2012 SC Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of trusting either Giles or Stephensen to average around 80-90 and therefore only go with the one premium ruck to begin with. For me that ruck is Nicnat, he is the guy with the highest ceiling and a player I can see scoring massive scores of over 150. He will also play ruck rover a bit while Cox is in the ruck so he will have the oppurtunity to get lots of points around the stoppages.

So thats Naitanui, Giles, Stephensen and Rowe for me.

My second choice for my lone ruck would be Luenberger, so ill keep an eye on him if Nicnat isn't showing up in the preseason.

This is the same as my line of thinking.. Nic Nat with another preseason looks the goods. And yeah hopefully Stephenson is an 80-90 and I will be happy..

Anyone considering Kreuzer and McIntosh?. Kreuzer I think (hope!) will stay in my team. McIntosh will make 100K and be upgraded when Cox or Sandilands get a little cheaper. It basically let's me run 4 premium guns back, mid and fwd.

I have. Atm, I have both as starting ruckmen. Hoping to upgrade midseason. Like you. I have the same thoughts and it allows me to have more premium at back and mid.
Still considering a change, but don't want to downgrade a premium or 2,for an unkown rookie.:confused:

I have. Atm, I have both as starting ruckmen. Hoping to upgrade midseason. Like you. I have the same thoughts and it allows me to have more premium at back and mid.
Still considering a change, but don't want to downgrade a premium or 2,for an unkown rookie.:confused:

Big risk, when you consider some of the premium ruckmen will score just as well as most top midfielders.

Cox is a super premium based on last years scores, and Mummy isnt that far off (I beleive Goldstiens score will suffer a little with HMac in the equation).

Taking Kruezer and McIntosh instead of Cox and Mummy is very similar to taking Sidebottom and Hayes in the midfield instead of Swan and Selwood. No one would ever do that, whats the point. But the average and potential differences are roughly the same.

I'll give you one, Kruezer could be a break out player, but using both could cost you.

Big risk, when you consider some of the premium ruckmen will score just as well as most top midfielders.

Cox is a super premium based on last years scores, and Mummy isnt that far off (I beleive Goldstiens score will suffer a little with HMac in the equation).

Taking Kruezer and McIntosh instead of Cox and Mummy is very similar to taking Sidebottom and Hayes in the midfield instead of Swan and Selwood. No one would ever do that, whats the point. But the average and potential differences are roughly the same.

I'll give you one, Kruezer could be a break out player, but using both could cost you.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Atm, I have a very strong team, but worried about my rucks. No doubt, as the NAB cup keeps rolling on, I would strongly consider upgrading 1 of my ruckmen and downgrade 1 of my premium backs. But something tells me that both Kruezer & McIntosh are going to have a great year.
You're right though, it could cost me.

Barring injury there is no reason why Kreuzer can’t top the ton, if he doesn't id be a little concerned, he is ripe.

McIntosh has a ceiling of probably 90, but given he will be forced to play second fiddle to Goldstein I’d say his chances of reaching that are limited. He looked solid in the NAB cup but the roles may change. He may get rested forward, but when you have Petrie down there, it may not be required.

I'd expect him to miss a couple of games this year as well, as I doubt they will enter every game with Goldy, Petrie and McIntosh, but that’s just speculation.

More and more i mess around with my rucks the more I feel Cox, Giles, Steph, x is feeling like the best option.

I don't feel overly comfortable with the unprovens who are almost priced as midfielders as starters so might try my luck with Giles and upgrade to a high ceiling type somewhere along the way. I've gone off Hmac for now, although North's draw is nice, Goldy and even dish could mean that he might not get a regular full time ruck gig. A north supporter would probably know better though..

Initailly I was happy with Mumford, Kreuzer, Giles and Stephenson.

There is no doubt that Giles and Stephenson will play lots of footy, Giles especially, and it's realistic to expect him to average about 65 or so.

But as I look at it, if Giles and Stephenson get regular games, then I fancy the idea of dropping Kreuzer and freeing up a lot of cash by replacing him with Rowe.

It's the difference between taking someone like John Butcher or upgrading to Lance Franklin.

After today I have to say im considering going with an untried ruckmen at number 2 as well.

Was going to take a gamble on Kruezer after watching his pre season, but based on his game today it looks like they may be playing him more as a KPF. Not confident the he will be a consistent high scorer down there.

If Giles or Stephenson continue to look solid during the pre season, it may be the way to go. Yet another risk vs. reward situation. :rolleyes:

Although I have to say I've always be a big promoter of the set and forget ruck stratergy. Which I still think is the safest bet, but I really dont want to downgrade anyone elsewhere to upgrade Kreuzer to a premium.

I can't go past Mummy and Luey with Orem and Giles!!

Those are the 2 preimums im looking at, already have Mummy, and Berger is the player I want to upgrade Kruezer to. I just have to decide who to downgrade to free up the cash.

Would be happy with Cox in my team though, simply because I still think he is going to score fairly well. Maybe not like last year but still well above 110.

Mummy should be able to achieve that, and after watching Hudson, and realising niether him or Longer will demand much time as number 1 ruck at Brisbane, I think Berg's will continue to improve.

Well that's the thing! Out of the best ruckman, Cox is questionable because of age and obviously NicNat, Sandi had some pretty serious injuries last year, Goldi has Hamish to contend with this year also. Luey and Mummy are the only great scorers I see as Number 1 ruckman who should be untroubled in achieving large amounts of time as number 1 ruck!

Well that's the thing! Out of the best ruckman, Cox is questionable because of age and obviously NicNat, Sandi had some pretty serious injuries last year, Goldi has Hamish to contend with this year also. Luey and Mummy are the only great scorers I see as Number 1 ruckman who should be untroubled in achieving large amounts of time as number 1 ruck!

I’m sure some will take a punt on McEvoy rising again as well, given he also doesn’t have much competition as number 1 ruck. He should score consistently. But Luey and Mummy do more around the ground and drift forward really will. Both have a much higher ceiling than McEvoy.

The thing I like about Cox, is that he plays the link role really well, he acts like another midfielder for them, and can rack up descent possessions numbers regularly, and going by his NAB cup game that role won’t change much. But personally i'd bank on one of Mumford or Leuenberger (hopefully both) matching him this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much cheaper too ;)

McEvoy isn't a true footballer in my opinion... if not for his size he would not be anywhere near a footballer!

Yeah the price is the main factor for me.

Interesting take on McEvoy, you will probably piss a few Saints fans off with that, haha.

Just downgraded Fyfe to Roo (for the time being) so I could upgrade Kruezer to Berger.

Not 100% on Reiwoldt just yet, but ill give him till the end of the NAB cup to prove his worth, because by having him I can also have Berger :rolleyes:

Got Roo and Fyfe!!!

Checked out McEvoy a bit last year if not for a size he wouldn't have got near the ball!!

That eases my mind about Roo a bit, still want Fyfe though. :rolleyes:

McEvoy is a true ruckmen, if he isn't in the ruck he is on the bench. He isn't going to drift forward like other top rucks because his skills aren't adaptable. Both McEvoy and Goldstein benefited more than any one else with the new interchange rule.

Fyfe with Martin is a lock.... Roo too for mine! McEvoy I can't! All his points seem to come from drifting back.. with other ruckman points came from drifting forward where more points are available!

Rucks are doing my head in too. Usually an advocate of the set & forget.
However, the clear & obvious one to me this year is the Sausage Guzzler.

I really don't like any others for various reasons. The Berger like some posts above is the only other one I like the look of, yet I'm still not convinced. So I may need to trade to the form ruck anyway.

ATM I'm going Mummy plus 3 rooks (big O, Giles & Redden/Jenkins/Derickx/?), I will change that unless the 3rd ruck is playing round one.

As such i'm going with 4 mid prem (usually go 3) & bit of extra strength fwd & back, mainly back.

Now I might get howled down for going heavy in the backline as they generally don't score as high. Conversely rookie backs are notorious for scoring crap, so maybe shoring up the backs first isn't a terrible idea.

Thoughts?

Rucks are doing my head in too. Usually an advocate of the set & forget.
However, the clear & obvious one to me this year is the Sausage Guzzler.

I really don't like any others for various reasons. The Berger like some posts above is the only other one I like the look of, yet I'm still not convinced. So I may need to trade to the form ruck anyway.

ATM I'm going Mummy plus 3 rooks (big O, Giles & Redden/Jenkins/Derickx/?), I will change that unless the 3rd ruck is playing round one.

As such i'm going with 4 mid prem (usually go 3) & bit of extra strength fwd & back, mainly back.

Now I might get howled down for going heavy in the backline as they generally don't score as high. Conversely rookie backs are notorious for scoring crap, so maybe shoring up the backs first isn't a terrible idea.

Thoughts?

Seems like the go for alot of people, given there are a few genuine rookie rucks available.

Wouldn't go anymore than 4 premiums in the mids, otherwise you will be missing some cash cows, so there isn't much wrong going a bit heavy in the backs if you have the extra cash.

Seems like the go for alot of people, given there are a few genuine rookie rucks available.

Wouldn't go anymore than 4 premiums in the mids, otherwise you will be missing some cash cows, so there isn't much wrong going a bit heavy in the backs if you have the extra cash.

AS you say 4 prem mids is max & I've shelled out plenty for them.

This year, as last, is a unique opportunity (2 new teams) to go for a rookie ruck structure.

I like to do something different from year to year, just because that's probably who i am but the best cash cows i see (so far) seem to be Rucks & plenty of mids.

Normally, like everyone else, I derive most of my cash from mids then fwds.

This year I'm (likely) to go mids & rucks. But to cover i've gone an extra mid.

AS you say 4 prem mids is max & I've shelled out plenty for them.

This year, as last, is a unique opportunity (2 new teams) to go for a rookie ruck structure.

I like to do something different from year to year, just because that's probably who i am but the best cash cows i see (so far) seem to be Rucks & plenty of mids.

Normally, like everyone else, I derive most of my cash from mids then fwds.

This year I'm (likely) to go mids & rucks. But to cover i've gone an extra mid.

At least you know you wont be alone with the Premium and rookie starting ruck combo. I'd say it will be very tempting to alot of people who 1. Dont believe Sandi or Cox are going to dominate agin and 2. Dont trust Berger, Goldstien or McEvoy to repeat thier efforts from last year.

Personally I disagree, but to each there own.

At least you know you wont be alone with the Premium and rookie starting ruck combo. I'd say it will be very tempting to alot of people who 1. Dont belive Sandi or Cox are going to dominate agin and 2. Dont trust Berger, Goldstien or McEvoy to repeat thier efforts from last year.

Don't get me wrong, Sandi & Cox are SC gold but both have queries in my mind.

Sandi has the perennially foot issue, which is even harder to overcome for a bloke of his size. Then you have Griffen & Clarke, so i see some "rests" there plus possibly more time on the bench. Doubt they would use him too much as a resting fwd. Even so I doubt he'd score as much.

Coxy is a little overpriced & with Nic Nat (give a dog a bone) he may miss some points. He may not, they also may choose to rest him & give Lycett game time.

Don't get me wrong, Sandi & Cox are SC gold but both have queries in my mind.

Sandi has the perennially foot issue, which is even harder to overcome for a bloke of his size. Then you have Griffen & Clarke, so i see some "rests" there plus possibly more time on the bench. Doubt they would use him too much as a resting fwd. Even so I doubt he'd score as much.

Coxy is a little overpriced & with Nic Nat (give a dog a bone) he may miss some points. He may not, they also may choose to rest him & give Lycett game time.

True, Cox is the better of the 2, but has to come down in price. Still believe he can be in the top 3 rucks but not top 3 overall.

True, Cox is the better of the 2, but has to come down in price. Still believe he can be in the top 3 rucks but not top 3 overall.

Exactly why I'm not choosing to back in a set & forget ruck combo yet.

No doubt i'll chicken out before round one lockout!:p

What are peoples thoughts on Redden From Port Adelaide. Im considering him as the third rookie along with Burger, Giles and The Big O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back