Position 2013 bargains

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff was injured in the second half of the season that's the reason Voss played him forward
but i'm not telling you who to pick but you will be sorry

I would think he was being played up forward because he is one of the best one on one marks in the game? :cool: And Brisbane lacked forward options?

Given the lack of quality back options, if he has a strong pre-season and gets a nice discount, would it be crazy to consider Nick Lower? Has a knack for laying tackles and finding the ball (averaged 97.7 from limited TOG in his 3 games this year) and seems like the sort of player who will thrive under Ross Lyon.

Jack Watts is another left-field option I'll consider if he's a back.

Do you guys think beams will lose his DPP status considering he was played predominantly midfield this year? He did kick 27 goals but he may have another role change given Ball will be back.. Speaking of, Ball might be a handy pickup if he gets a good discount. M4 or 5 depending on mid rookies.

Lee might be worth considering as he will be a bottom pricer and could slot straight into the St. Kilda forward line. Wellingham will also be a good pick up if he can land at the demons. Has suffered from being in a team with a strong midfield. His scoring potential will increase with more midfield time.

Moloney will be priced at a 60 average....new club, could be keeper considering what he has shown in recent years at the Dees!

With Luey back I think he will really go great guns. In 2010 he was had the number 1 clearance combination in the league with Jamar. I plan on having them both. Obviously its a long way off but next year will be the first season that the sub rule will be in place without an expansion team entering the comp... This means that a lot of first year players breaking into teams will struggle to score consistently well. Obviously there will be the one or two good gets but I think i'm more inclined for a mid price strategy next year. Probably only 2 max rookies for fwd and backs and 3 for mids. Rucks will be easily managed though as I think a lot more rucks will carry dual position.

Can't wait already.

What was the Q-sticks scoring like pre-Nic Nat?? I think he could really excel at the Pies. Clinton Young may be a really good pick up at the pies too if he gets there.. Will be largely used as a link man out of defence so i think his scoring potential is really good.

Only rookies that is really a good possibility of high game time is O'meara. Couch is interesting, but can see him being on the fringe with Adelaide being very strong in midfield.

Tom Murphy anyone? Should be priced at sub 250k with playing 4 games at an average of 57 :confused:... would be nailed on for 20+ games barring injury and midpricers look the way to go next season...

Could be the link out of defence with Harbrow, cheap 6's.

Not sure why people don't rate the initial list. Leuy, Hodge, LeCras, Morabito, Bock are all good picks at this stage without looking at their price. Will be cheap and are worthy of finishing the season.

Then you have guys like Sylvia who are on my never again list, but definitely show some good value.

Morabito is a no go zone for me.. Missed too much footy. Would have to prove himself over quite a few games. Lecras, Hodge and Luey are all good selections. There will be a large amount of under priced players this year and thats another reason to head for a mid pricer strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will still be priced unders for what he is capable and a reliable best 21 selection so IMO still a cash cow at very least

Sylvia I will have my eye on, maybe Moloney.
Hodge will be cheap, will put him in.
Ellis to expensive for a player not guaranteed a spot.

Will look at picking up a couple of young guns from North like Atley.

Why don't we have both :p

Could be a good option. ;) It depends on how pricey Jaeger and Crouch will be as MD picks.

Jaeger should have a complete pre-season though, so should be ready to fire and play most games in 2013. Looks like he's bulked up already, too!

Screen%20shot%202012-10-22%20at%201_47_11%20PM.png

Far right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back