2012 SC Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly (sort of) Impromptu (last year's overall winner) has decided not to include Franklin in his initial team this season.

I cant imagine not picking Buddy in SC. He and Martin are must haves in my opinion.

I haven't got Buddy purely based on the Hawks start

scores from LY

Col 66 79
Gee 95 85 93
Ade 72
WCE 146 @ home, this time away
Syd 146 (3 goals in junktime) 95

and he's priced at 119

They may win them all, but even if they do I see the Hawks playing their tempo footy

Cheapish upgrade target no.1 for rd 6-7 ish. *

Martin is in a similar boat, though I do have him.

*may or may not be true

I haven't got Buddy purely based on the Hawks start

scores from LY

Col 66 79
Gee 95 85 93
Ade 72
WCE 146 @ home, this time away
Syd 146 (3 goals in junktime) 95

and he's priced at 119

They may win them all, but even if they do I see the Hawks playing their tempo footy

Cheapish upgrade target no.1 for rd 6-7 ish. *

I'm banking on this theory also after doing similar research. MID time or not, I still just don't see him blowing out his starting price ($600,600) if anything will drop

I don't know why people worry bout getting discounts on players. Happy to be swayed but IMO wouldn't people rather the 700 pts from buddy rather then save 60k and get him at round 7 just for 50-60k less? My opinion but the aim of the game is points so therefore 700pts> 60k IMO?

I don't know why people worry bout getting discounts on players. Happy to be swayed but IMO wouldn't people rather the 700 pts from buddy rather then save 60k and get him at round 7 just for 50-60k less? My opinion but the aim of the game is points so therefore 700pts> 60k IMO?

Not sure if I follow your logic there. 700 points?

The question is if you think that he's overvalued can you use the points somewhere else to get more bang for your buck? like a premium mid for example

Personally I will have buddy from the start

Not just for the discount in my case. It also frees up some much needed $$$ to make team more balanced all round. Plus gives me the option to basically afford any rookie I want around ground and not just have to squeeze a bunch of 113k and below.

I actually think there are a fair few 500k+ FWD's that will outscore or at least be on par with Franklin early in season, say pre Round 7 or so.

It's basically the same as the Pendlebury argument... why are so many people leaving Pendlebury out?

Not just for the discount in my case. It also frees up some much needed $$$ to make team more balanced all round. Plus gives me the option to basically afford any rookie I want around ground and not just have to squeeze a bunch of 113k and below.

I actually think there are a fair few 500k+ FWD's that will outscore or at least be on par with Franklin early in season, say pre Round 7 or so.

It's basically the same as the Pendlebury argument... why are so many people leaving Pendlebury out?
Yeah I agree you have to take into consideration who you choose instead of buddy and how the extra 100k was spent to improve your team (and gain extra points).

Anyone liking Boomer or Rooey? Both soft draws and both with changes in circumstances, no longer skipper and new coach. Boomer also playing his more than likely last season will want to go out on a high note. Lots of big wins for north with their draw as well and we know how much he likes to get amongst it when its feeding time. Saints have a soft early draw in particular. Roo is the cheapest he's ever been and is a career 105-115 player and the saints get back Hayes who without a doubt makes them a better team. If the saints improve and McEvoy improves and the midfield improves, surely Roo has to as well?

Yeah I agree you have to take into consideration who you choose instead of buddy and how the extra 100k was spent to improve your team (and gain extra points).

Exactly. Really think leaving him out actually makes my team stronger across board. One of those make or break spots.

Anyone liking Boomer or Rooey? Both soft draws and both with changes in circumstances, no longer skipper and new coach. Boomer also playing his more than likely last season will want to go out on a high note. Lots of big wins for north with their draw as well and we know how much he likes to get amongst it when its feeding time. Saints have a soft early draw in particular. Roo is the cheapest he's ever been and is a career 105-115 player and the saints get back Hayes who without a doubt makes them a better team. If the saints improve and McEvoy improves and the midfield improves, surely Roo has to as well?

Either of Boomer or Roo could be a real huge POD. Both noticeably not being named in a lot of sides on here. Most people I guess are going on the theory of Roo not being able to bounce back and churn out those solid keeper numbers. And Boomer finally having a sliding downhill average with age catching up etc. As you mentioned the change in circumstances anything could happen.

Me personally won't be touching either, but this is coming from a guy that is leaving Franklin out of his side :p

Upside vs Downside etc, etc. Where is that crystal ball when you need it...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Riewoldt does not seem spoken of enough here. He may be more of your 130 70 rather than 110 90 type player but I cannot see him averaging less than 10 points higher than his priced average at the beginning of the year. I predict a 95 average going up to 105 if exceeding expectations and 90 in a flat year. Being priced at an 80 average he does not seem like the worst pickup and is a name I have rarely seen thrown up by people.

Jack Riewoldt does not seem spoken of enough here. He may be more of your 130 70 rather than 110 90 type player but I cannot see him averaging less than 10 points higher than his priced average at the beginning of the year. I predict a 95 average going up to 105 if exceeding expectations and 90 in a flat year. Being priced at an 80 average he does not seem like the worst pickup and is a name I have rarely seen thrown up by people.

He's been in and out of my team this year. My main concern is Richmonds tough start where I think Jacks scores may be lowish. Still a strong consideration as I think he will be in for a big year.

Jack Riewoldt does not seem spoken of enough here. He may be more of your 130 70 rather than 110 90 type player but I cannot see him averaging less than 10 points higher.

As someone who had him last year I probably wouldn't take him again. Certainly last year he was more of a 110 60 type player so he wasn't worth it. I think he'll be better this year but key forwards like him are too much of a risk.

Really rate the forward rookies this year, have considered at any one stage 3/4/5 of Dayne Zorko, Tory Dickson, Aaron Hall, Devon Smith, Tommy Walsh, Sam Kerridge, Ahmed Saad, Corey Dell'Ollio, James Magner, Adam Treloar, think the other rookie positions are a little thin.

Since when was Magner a mid/fwd? :D

Nick Riewoldt, has he done enough to get picked yet......im doubting it more and more?

Didn't get to watch the game against Collingwood yesterday but from a purely stats point of view it looked a lot better for him than previously during the preseason. 10 marks with 94% efficiency but no goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back