a new generation coming through.

Whoever raised Hawkins before has got me thinking, averaged 93.5 over last 9 rounds in 2011, and around 100 over the finals series. Increased his contested marks, disposal count and most importantly his goal count in that time. He turns 24 this year so the time could very well be now to get on....

In regards to Gary Rohan, I would steer clear for now from an SC point of view. He is a terrific talent and Im glad we have him at the Swans but he is mostly an outside player who for now doesn't get a lot of the ball and the advantages that come along with that (ie tackles etc)

Whoever raised Hawkins before has got me thinking, averaged 93.5 over last 9 rounds in 2011, and around 100 over the finals series. Increased his contested marks, disposal count and most importantly his goal count in that time. He turns 24 this year so the time could very well be now to get on....

In regards to Gary Rohan, I would steer clear for now from an SC point of view. He is a terrific talent and Im glad we have him at the Swans but he is mostly an outside player who for now doesn't get a lot of the ball and the advantages that come along with that (ie tackles etc)

I confess.. that was me.... :eek:

Still thinking about him..... not in his bike pants... :eek: But in my fwd line.... $390k..... will he be top 10 end of season???? He could. 24 KPP fwd with good service...... hmmmm... nearly talke myself into it.

I confess.. that was me.... :eek:

Still thinking about him..... not in his bike pants... :eek: But in my fwd line.... $390k..... will he be top 10 end of season???? He could. 24 KPP fwd with good service...... hmmmm... nearly talke myself into it.

Your thinking of his push up bra thingy perhaps :D

But yeah, I think it could be his time in all seriousness

Some good posting right here. Forwards will make or break this year. It almost feels like the year to run the risk with 350-500kers. I'm steering clear of NRoo and JB personally, it feels like the game has evolved past big forwards being good scorers, unless of course you play for Collingwood, Hawthorn or Geelong where you're gonna get a whole bunch of opportunities anyway.

I've got Pav, Chappy, Boomer, Martin, Winderlich, R, R (R, R) right now. More for price structure than anything else but these guys historical numbers don't lie. I don't think I can fit Buddy in but after the other night I think i'm going to have to find a way.

Was really impressed with Zephaniah Skinner from the Doggies last night, havent heard much of him over pre season though, any one got any news about what role he might play during the main season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good posting right here. Forwards will make or break this year. It almost feels like the year to run the risk with 350-500kers. I'm steering clear of NRoo and JB personally, it feels like the game has evolved past big forwards being good scorers, unless of course you play for Collingwood, Hawthorn or Geelong where you're gonna get a whole bunch of opportunities anyway.

I've got Pav, Chappy, Boomer, Martin, Winderlich, R, R (R, R) right now. More for price structure than anything else but these guys historical numbers don't lie. I don't think I can fit Buddy in but after the other night I think i'm going to have to find a way.

Buddy is a bit of a risk cos i think the hawks are gonna play him more up the ground this year so not as many goals and so a price drop is likely as well as a drop in average...

Buddy is a bit of a risk cos i think the hawks are gonna play him more up the ground this year so not as many goals and so a price drop is likely as well as a drop in average...

I think is midfield role will be limited and more dependent on the course of each game. The Hawks will use him where he will be most damaging.

His NAB cup game should serve as a good indicator of what to expect.

Personally I think this makes him a better option, will play the wing like Richo in his twilight at Richmond, whilst still pushing forward for at least half the game (most likely more) to kick 3 or so goals.

The only risk with Buddy is are you paying too much? He's a lock to be in the top 3 fwds by the end of the year so you have to have him soon rather than later. Me, I'm betting he can maintain his scoring and will have him from the start.

agreed. based on his last few seasons his average will proberly increase slightly and he's definately got the ability/talent to make it happen. like any key forward he might put in a bad week or two which will see his price drop a little but not by enough to justify waiting on it imo.

what are peoples thoughts on boomer harvey? he's getting on a bit but played every game last year so has an upside in terms of fitness compared to your chapmans and riolis at the same price. i see him not really increased or decreasing in value, pretty much paying for a solid 100-105 average on a guy who should play out most of the season. anyone see him in a different light? ie negatives?

also i just looked at norths fixture and it doesnt look too bad. play gc and gws twice over the season and imo going to play more of the bottom teams than the top

Hasn't SC scoring changed this year to give more points for marks on the lead? That may translate into traditional CHFs like big JB making a bit of a comeback in SC.

Was really impressed with Zephaniah Skinner from the Doggies last night, havent heard much of him over pre season though, any one got any news about what role he might play during the main season?

I wouldn't expect Skinner to be a regular at this stage, although he was very good Saturday night. I'd probably hold off, although if he continues playing like that in the pre season you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back