2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think it's time for some predictions.
Here are mine
1-Yeronga
2-Coorparoo
3-Caloundra
4-Aspley
5-Caboolture
6-Nambour
7-Wynumm
8-Robina
9-Redcliffe
10-Alex Hills
11-Kenmore
12-Kedron

I think Yeronga have recruited very well and will be red hot favs. Coorparoo will always be up there and challenging for the flag. Will be very interesting to see how the new clubs go. From all reports Caloundra are cashed up and ready to go, despite a few hiccups with fires etc etc.

wow pies - 3 teams from outside of the division from 2012 to finish in the top 6 - good gear your on up that way!! understand that Panthers should be strong if the rumours are correct and that Nambour have recruited a few more Maroochy blokes but for Cab to finish 3rd in div 3 and then finish 5th in Div 2 first year up is a big call - didnt win a game all year from memory last time in this div - interested to know how or what you see as the improvement from 2012 to 2013?

Roos looking ok - retained most of core players and a few PHC players at training at the moment - but definately not getting ahead of ourselves and for what its worth our goal is finals after fininshing 6th last year.

Hopefully I have my facts right, but did Caloundra win the Div 4 flag, Redcliffe the Div 3 flag & Cooparoo the Div 2 flag? If so is the 1st time there have been 3 'Reigning Premiers' in the one comp?

Hopefully I have my facts right, but did Caloundra win the Div 4 flag, Redcliffe the Div 3 flag & Cooparoo the Div 2 flag? If so is the 1st time there have been 3 'Reigning Premiers' in the one comp?
Yeronga won't loose a game . they have recruited better than any team in Australia u heard from the child first 6 of the best recruits any football club could dream for . And to add to your comment redcliffe, caboolture, nambour will all be bottom 6 .

Yeronga won't loose a game . they have recruited better than any team in Australia u heard from the child first 6 of the best recruits any football club could dream for . And to add to your comment redcliffe, caboolture, nambour will all be bottom 6 .
My comment?? I agree Yeronga should be a powerhouse this season & I only know of 3 of the recruits. Powerhouse aside, it could still be an interesting comp, several teams have been recruiting from the higher divisions, Vic & S.A.. Still hoping to see some more games this year, I'll definitely try to see a Yeronga game.

What 3
My comment?? I agree Yeronga should be a powerhouse this season & I only know of 3 of the recruits. Powerhouse aside, it could still be an interesting comp, several teams have been recruiting from the higher divisions, Vic & S.A.. Still hoping to see some more games this year, I'll definitely try to see a Yeronga game.
What 3 do u know footy????

Yes that's right they are 3 of our gun recruits . Flower and maguvin will cause some extreme headaches for opposition back lines having seen them both at training I think they will dominate. And Notting well I don't need to say anything about him . Also we have picked up duke from noosa and John Kennedy from Logan . By far the best pre season I've seen in 4 years at the club . I d love to hear how other clubs have recruited!!!!

Spoons to premiers...........Pretty handy ins but will they make up 16 goals to catch the Kings based on their last meeting?

What Notting's formline after his reco?

Spoons to premiers...........Pretty handy ins but will they make up 16 goals to catch the Kings based on their last meeting?

What Notting's formline after his reco?
Wouldn't think his form would matter playing in div 2 he will dominate at any position on the ground . Don't quote me but I don't think he has had a reco mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, safe to say the whole league will be backing anyone except Yeronga. Why buy a division two premiership? Who really gives that much of a f*ck to do that? How about building a list with your local junior teams, developing players and trying to win one over a couple of years? Can't see the value in coming last one season, winning the flag the next and then after all these has beens retire after bullying some div 2 tryers, being so depleted that they come last the next year.

He had a reco two years ago
Thought so, still was solid at NEAFL level in 2012.

48 goals from 10 games. Would have to be a massive chance to kick a 100 even with Yeonga's midfield.

Anyway, people should stop having a sook. Good to see AFL players battling on. Kudos to Devils for puling it off.

A couple of prize recruits but I wonder if Yeronga's pockets are deep enough. I'll have a punt and say they all don't all travel for the Nambour away game.

Agrre
Thought so, still was solid at NEAFL level in 2012.

48 goals from 10 games. Would have to be a massive chance to kick a 100 even with Yeonga's midfield.

Anyway, people should stop having a sook. Good to see AFL players battling on. Kudos to Devils for puling it off.[/qu

Agreed !!!! If good players want to play at a club and are friends of people at the club that's is awesome for the club badger u should stop whinging if Notting wanted to play at ure club would u say no ??? I highly doubt it .

Yeronga might have recruited 4 or 5 great players, it may have cost them a bundle. I say good in them. They can still get the youth and local players involved, what better way to develop these guys by having and ex AFL player plus others who have played at a high level in QLD? If the experienced guys do the right thing and aren't there just for the weekend, surely the whole club will learn through their example how to train, recover etc.

quote="Megaman123, post: 26982772, member: 92842"]Yeronga might have recruited 4 or 5 great players, it may have cost them a bundle. I say good in them. They can still get the youth and local players involved, what better way to develop these guys by having and ex AFL player plus others who have played at a high level in QLD? If the experienced guys do the right thing and aren't there just for the weekend, surely the whole club will learn through their example how to train, recover etc.[/quote]

Finally someone sees the sense in what we have have done and as it always has been at the devils if u don't train u don't play senior footy , thanks for ure support mega man !!!!

This doesn't guarantee a flag I don't think. Yeronga were last last year, and struggled. Having a handful of guns I think will make them more competitive, but clubs have recruited well in various comps and come up short chasing a flag. If opposition sides keep the guns quiet, or they are injured, yeronga won't be unbeatable. Lets say they have 6 new faces of real quality, 16 players are still there from last year. Good luck to yeronga, they are trying to do what every clubs aims for, improvement, success and finals. But I think it's to early to say they will be unbeatable.

w
This doesn't guarantee a flag I don't think. Yeronga were last last year, and struggled. Having a handful of guns I think will make them more competitive, but clubs have recruited well in various comps and come up short chasing a flag. If opposition sides keep the guns quiet, or they are injured, yeronga won't be unbeatable. Lets say they have 6 new faces of real quality, 16 players are still there from last year. Good luck to yeronga, they are trying to do what every clubs aims for, improvement, success and finals. But I think it's to early to say they will be unbeatable.

Mega who do u play for or support?

Good to see Yeronga going about there business nice and quietly :)

how did tyour ground hold up Devils child? hasnt rained on your parade from the looks of it :)

hate to say it but think a lot may come down to draw - 12 teams 16 rounds is never going to give a truely even competition - dont know the answer, dont have any suggestions just pointing out the bleeding obvious!

Has it officially been released yet or does it still have DRAFT in a big watermark across it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back