2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened BOC? nearly had the 2nds game in the bag? only for alex to close it out with a couple of late goals.

Well done to robina seniors, was a good game to watch very attacking and free flowing.
Shame about the red and yellow cards awarded. thought i was watching touch footy for a second there lol.

yeah burgo and Murray have done well. cant really speak for murray, but i know burgo doesnt have much support up there in forward 50! and he attracts a crowd often competing against 3 backmen.

Well seasons over and MAD MONDAY tomorrow for the senior boys i would have thought.

Now to watch the reserves hopefuly they will do the club proud. after watching the reserve game on the weekend (BADGER will love this) i can honestly admit i think the coaching staff had dropped 3-4 players back for finals, the first time i couldnt justify certain players playing in the seconds or firsts. never the less it is done around the country, but goes against everything i believe in.

I will jump in early and say that i still reckon the kings will take the flag, RUL you wont like this but the kings on song have the abilty to beat uni the conditions might play apart (game to played at zilmere?) normally very windy although the big ground may suit uni running players!

Havent watched alot of 2s footy but uni look to be clear favourites only losing once all year, which is a compliment to the strength of their squad of 50 odd players across the season, could either play Robina , Kings or Alex in the GF.

Your right Steamer, I don't like that! But I've gotten the feeling now matter how many games we win or who we beat, no one will give us credit, especially after last year. But each to their own. We believe we can do it and that's all that matters at the moment.

What happened BOC? nearly had the 2nds game in the bag? only for alex to close it out with a couple of late goals.

Well done to robina seniors, was a good game to watch very attacking and free flowing.
Shame about the red and yellow cards awarded. thought i was watching touch footy for a second there lol.

yeah burgo and Murray have done well. cant really speak for murray, but i know burgo doesnt have much support up there in forward 50! and he attracts a crowd often competing against 3 backmen.

Well seasons over and MAD MONDAY tomorrow for the senior boys i would have thought.

Now to watch the reserves hopefuly they will do the club proud. after watching the reserve game on the weekend (BADGER will love this) i can honestly admit i think the coaching staff had dropped 3-4 players back for finals, the first time i couldnt justify certain players playing in the seconds or firsts. never the less it is done around the country, but goes against everything i believe in.

I will jump in early and say that i still reckon the kings will take the flag, RUL you wont like this but the kings on song have the abilty to beat uni the conditions might play apart (game to played at zilmere?) normally very windy although the big ground may suit uni running players!

Havent watched alot of 2s footy but uni look to be clear favourites only losing once all year, which is a compliment to the strength of their squad of 50 odd players across the season, could either play Robina , Kings or Alex in the GF.

Stanley - straight up we were f****king terrible - didnt deserve to win - shouldnt be able to play 15 mins of footy and win games at this time of the year. Personally disappointed as well as couldnt get a kick out of an electric chair on saturday.
Time will tell whether or not those blokes who played 2's have been qualified or whether they were "dropped" to secure the double chance - either way we cant do anything about it and will have to do it the hard way from 5th.

Moro - insert weekly rant about umpires - can you find out for me if the bloke with the hat has a daughter that i have done wrong by - definately not a fan of mine hahaha

RUL - looks like a good tough game your boys got the points in. Should be a great finals series in both grades.

So if you refer to my earlier post where I predicted the following guys would be qualified:

A.Heide
C.Baird
D.Robinson
L.McGuire
M.Grainger
M.Merlehan
M.Fallon
T.Henwood
Z.Samuels

I got it spot on. All these guys have qualified. 5 of them were qualified this weekend! The others played ones, presumably because they'd already qualified for the twos. Hilarious.

My only question is - How are you going to qualify Jake Evans who has played 7 seniors games and 4 reserves games. Seems to have been an oversight. Perhaps some clever backdating of the old team sheets?

Can't believe how above board Robina have been. They haven't done anything dodgy. Hats off to you lot.

Badger - as has been said before we have confidence in the group to get the job done - only team to beat Uni so far this year but will do it the hard way starting with aspley this week.

Alex may have qaulified blokes but an unconvincing win against us after being beaten by yeronga who finished 3rd last doesnt really have them screaming outright favourites in my book.

Fingers crossed with only 2 games in div 1 this week the other senior umpires are then appointed the reserves finals - however that said we could get the blokes that umpired the saints pies game on sat night and there would be a mutany if that decision cost us a game!

Stanley - straight up we were f****king terrible - didnt deserve to win - shouldnt be able to play 15 mins of footy and win games at this time of the year. Personally disappointed as well as couldnt get a kick out of an electric chair on saturday.
Time will tell whether or not those blokes who played 2's have been qualified or whether they were "dropped" to secure the double chance - either way we cant do anything about it and will have to do it the hard way from 5th.

Moro - insert weekly rant about umpires - can you find out for me if the bloke with the hat has a daughter that i have done wrong by - definately not a fan of mine hahaha
RUL - looks like a good tough game your boys got the points in. Should be a great finals series in both grades.
BOC - can't confirm or deny as I don't know either umpire, they are GC based but hey if the cap fits:)
You will only see umpires in finals who have been umpiring in these divisions all year, (no NEAFL Umps coming down) umpires too have to qualify to finals. You may see a familiar face on Saturday at Aspley. Good luck to you boys and everyone else playing finals

BOC- i can honestly tell you that we didnt drop any players back into the 2's just for the robina game to ensure a second chance. all players that had been dropped back had previously played seniors. Your defs right about alex not being favourites when they are on their ON! but the gap between their best and worst is massive.

Badger i knew you would love my post, you still seem abit red mate?? how the boys up the highway going? premiership celebrations already underway i bet? also i would like to mention that these players that have just been qualifed, havent played seniors the entrie year. Since your the stats man you can tell me how many senior games these blokes have played in 2012

i will have a guess and say :

A.Heide - maybe 5 or 6?
C.Baird 5ish
D.Robinson 1 on the weekend. (go figure that one badger)
L.McGuire 4ish
M.Grainger have seen him in the seniors all year.
M.Merlehan might have played his first on the weekend
M.Fallon maybe 2-3
T.Henwood 3-4
Z.Samuels 5- 6 games

So its not like that are front line A graders that star in the ones and are being dropped back to win a flag. fair call???

Moro, when you say that they might see a familiar face, please tell me that isn't you. I thought you were out for the season? :confused:

I'm going to watch Kings vs Bears on the weekend. I've got some mates playing in the Kings side who I promised I'd get along and watch. They've been annoyed because I've only gone to a couple of their games this year. As a neutral observer, I'd expect them to get up over the bears fairly convincingly. The bears haven't really tested them all year and from the games I've seen, the bears haven't been able to match them physically.

I'd expect Wynnum to get pantsed by Aspley in the other game. As for the reserves, who really cares...it is reserves after all. haha. :)

Stanley all looks set for a another good game this weekend :)

King Me didnt look too convincing over the bears - Aspley ripped Wynnum a new a*sehole as expected and will start favourites against kenmore id expect.

Moro - Umpires in both grades did a good job - makes a massive difference having league goal and boundary!

Any thoughts on medal winners tonight?

How did Alex Hills get away with playing Jake Evans when he's played 7 seniors and only 4 reserves? What are the rules for if they're not enforced?

Boc- Yeah i mate i would like to think so. good to see you lads had a decent win. kick a couple yourself?
our lads were in it all day but lack of displine and tricky wind conditions didnt help either i believe.
either way think it will be a good game on saturday out at wynumm i think?? if so you lads might have a bit more support from the locals then our boys will hahahaha. hopefuly a tight contest awaits.

Badger - not sure how the jake evans thing works? i am not entirely sure of the laws anyway. but i am sure something would have been said by AFLQ or the umpires/officals on gameday anyway. if anyone knows the actual rules/laws on qualfication i would love to hear it. shouldnt you be still celebrating your DIV 4 North premiership?
or are your boys over thrashing teams by 100 points everyweek ??

Round up from the league medal- word round the club is umpires have know idea about votes and who is playing well..i cany comment specifc matchs as i didnt attend. Michael stewart from UQ won by a margin i believe. Not sure i know who is maybe RUL can inform us. Brad percy took out the coachs MVP award. and as most people would have figured out now. Nathan Burgess from Alex hills won the goalkicking. not bad for a team with 5 wins.

Boc- Yeah i mate i would like to think so. good to see you lads had a decent win. kick a couple yourself?
our lads were in it all day but lack of displine and tricky wind conditions didnt help either i believe.
either way think it will be a good game on saturday out at wynumm i think?? if so you lads might have a bit more support from the locals then our boys will hahahaha. hopefuly a tight contest awaits.

Badger - not sure how the jake evans thing works? i am not entirely sure of the laws anyway. but i am sure something would have been said by AFLQ or the umpires/officals on gameday anyway. if anyone knows the actual rules/laws on qualfication i would love to hear it. shouldnt you be still celebrating your DIV 4 North premiership?
or are your boys over thrashing teams by 100 points everyweek ??

Round up from the league medal- word round the club is umpires have know idea about votes and who is playing well..i cany comment specifc matchs as i didnt attend. Michael stewart from UQ won by a margin i believe. Not sure i know who is maybe RUL can inform us. Brad percy took out the coachs MVP award. and as most people would have figured out now. Nathan Burgess from Alex hills won the goalkicking. not bad for a team with 5 wins.

Stanley - yeah we are really looking forward to tomorrow - Alex have beaten us both times by not much and we dont feel like we have played our style of footy either game - looking forward to the bigger ground of Wynnum which seems to suit our runners. Be interesting with a warm day, bigger ground and time on to see how some of the bigger bodied Alex boys go!

Not one to bash umpires (insert sarcasm here) but a few games left us bewildered. 1 game we beat Kedron by 187 points and there players filled the 2 and 1 votes. I believe Stewart previously played with Frankston - RUL is that right?

King Me - dissapointed you havent been taunting RUL with a bit of choking banter this week - expected more from you!!

Uni and Aspley in the seniors - Uni and us hopefully in the 2s.

Stanley - yeah we are really looking forward to tomorrow - Alex have beaten us both times by not much and we dont feel like we have played our style of footy either game - looking forward to the bigger ground of Wynnum which seems to suit our runners. Be interesting with a warm day, bigger ground and time on to see how some of the bigger bodied Alex boys go!

Not one to bash umpires (insert sarcasm here) but a few games left us bewildered. 1 game we beat Kedron by 187 points and there players filled the 2 and 1 votes. I believe Stewart previously played with Frankston - RUL is that right?

King Me - dissapointed you havent been taunting RUL with a bit of choking banter this week - expected more from you!!

Uni and Aspley in the seniors - Uni and us hopefully in the 2s.

aspley to knock off the kings????
thats a very bold statement from the current coleman medalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game last week against the Kenmore boys. From a neutral perspective, I'd say that we were lucky to get out of that with the win. Not saying we weren't the better team (we were) but the game was so low scoring that it could have gone either way at the end. In saying that we lead at every change and managed to stop their big men pretty well.

This week should be interesting. I'm heading over to UQ to watch that game. They're playing the Kings so it should be a real cracker. UQ have had the better of us this season, but we know what happens over in St Lucia when they look up at their calendars and see that the month of September is approaching. Hopefully for their sake, they've taught their trainers how to perform the Heimlich manouvre this year as they'll probably need it again!! haha.

We learnt a lot from the last time we played them so I'm expecting the Kings to get up in a very tight one. From an objective viewpoint though, I just wanna see a good game played in the right spirit.

Aspley and Kenmore should be very interesting. Why is it being played in Wynnum? This won't suit the bears who have earned the right to play Aspley in a home final. I take it that their oval at Chelmer was deemed unfit for finals footy. Fair enough, but their home ground advantage has been well and truly taken away playing it at Wynnum. On this basis and this basis alone, I'm tipping Aspley in a nail biter. Shame really, as I would like to see a UQ vs Kenmore preliminary final. hahaha.

Good luck to all teams involved.

Great game last week against the Kenmore boys. From a neutral perspective, I'd say that we were lucky to get out of that with the win. Not saying we weren't the better team (we were) but the game was so low scoring that it could have gone either way at the end. In saying that we lead at every change and managed to stop their big men pretty well.

This week should be interesting. I'm heading over to UQ to watch that game. They're playing the Kings so it should be a real cracker. UQ have had the better of us this season, but we know what happens over in St Lucia when they look up at their calendars and see that the month of September is approaching. Hopefully for their sake, they've taught their trainers how to perform the Heimlich manouvre this year as they'll probably need it again!! haha.

We learnt a lot from the last time we played them so I'm expecting the Kings to get up in a very tight one. From an objective viewpoint though, I just wanna see a good game played in the right spirit.

Aspley and Kenmore should be very interesting. Why is it being played in Wynnum? This won't suit the bears who have earned the right to play Aspley in a home final. I take it that their oval at Chelmer was deemed unfit for finals footy. Fair enough, but their home ground advantage has been well and truly taken away playing it at Wynnum. On this basis and this basis alone, I'm tipping Aspley in a nail biter. Shame really, as I would like to see a UQ vs Kenmore preliminary final. hahaha.

Good luck to all teams involved.

Matches against the Kings are always good quality football games. After seeing a few of their blokes go down in Round 18, I thought they would be ripe for the taking against the Bears, but to their credit earned a very good win, showing they are just as dangerous and potent. Bears still could be a major dark horse this finals series.

Then again, I still haven't recieved thanks from the Kings for giving them the Grand Final video from last year. This makes me sad :(

As far as the insinuating we are chokers, yeah yeah. That is really original ;)

You seem like good value King Me. Best of tomorrow mate. If you can figure who I am, there is a beer in it for you.

Full credit to the Kings on their win today. They played outstanding footy in both ones and twos, wind conditions them possibly costing them a healthy lead in the 2nds before UQ Ressies took the game in the 4th.

Think this loss will be good for the lads as well. I'd expect a few posters here will be looking to rub it in a bit. Let keyboard warriors be keyboard warriors, live and let live. It was a shithouse performance in how it effects our performance, if today isn't a wake up call to a few lads, then next week will give them all the reason to sharpen up. In my opinion, I don't think UQ have played their best footy for a while, taking nothing away from teams like the Kings, Wynnum or Kenmore who were our last opponents.

Pumped that 2 of our teams are into Grand Finals, hoping that the seniors can rediscover their potency that has been so powerful.

Live and learn.

I was at the Kings vs. Uni game on the weekend and can report that the Kings had about a two goal win. I got the impression that Uni didn't really come to play and the Kings made them pay for that. It seems that the Kings have the wood on Uni at this time of the year.

The preliminary final between Uni and the Bears on the weekend should be very hotly contested. From a neutral perspective, I'd say that the Kings would prefer to play Uni, given that Uni seems to go to water during finals footy. The ability to convert was the only thing that separated us and the Bears last time. My guess would be that the Kings would be hoping for a Uni win.

Why is the game being played at Wynnum? Surely it should be at Uni or another venue nearby.

RUL - good to see u on the front foot early!!! Take this forum with the grain of salt its meant - of course the choker tag is going to come out - if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

At least your boys get a chance to redeem themselves this week. I thought Aspley would have had the bears measure, particularly after the bears kicked with the breeze the first quarter, but by the time we left they were 4 goals up and appears that margin was held throughout the day.

Stanley did u catch any of the 2's game?

Looking forward to having a crack at the Kings in the 2's again - 1 all in meetings this year. should be a good game.

King Me - Not sure why it is at Wynnum - possibly the infrastructure of the ground means it is better set up for a final.

BOC - Yeah, I learned a long time ago not to get the keyboard warriors here get to me. They still do from time to time. But in the end, they are fairly gutless ones, especially those who tend to be abusive. Fortunately, Division 2 tends to be a bit more civil. That said, I've probarbly dished it out a few lines in the past but hey, gotto change sometime :)

I could say some things about some things about Kings defenders tactics against our KPP's which I wasn't happy with, but I rather not sink that low. In the end of the day, the King's were more disciplined, their skills were sharper, and they cleared the ball quicker. Mind you we had the lead there late in the game, before they struck back, so they aren't all powerfu and mighty, just as we aren't all powerful and mighty. Never boasted we were, and considering how many people here didn't want to give us credit throughout the year, I will laugh if people want to say we're chokers. Can't fail to give us credit and then rub our nose in defeat, which I don't anticipate. The King's admin and playing group are fairly humble blokes.

Sadly won't be here come Saturday for the Prelim, so I hope the Sudden death environment acts as a kick in the arse for a few players from Saturday. Got a family committment down in Geelong which also involves a trip to Kardinia Park.

BOC - If you make it up for Grand Final day, shout you a few beers. Still hope it ain't UQ VS Robina in the Ressies though ;) If it is, UQ wins, you buy me a beer, if you guys win, I'll shout you two :p

RUL I do have one question for you. your club seems to be very strong in div 2 in both grades, but in the div 3 ones the uni lions struggled finishing 2nd last (with two wins) and yet your div 3 twos team finished on top of the ladder (with only 4 losses). care to explain??

RUL I do have one question for you. your club seems to be very strong in div 2 in both grades, but in the div 3 ones the uni lions struggled finishing 2nd last (with two wins) and yet your div 3 twos team finished on top of the ladder (with only 4 losses). care to explain??

It is a fairly sensitive issue because it brings out the worse in some members here on the forum. The best bloke to message is Oldman48 who is able to probarbly explain it better.

To keep it simple, our Div 3 squad are regarded as our 3rds and 4th grade squads and thus are up against some very stuff competition, most notably our 3rds who play senior grade squads

well that brings
It is a fairly sensitive issue because it brings out the worse in some members here on the forum. The best bloke to message is Oldman48 who is able to probarbly explain it better.

To keep it simple, our Div 3 squad are regarded as our 3rds and 4th grade squads and thus are up against some very stuff competition, most notably our 3rds who play senior grade squads
before i go on i wasnt having a go at your footy club i was just interested after seeing the results on the AFLQ website.
so in saying that it brings up another question.
Would you rather win a ressies flag in div 2 or a seniors flag in div 3???
ohhh and my tip is kenmore to pull two massive upsets in the next 2 weeks (only because i have a few mates playing for the bears my real tip would be UQ)
and go robina in the magoos

well that brings

before i go on i wasnt having a go at your footy club i was just interested after seeing the results on the AFLQ website.
so in saying that it brings up another question.
Would you rather win a ressies flag in div 2 or a seniors flag in div 3??
ohhh and my tip is kenmore to pull two massive upsets in the next 2 weeks (only because i have a few mates playing for the bears my real tip would be UQ)
and go robina in the magoos

All good mate. I'm just very cautious about discussing anything about my club.

Very tough call with what I would rather want. The 2's have obviously given me personal joy over the last 2 seasons having playing a very small part in their success last year. The 3rrds are also important to me, because I was a player, all my footy was in that division (although I was usually Centre Half Bench in the 4's :p )

I don't think I can give you an answer. I think if I say a Div 2 reserves flag, it might suggest I think that is more important than a Div 3 senior flag, which might be seen disrespectful to that competition. If I say a Div 3 flag, than it takes away what the boys in the 2 have achieved over the last two years.

In the end of the day, I just love me club and footy and would bleed for any of these boys, even though I don't have a role on the field.

BOC- well done and congrates on a great win. you lads seemed to play well as a team. wish you fellas all the best for next weekend as well. cooparoo will be a very even game i imagine. conisdering alex beat them twice in the regular season. and BOC if you are #11 running around in the forward line (i suspect its you cos hes a solid bloke) well played you had it on a string and was great to watch hahahaha. i think its great that both alex and robina also had a fair amount of support from their respective senior sides.

RUL- chokers ganna choke.....:eek:... haha kidding mate. still your boys havent donme anything to shrug that tag yet. i still think the bigger stronger bodies and the exp of blokes like morrison , dosser , ryan ,gibson are going to be hard to beat in a couple of weeks time. but hey prove me wrong and i will be the first one here. with egg on my face.

RUL- chokers ganna choke.....:eek:... haha kidding mate. still your boys havent donme anything to shrug that tag yet. i still think the bigger stronger bodies and the exp of blokes like morrison , dosser , ryan ,gibson are going to be hard to beat in a couple of weeks time. but hey prove me wrong and i will be the first one here. with egg on my face.

Mate, no doubt we will go in again as the underdogs. The challenge is before them now. The weight of expectation shouldn't be there because no one gave us a chance last year, this year or now that we have lost, NOW.

The real difference on Saturday from my perspective was the ball on Saturday. Our passes and kicks didn't stick, and the Kings midfield around the stoppages were beautiful. Everything just stuck for them in the stoppages. Can't deny that.

We stopped them and beat them twice this year, so they are beatable. There is no such thing as perfection or all-powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back