2012 SC Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone Cox and H Mac, with Reddan and Giles

I had Pattinson in there at sub $100k also, but I want my guys to play and grow in value. Not sure he will get a game

H Mac will grow by $50k if he averages 85 up until the bye ($412,360).

If he averages 95 to the bye, he is worth $457,420

Either way, given how expensive other options are to get near even an 85 ppt average, it is a no brainer to select him

None of the rucks have really impressed me in the pre season, but it is always hard to tell.

regardless of price who does everyone think the 2 highest averaging rucks will be come end of year?

None of the rucks have really impressed me in the pre season, but it is always hard to tell.

regardless of price who does everyone think the 2 highest averaging rucks will be come end of year?

cox & sandilands - like always

From end of last ear I was thinking Berger and Mumford, now I'm thinking Mumford might start slow even though he has an easy draw and Berger hasn't been to special.

So was thinking Cox and Sandi - but if Sandi is out NAB injured again, im not quite sure, rather just load and leave in my rucks

Cant believe how many teams are going with Giles as a starting ruck. He will be hit and miss throughout the season as there will be weeks he gives you an 80 or 90 but there will also be a fair few weeks whereby he will give you a 40. Theres also going to be weeks whereby he will be rested as well so i reckon your playing with fire if your looking at starting him. Rucks should be a set and forget position as your going to need to save your trades in other positions throughout the year

I'm going Kruezer and Mcintosh with my rucks.

Just can't justify spending $600,000 odd on your Cox's, Sandillands and Mumfords.

Both Kruezer and Mcintosh are great value IMO and this year I'd rather use the money around the other parts of the ground.

Just my 5c. Time will tell if I look like a genius or not. :p

I'll be going Cox and Mumford as my starting rucks, with the customary Stephenson and Giles on the bench.

More than likely they will be the highest scoring ruckmen this year so I'll pick them from the start and be done with it.

Mumford may average the highest but I wouldnt count on him being the 1 of the highest scoring ruck for the year.

I'm a bit worried about the rule changes impacting Mummy. He likes contact too much.

Cox is a lock for me. Played all 22 last year, averaged 10 points more than anyone else. Having a great preseason...lock.

The other spot is currently a tie between McEvoy and Sandi. Sandi is obviously the better ruckman, but I just get the feeling Lyon will nurse Sandi through the season, which will cap his scoring. McEvoy has no competition at St. Kilda. He is young, fit and rising. Averaged over the ton last year and is likely to improve on that I reckon.

Cant believe how many teams are going with Giles as a starting ruck. He will be hit and miss throughout the season as there will be weeks he gives you an 80 or 90 but there will also be a fair few weeks whereby he will give you a 40. Theres also going to be weeks whereby he will be rested as well so i reckon your playing with fire if your looking at starting him.

Same as pretty much every other rookie, no matter what position.

I'm going Kruezer and Mcintosh with my rucks.

Just can't justify spending $600,000 odd on your Cox's, Sandillands and Mumfords.

Both Kruezer and Mcintosh are great value IMO and this year I'd rather use the money around the other parts of the ground.

Just my 5c. Time will tell if I look like a genius or not. :p

I always had McIntosh locked in and was deciding between Leuenberger or Kreuzer but after Kreuzer performonce on the weekend i think he'll average 90+ and i'll save a little bit of coin to upgrade somewhere else.
The big man looks fit and mobile and plays like another midfielder around the ground and he looks like his gotten himself bigger again. The kids a monster.
I think Kreuzer is in for a big year, barring injury.

I'm a bit worried about the rule changes impacting Mummy. He likes contact too much.

Cox is a lock for me. Played all 22 last year, averaged 10 points more than anyone else. Having a great preseason...lock.

The other spot is currently a tie between McEvoy and Sandi. Sandi is obviously the better ruckman, but I just get the feeling Lyon will nurse Sandi through the season, which will cap his scoring. McEvoy has no competition at St. Kilda. He is young, fit and rising. Averaged over the ton last year and is likely to improve on that I reckon.

Contact rule doesn't apply during the H&A season I believe.

I always had McIntosh locked in and was deciding between Leuenberger or Kreuzer but after Kreuzer performonce on the weekend i think he'll average 90+ and i'll save a little bit of coin to upgrade somewhere else.
The big man looks fit and mobile and plays like another midfielder around the ground and he looks like his gotten himself bigger again. The kids a monster.
I think Kreuzer is in for a big year, barring injury.

Shhhhhhh don't tell everyone! ;)

Some serious coin to be saved with this duo who will both go VERY close to 100pts a week and if Kruez manages to snag a couple of goals as well to go with his 20 odd tap outs etc it is a real possibility.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi or Mummy, I can't decide. Sandi spent a lot of time out last year with his injury while Mummy is a sling tackle away from a serious suspension.

Leaning towards Mummy as a POD but I will be switching the two until lockout.

Shhhhhhh don't tell everyone! ;)

Some serious coin to be saved with this duo who will both go VERY close to 100pts a week and if Kruez manages to snag a couple of goals as well to go with his 20 odd tap outs etc it is a real possibility.

:D

:):thumbsu::thumbsu:

The pre season form of Hmac and Kruezer has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. Based on what i've seen so far, both look to be viable ruck options. But neither Carlton or North have played a full game with a full ruck contingent, so it's hard to gage the impact the other talls will have. Especially when you consider neither are really first choice rucks.

Add that to the fact that of the top ruckmen, only Cox has shown enough to suggest he will dominate. Mumford hasn't played a full game yet and hasn't really been unable to impact the game. Berger was outshone by Longer and Goldstien by HMac, and once again niether played a full game. And then McEvoy didn't even play. It makes it hard to see what form they are in.

The pre season form of Hmac and Kruezer has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. Based on what i've seen so far, both look to be viable ruck options. But neither Carlton or North have played a full game with a full ruck contingent, so it's hard to gage the impact the other talls will have. Especially when you consider neither are really first choice rucks.

Add that to the fact that of the top ruckmen, only Cox has shown enough to suggest he will dominate. Mumford hasn't played a full game yet and hasn't really been unable to impact the game. Berger was outshone by Longer and Goldstien by HMac, and once again niether played a full game. And then McEvoy didn't even play. It makes it hard to see what form they are in.

this is because theyre being saved for the season proper

Do you think having McIntosh, Giles (Redden, Stephenson) as my rucks is too risky? Used to have Sandilands, but downgraded to pick up Fisher in the backline. If McIntosh averages 80, which I believe he can, his price will rise to about $450k and Sandilands might drop to $580k at some stage. I can play McIntosh in the ruck for most of the year and then pick up Sandilands for about $130k extra. In the meantime, Fisher and McIntosh should outscore Sandilands and another rookie all year. Any advice?

Thanks,

this is because theyre being saved for the season proper

Yeah, I figured that.

Just makes it hard to pick which rucks will have the biggest impact this year

I'd really like to put Cox in.. but in saying that I think that he'll start slow and that I might be able to pick him up a bit cheaper 8 to 10 rounds in.

Is there any love for Roughy? He was in great form before getting injured last year.

Yeah, I figured that.

Just makes it hard to pick which rucks will have the biggest impact this year

It is all about the $$$$$ for me MM.

I can see both HMac and Kruez both averaging 90+ easily every game and spending an extra 500k to get Cox and another premium with Mummy and Sandi etc makes no sense at all for say 50-60 or so extra points on average when you can make that up massively in other areas with the 500k you will save turning a rookie or low mid pricer into a premium who will get you over 110+ a game making up and covering the difference easily that your rucks may be lacking in.

I cannot justify the money for Cox or any other 600k+ ruck TBH as good as they are and i am willing to roll the dice this year.

My 2 cents. :)

Is there any love for Roughy? He was in great form before getting injured last year.

Wait until rounds 12 - 14 imo. Won't start playing for Box Hill until around rounds 4 - 6 by most estimates, and his fitness will be far below last year. I can't see him being able to play a roaming ruck/midfield role like 2011 until towards the tail end of the season, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back