2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sorry North! The club is keeping it's cards close to it's chest....I am not involved with club, just close to a couple of people at club.

Buy a Prius Badge...:D
SMY, from what l am hearing Caloundra are recruiting well, & if they play some juniors they will be strong again over the next 5 years. Rumours suggest Nambour are on a recruiting drive, suggesting they have money to spend, maybe not playing by the rules. It will be a great day to watch a new local derby between Nambour & Caloundra in the future. Question to you, do you you think the coast has the players and volunteers to have Noosa, Maroochy, Caloundra & Nambour all in high comps? All due respect to all clubs l thought Noosa, maroochy in Div 1, Caloundra div 2 & Nambour Div 3 worked. Giving players a good choice of what level they wanted and could play.IMO.

I think 2 Div 1, 2 Div 2 is a good mix mate - if a bloke wants to play a lower standard than Div 2 then he can play in one of the 3rds teams that is around. The bottom line is whether clubs are financial - they soon won't be if they throw cash around in Div 2 bc you just can't generate a return on that money when there is no gate takings and 200 people watching / buying food and drink. I would argue that success for both nambour and Caloundra is far less about whether they win a premiership but whether they are financial still in 5 years time - neither club and you can include Maroochy in that list have a recent history of being so. The whole mindset between money and football has to change on the coast. It isn't Victoria or any of the southern states where 10,000 people go and watch a local football game occasionally.

rumor had it that cooli were coming down from the pinapple cup???? so can we put that rumor to bed?

geez, nambour taking the step up seriously. Ben Stanley is slowly working through anyone he played with at Maroochydore getting them to sign on at Nambour. Tom Booth is a great addition, great guy to have around the club. Travis Mills should dominate that league.

Is travel enough to stop a footballer playing for his club? If so don't have a crack at the league, maybe change sports, I suggest Internet chess, every game is a home game! Congrats to UQ on their elevation but my thoughts go out out to the Brisbane sides, having to pack their Footy gear 45 mins earlier! Great to hear Caloundra is back, after some poor luck. Apologies for any inherit sarcasm but after checking this thread it was disappointing to read the complaints re: the new additions to comp rather than positive news on how each club is preparing

Is travel enough to stop a footballer playing for his club? If so don't have a crack at the league, maybe change sports, I suggest Internet chess, every game is a home game! Congrats to UQ on their elevation but my thoughts go out out to the Brisbane sides, having to pack their Footy gear 45 mins earlier! Great to hear Caloundra is back, after some poor luck. Apologies for any inherit sarcasm but after checking this thread it was disappointing to read the complaints re: the new additions to comp rather than positive news on how each club is preparing
Spot on Footy 1st. This forum is all about hating and there is a distinct lack of healthy banter. i check it every now and then and there always seems to be a place for players and spectators to vent their anger. Other QLD forums know how to entertain the masses.

Geez the Nambour Roos are recruiting well. Good luck with your latest "recruit", say goodbye to your family club atmosphere.

I
Geez the Nambour Roos are recruiting well. Good luck with your latest "recruit", say goodbye to your family club atmosphere.
In the right environment, anyone can buy into a positive culture. Not sure who you are talking about? But it seems like this person did not have the support whilst at your club. If the coach, players and other senior figures around the club have clear guidelines and expectations set it is easy to discipline players if needed! From what I hear, Nambour have a great culture at present, so what better place for this so called 'toubled recruit' to be.

Brodie white
You are not seriously calling Brodie White a good recruit are you? As for the other recruits named i think they will have to keep recruiting to be any chance of being a force in this division. Whispers around the traps that Yeronga have been going about their business well and will soon unveil 3-4 very handy additions to their list.
Is it true that Plummer has retired and is also now began sleeping with only the hallway light on and not the light in his bedroom?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
In the right environment, anyone can buy into a positive culture. Not sure who you are talking about? But it seems like this person did not have the support whilst at your club. If the coach, players and other senior figures around the club have clear guidelines and expectations set it is easy to discipline players if needed! From what I hear, Nambour have a great culture at present, so what better place for this so called 'toubled recruit' to be.

agree with your point, however some people move from club to club to club, I would say it isn't the club with the problem, it's the individual.

You are not seriously calling Brodie White a good recruit are you? As for the other recruits named i think they will have to keep recruiting to be any chance of being a force in this division. Whispers around the traps that Yeronga have been going about their business well and will soon unveil 3-4 very handy additions to their list.
Is it true that Plummer has retired and is also now began sleeping with only the hallway light on and not the light in his bedroom?
What would be Mr White's perceived problems s364376 and Jizz Jockey? Drinker, bluer, trouble maker...please let us know as although I have met the man I do not suggest that I know him. Please be more specific when you are going to take pot shots at someone from behind your key board. I look forward to your response.

What would be Mr White's perceived problems s364376 and Jizz Jockey? Drinker, bluer, trouble maker...please let us know as although I have met the man I do not suggest that I know him. Please be more specific when you are going to take pot shots at someone from behind your key board. I look forward to your response.
For anyone that knows who I was referring to, nothing more needs to be said. Not much point naming names and writing shit about people on here. I just said that goodbye to the family club atmosphere. I know when all those guys payed together at Maroochydore the club culture was non existent.

Shows how much clubs mean to some people in that 2 of their prize recruits for the year are onto there third club on the coast, in 4 years.

Anyway, no bad blood on my part. Maroochydore has never been better so hopefully it all works out and everyone is happy.

For anyone that knows who I was referring to, nothing more needs to be said. Not much point naming names and writing shit about people on here. I just said that goodbye to the family club atmosphere. I know when all those guys payed together at Maroochydore the club culture was non existent.

Shows how much clubs mean to some people in that 2 of their prize recruits for the year are onto there third club on the coast, in 4 years.

Anyway, no bad blood on my part. Maroochydore has never been better so hopefully it all works out and everyone is happy.
Blokes move clubs for a number of reasons. Opportunity, travel, standards of divisions, work, family, age the list could go on. So I don't think you can say that a club means nothing to them just because they leave. I know Travis Mills is very thankful for his time at Noosa and enjoyed the place thoroughly!! But now he got an 'opportunity' to coach and play at a club that is closer to his residence. I'm not sure I fully agree with your statement that, ''Maroochy has never been better''. That is a big call when you think back to the Somerville days where they were a consistent finals team and a contender to win the flag. Although they never did. I do understand that the roos junior/development side of things is going very well due to great coaches like steve moody and the like. Anyway good luck to all sides on the coast in 2013!!

Maroochydore had 5 senior teams last year, and played in 3 grand finals, including div 1 and div 2 18s. Blind Freddie can see that even though the ones and twos have struggled, the club is heading in the right direction and it won't be long before the under 18 results transfer to ones and twos.

Previous years the strategy has been to pay more than they can afford, for players like Travis mills, bodie white etc, who for all the support that was given to them, up and move as soon as things get tough.

Think the Mills move is understandable Pies - must admit have never been a big fan of moving clubs within the same comp (which he isn't doing) - saying this did it twice bc my club kept on going broke!!:D Like you said he seems to have done really well at Noosa (far better than I gave him credit for on his form at Maroochy) and I don't care what anyone says, travel is an issue for nearly every bloke at this sort of level.
I am confused though why a guy would move from Caloundra to Nambour unless there was issues. Each to their own but like S36.. said too, don't equate on field success to a successful club at all times. It is nice but not all important to the environment of your club.

muggsy and notting both signed thats my mail. Pretty sure they will bring a few over with them as well. Any other clubs have big recruits? I know Caloundra have been throwing some serious cash around.

muggsy and notting both signed thats my mail. Pretty sure they will bring a few over with them as well. Any other clubs have big recruits? I know Caloundra have been throwing some serious cash around.
Is Yeronga the AFLQ main base now? New facilities? It appears the desire would be to have them playing in the top tier sooner rather than later, and not just from an internal push. A couple of exceptional players would obviously attract some income to undertake certain roles, but surely the money would be available at other clubs, Div 1 even, if they weren't approached by higher Divs then those clubs missed a trick there. The only other enticement options for such top notch recruits could include employment opportunities. Although I'm confused as to why, I will definitely attend a Yeronga home game to see some greats going about their football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back