2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like UQ now have definitive data on how much gas it takes to choke 22 footballers :)

Great atmosphere with a big crowd, memo to AFLQ, never subject the people to that sh1th0le that is Zillmere again. People have voted with their feet.

Pretty good effort by Mt Gravatt's twos to take out the flag. Super game by Cowan, each time UQ threatened in the last he stepped up, Carey like in picking his moments with big bombs from around 50. Well deserved medal, actually earned his kicks instead of falling over every time he was touched like Old man Morrison.

Card situation was a disgrace. How players can get red carded in GF's when the 'hit' players are able to play on totally unaffected is a joke.

Anyone know if these two teams are in line for Pineapple Cup promotion?

Fun Fact: More ex Morningside players than Mt Gravatt.

Old man Morrison bagged 4 goals in each of the finals. Hard to spray him, sure any team wouldn't complain having him in the square. Was the difference, Stewart struggled with him.

Apparently both teams have been approached about possible promotion, would think it would come out over the next fortnight or so. Can't see it happening though cause to be honest, the pineapple cup is a terrible setup - Noosa, Maroochy, Palm Beach, Burleigh, Surfers, Coolangatta thrown in with Mayne, Sandgate, Grange, Magpies and Springwood - Surely travel would get annoying - needs to be re-shuffled before anyone would even be interested in being in the competition.

Any news around of Club B&F's?
Kings won by Chris Frangos - knocked off Jack Lake by 1 vote.

With trade week on......can anyone from any club moot some potential trades within the league...player(s) for players(s)....possibly cash.....no draft picks obviously

With trade week on......can anyone from any club moot some potential trades within the league...player(s) for players(s)....possibly cash.....no draft picks obviously
hearing news out of coorparoo that players are shifting to aspley state league?? coach and a number of players heading accross....

To the NEAFL side?

First or 2nd time poster here. Long time reader. Great effort by the so called Mt Gravatt reserves (Coorparoo Kings) this year. Everyone had written them off, but as they say the cream rises to the top. Don't get me wrong UQ and other finalists this year weren't far off the mark neither. Kenmore let the Kings off the hook in the first final. UQ never put Coorparoo away in the grand final and with the likes of Minchev, Lake, Cowan, Morrison, Crawford, Dosser, Sugars, Hewson etc etc playing in the Kings side they were always going to give it a shake.
Congratulations to them and their whole footy club. Don't pay a cent to any players and continuously seem to be successful.
The rumors of an exodus, in my mind must be all rumors as i find it hard to believe that they would give up a culture like they have at Coorparoo to venture into a culture like Aspley. I find that hard to believe that this would happen.
As with all football clubs in this great game of ours Corparoo like most will have players retire, leave, go up or down a level and play with different clubs, but they will also get back some old faces from previous years and recruits will obviously come as they want to be a part of what that club has built.

I predict it to be an even stronger and even competition next year. With Kenmore's young group gaining valuable experience this year, Wynnum on the right track with the guys they attracted to their club this year, Robina giving everyone a run for their money compared to previous years, Alex Hills will once again improve and rumors are circling the are recruiting well. (We know how right the rumors are though don't we), UQ always seem to have a turn over of players but will be as strong as always.

As i mentioned i look forward to sitting back and watching it all unfold again next year. Good luck to you All.

First or 2nd time poster here. Long time reader. Great effort by the so called Mt Gravatt reserves (Coorparoo Kings) this year. Everyone had written them off, but as they say the cream rises to the top. Don't get me wrong UQ and other finalists this year weren't far off the mark neither. Kenmore let the Kings off the hook in the first final. UQ never put Coorparoo away in the grand final and with the likes of Minchev, Lake, Cowan, Morrison, Crawford, Dosser, Sugars, Hewson etc etc playing in the Kings side they were always going to give it a shake.
Congratulations to them and their whole footy club. Don't pay a cent to any players and continuously seem to be successful.
The rumors of an exodus, in my mind must be all rumors as i find it hard to believe that they would give up a culture like they have at T
The rumors of an exodus, in my mind must be all rumors as i find it hard to believe that they would give up a culture like they have at Coorparoo to venture into a culture like Aspley. I find that hard to believe that this would happen.
As with all football clubs in this great game of ours Corparoo like most will have players retire, leave, go up or down a level and play with different clubs, but they will also get back some old faces from previous years and recruits will obviously come as they want to be a part of what that club has built.

I predict it to be an even stronger and even competition next year. With Kenmore's young group gaining valuable experience this year, Wynnum on the right track with the guys they attracted to their club this year, Robina giving everyone a run for their money compared to previous years, Alex Hills will once again improve and rumors are circling the are recruiting well. (We know how right the rumors are though don't we), UQ always seem to have a turn over of players but will be as strong as always.

As i mentioned i look forward to sitting back and watching it all unfold again next year. Good luck to you All.

Time will tell there, very early days as yet (iro coorparoo).
Saw something on the Div 1 site saying Uni are in their comp next season? Is that confirmed? Who will come up from Div below or will Caloundra come back in?

Looks like a few challenges for the 2013 fixtures with the Lions drawn to play three Saturday afternoon games. Will be interesting to see how clubs accomodate this. Might need to be a bit innovative.

Also, Yeronga returns tonight with some pre-Christmas training sessions (from 6pm each Thursday, leading up to the holidays) at Cansdale Street, Yeronga. All new players welcome.

UQ have joined the Pineapple Cup. Pea hearts are gone with nothing to show for it.

Physical football and a bunch of blokes that are scared of their own shadows.

This will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UQ have joined the Pineapple Cup. Pea hearts are gone with nothing to show for it.

Physical football and a bunch of blokes that are scared of their own shadows.

This will be interesting.

Yeah, would of taking real guts just to stay where they are..........

Pretty good result all round. Think both Division 1 & 2 will be alot better with the additions.

Caloundra and nambour into this division. Not sure where both clubs think they are going to find another 10 odd quality footballers which will be required to compete at this level. All the SC clubs are struggling for quality due to lack of work keeping people here.

Both sides will be fine I reckon - Nambour's list this year would probably have had them mid ladder, Caloundra has some very good young fellas around. I just don't think there would be a massive difference in standard bn Div 2 and 3 anyway. It will be a good comp Div 2 next year I reckon. Play everyone once and then i imagine they will have the northern teams play each other twice and the southern teams the same.

Strange comment....the best team from the past two years has gone, the other best team didn't go up because they've lost too many players and four clubs from div 3 and 4 have been put up. This league has gone to the dogs. No way it will be stronger. Wouldn't be surprised to see a stack of players from the existing clubs looking elsewhere.
Crap post Ashley, and as usual misinformed, but Badger I would have thought the best team was the one that one both Grand Finals for those years. Coorparoo didn't see the point in going up a Grade as the expense required could not be justified. Are you aware of Salary Cap requirements, amount of extra travel?? I think you will find that players have not been lost to the extent you believe. Regular turnover with a number of players also returning. I think you will also find it is Redcliffe and Nambour moving up a Grade, not Caloundra. But I am prepared to be corrected on this.

Just heard they are putting up four teams from div 3 and 4. Seems like a real dilution of talent in this grade. Why on earth would they do it? Also the extra travel time for the Brisbane teams is ridiculous.

Funny to see UQ go up. They'll be missed in our division, but they've just guaranteed themselves another 20 years without a flag.

Just heard they are putting up four teams from div 3 and 4. Seems like a real dilution of talent in this grade. Why on earth would they do it? Also the extra travel time for the Brisbane teams is ridiculous.

Funny to see UQ go up. They'll be missed in our division, but they've just guaranteed themselves another 20 years without a flag.

It's unfortunate that we didn't pick one up over the last two seasons, but the only way for us to grow as a club is to take on the challenge of moving up. Hanging around in Div 2 just for the sake of trying to win a flag wouldn't have been the right choice.

It's unfortunate that we didn't pick one up over the last two seasons, but the only way for us to grow as a club is to take on the challenge of moving up. Hanging around in Div 2 just for the sake of trying to win a flag wouldn't have been the right choice.
Dont underestimate Caloundra...Russel Evans is Coaching. Rumours Travis Mills assistant and 3 players coming up from Albury Wadonga is on the Rumour File, plus players returning after some people have left the club...Also Caloundra has done up the Clubrooms amazingly since the fire. I would think they will have a crack in 2013

Caboolture and Caloundra heading up JS as well.
Thanks SMY, I stand corrected. I don't understand the logic though. The amount of travel for all teams is going to be huge. Why the league can't come up with a better system is amazing. There are enough teams in each region to have strong competions. Is Caloundra's jump up unprecedented? They were always a strong club, but what has changed in 12 months from when they nearly folded? When Caboolture were last in Div 2 they were getting beaten soundly every week, could they possibly have improved that much. I would really like just some insight in to how these decisions are made, and what rationale is used.

Dont underestimate Caloundra...Russel Evans is Coaching. Rumours Travis Mills assistant and 3 players coming up from Albury Wadonga is on the Rumour File, plus players returning after some people have left the club...Also Caloundra has done up the Clubrooms amazingly since the fire. I would think they will have a crack in 2013
Do you know the names of any of the players from Albury/Wodonga FP?

Thanks SMY, I stand corrected. I don't understand the logic though. The amount of travel for all teams is going to be huge. Why the league can't come up with a better system is amazing. There are enough teams in each region to have strong competions. Is Caloundra's jump up unprecedented? They were always a strong club, but what has changed in 12 months from when they nearly folded? When Caboolture were last in Div 2 they were getting beaten soundly every week, could they possibly have improved that much. I would really like just some insight in to how these decisions are made, and what rationale is used.

Well it's is going to be a lot less for clubs like Nambour, Caloundra, Redcliffe, Aspley, Caboolture I reckon JS. Not sure it is a Brisbane comp is it?? Like i said in an earlier post IMO the league will work towards a north and south comp anyway in due course.

Thats good news re Caloundra FP - like you said i would not underestimate them. Evans would have good contacts and I think they will retain alot of their better juniors too. They will be very good. It will be an excellent comp I reckon Div 2 (despite the travel JS!:)).

Couldn’t' agree more. It's gone from what was effectively a Brisbane competition with one trip to Robina a season, to trips to Robina, Nambour, Caboolture, Caloundra and Redcliffe. What a joke!

For what reason have they done this? They've promoted Caboolture who finished fourth, Nambour who finished third, Redcliffe who won it and Caloundra who won division 4. They're hardly teams bashing down the door to get into the division. And to make matters worse, they've let one of the two dominant clubs from 2012 leave the division. Surely there needs to be a rethink.

Buy a Prius Badge...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back