Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for rd 3
Eltham by 7 points over hoes
The valley by 8 goals
Monash by a goal
SMS just
Therry by 20 goals, bannisters to kick 18 between them

Good luck to all, can't wait to disect a game this week!!

Dropped a couple last week when the locals failed to salute, and we have a local derby this week:

Emmaus St Leos vs Therry Penola
Old Eltham vs Ivanhoe
Old Paradians vs St Marys Salesian
South Melbourne vs Monash Gryphons
Yarra Valley vs St Johns

My tips for round 3 are:

Hoes over eltham by 5 points in an upset. Harris to take a hanger over Ciavola to kick the winning goal after Ciavola is switched to the midfield as a tag on Harris to try and curb his dominance.
Yarra valley over St Johns by 72 points
Monash over south by 4 goals
Parade over st Marys by 10 points
Therry over St Leos by 66
The Wamba, I'll have what you're smoking! Sab kicked 7! Seems like a whitewash at turtle park? Surely the 'Hoes' put up a struggle and the turtles only kicked away in the last, or are the shelled ones starting to hit their straps?
What hapened at Garvey oval? Did Parade choke or did SMS come home with a wet sail to fall across the line?

The Wamba, I'll have what you're smoking! Sab kicked 7! Seems like a whitewash at turtle park? Surely the 'Hoes' put up a struggle and the turtles only kicked away in the last, or are the shelled ones starting to hit their straps?
What hapened at Garvey oval? Did Parade choke or did SMS come home with a wet sail to fall across the line?
Sorry Lout I'll just put in selections next time especially for you as you obviously can't work out when someone is clearly taking the piss. Eltham the best side in it at this point.

Rumours that Emmaus St Leos are playing ones players in the twos so they can at least win one game a week?
Apparently they're planning on finishing about 8th in D2, by targeting the other bottom sides in Monash, Old Parade and South Melbourne, and hopefully qualifying some good players to play in a reserves finals campaign.
Chris Beluszar and the McGloin brothers played in the ressies yesterday.

Rumours that Emmaus St Leos are playing ones players in the twos so they can at least win one game a week?
Apparently they're planning on finishing about 8th in D2, by targeting the other bottom sides in Monash, Old Parade and South Melbourne, and hopefully qualifying some good players to play in a reserves finals campaign.

McGloins played 16 and 18 senior games each last year. Paul Mitchell also played 13 senior games last year

Ciavola with a big round! unstoppable. With a true full forward and goals being kicked by the runners who is going to beat Eltham in the finals.
I can't say id want Eltham going into the finals undefeated.

I am also gobb smacked by parade losing to SMS

Ciavola with a big round! unstoppable. With a true full forward and goals being kicked by the runners who is going to beat Eltham in the finals.

You mean the SMS that is equal top of the ladder with Eltham ? The undefeated SMS ? The game went right down to the wire and in the end they had just a little more run than us and polish in close. We were far from disgraced.

As I've said in previous years there are some flogs that get on big footy as posers and write rubbish on big footy to stir the pot, I have no doubt that you are not apart of the club. I've been thinking you are a poser for some time but this last post confirms it.

Big win by Eltham they are flying.

I hear that Yarra Valley had half of there side out due to a wedding. Is there any truth to this rumour???

Sorry Lout I'll just put in selections next time especially for you as you obviously can't work out when someone is clearly taking the piss. Eltham the best side in it at this point.
A little thin skinned aren't we Wamba, clearly YOU can't work out when someone is taking the piss??

Pretty scrappy game at Garvey with a sizeable breeze effecting the skills of both sides. Lots of contested footy and credit to parade who were quite unlucky not to go away with the 4 points.
Ressies at SMS are flying. That number 28 bloke who's name I can't pronounce/spell seems to be getting lots of the footy.

Eltham look a class above at the moment and therry quite dangerous with the brothers kicking plenty.
Should be a cracka between therry and parade this week!

PM

Big win by Eltham they are flying.

I hear that Yarra Valley had half of there side out due to a wedding. Is there any truth to this rumour???

I believe st johns might be a bit better than first thought, a lot of quality missing the early rounds and some terrific young blokes who are hard and skilled! If yarra did have a few players out that obviously has effected them!
Eltham do look the goods tho! Ciavola as clever and crafty as ever and a brilliant midfield they are looking dangerous already!
And what to do about those bannisters??? How good would it be to have those two in your side!!!
I also see the same old names played well at Garvey oval on the weekend, Gatehouse, jones, chipperfield and boundy!!!
I have not seen much of smd and Monash? Thoughts on them anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another thriller from the saints boys!
despite #10's short stature he came through with a good game and 2 important goals in tough conditions
Eltham bringing the heat once again, definitely the team to beat

What about Russell Robertson trying to get a clearance to Monbulk to play in the Anzac Day match but was denied by Monash, some massive rumors surrounding his 'status' and the clubs finances.

What about Russell Robertson trying to get a clearance to Monbulk to play in the Anzac Day match but was denied by Monash, some massive rumors surrounding his 'status' and the clubs finances.

No transfer request was lodged, so hard for Monash to deny the clearance.

Are you suggesting they are paying him?

Another great win by the Turtles on the weekend. They may drop a game or two, but I expect them to finish top. Early call I know, but I think most would agree.

My prediction for Ciavola to reach over 20 goals by round 3 was seen true.... Here's my next Ciavola prediction... I think he'll hit 50 goals by the conclusion of round 8.

Has Russell "Acoustic" Robertson got on the turf yet? Or has he just been serenading the lads after their losses?

SMS aren't dominating, but have improved on last year with number 10, an olive skinned chap in the midfield, and number 8 doing some damage.

Interesting comments about Emmaus hitting players behind play and focusing on the early game, 3-0 in the early game and 0-3 in the seniors. Wouldn't go potting them too much though lads or they might make you spend a night in their clubrooms.

PM

few sms boys talking themselves up by the looks of things. eg. #10

cant wait until they play a good side and cop a nice reality check.

Not so sure about this, we are a completely different side this season, with a couple of fantastic additions. We've shown we can close out tough contested matches that go down to the wire, whilst our midfield scores plenty of goals.

Wasn't happy with some of the Paradians last weekend, with a couple of very cheap hits behind play, one in particular from that 'boundy' bloke. Glad we got the 4 points is all I can say

Not so sure about this, we are a completely different side this season, with a couple of fantastic additions. We've shown we can close out tough contested matches that go down to the wire, whilst our midfield scores plenty of goals.

Wasn't happy with some of the Paradians last weekend, with a couple of very cheap hits behind play, one in particular from that 'boundy' bloke. Glad we got the 4 points is all I can say

I stand corrected. It's a long season though, don't wanna get ahead of yourselves SMS.

You're talking about Old Paradians aren't you ? And David Boundy ? Just checking to make sure you were at the same game I played in.

Really interesting comments... Do you have inside information? Do you know the club for what it stands for and its selection policies?? I'll take an educated guess and say, that you have no idea what your talking about. You should get your facts straight before you start making your uneducated comments on another club. Your not Damien Barrett, Craig Hutchinson or Caroline Wilson are you?

Having said that it was an uneducated statement, I like to teach and educate people, so I'll educate you as to why the likes of Chris were playing 2's on the weekend, so that next time you decide to make these comments, you have the correct information to back up your comments.

These players have had injuries over the pre season and the clubs policy is that these players will come back through the 2's to, 1. Prove they can get through 4 qtrs of football and 2. they can show a bit of form to warrant their selection in the 1's.

Now maybe this comment stems from a Therry 2's player who is not impressed that Emmaus had a good win in the 2's on the weekend over a side that has had the wood over Emmaus for years now.
Yes the 1's side has started off not the way the club planned, but injuries and unavailabilities to key players has been a small factor in this. But credit where credit is due, Therry's 1's are a good side and will be there abouts season end.

But let me assure you of 2 things. The crap that is written about the club is a disgrace and the club will get back to what it is all about and that is winning games of football!!!

I'd be very surprised if any player is coming on this board to blow their own horn. Obviously just a couple of blokes having a laugh and taking the urine out of other posters and teammates.

I know a lot of the boys aren't too happy with what's being written especially by a 'siddaj' posing as a certain SMS player.

SMS is a great club and I don't think people should judge too harshly based on a few peanuts having a gargle. For these reasons you probably won't hear much more of a peep from the SMS camp.

All the best for the rest of the year

PM out

Really interesting comments... Do you have inside information? Do you know the club for what it stands for and its selection policies?? I'll take an educated guess and say, that you have no idea what your talking about. You should get your facts straight before you start making your uneducated comments on another club. Your not Damien Barrett, Craig Hutchinson or Caroline Wilson are you?

Having said that it was an uneducated statement, I like to teach and educate people, so I'll educate you as to why the likes of Chris were playing 2's on the weekend, so that next time you decide to make these comments, you have the correct information to back up your comments.

These players have had injuries over the pre season and the clubs policy is that these players will come back through the 2's to, 1. Prove they can get through 4 qtrs of football and 2. they can show a bit of form to warrant their selection in the 1's.

Now maybe this comment stems from a Therry 2's player who is not impressed that Emmaus had a good win in the 2's on the weekend over a side that has had the wood over Emmaus for years now.
Yes the 1's side has started off not the way the club planned, but injuries and unavailabilities to key players has been a small factor in this. But credit where credit is due, Therry's 1's are a good side and will be there abouts season end.

But let me assure you of 2 things. The crap that is written about the club is a disgrace and the club will get back to what it is all about and that is winning games of football!!!

Well David, an educator???? Think you should wait more than 3 games at your new club before you announce the club culture/policies etc. As a newbie my advice would be to pull your head in and get some results!

Puff, Puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back