List Mgmt. 2013 draft and trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outside of Boyd which covers a KPF we need a ruck prodigy and perhaps pacy highly skilled wingmen. But I'm personally prepared to lose it all bar Boyd if we can fill our needs with experience. 2 or so experienced defenders from successful teams and a high quality outside mid eg Thomas/cooney.

Outside of Boyd which covers a KPF we need a ruck prodigy and perhaps pacy highly skilled wingmen. But I'm personally prepared to lose it all bar Boyd if we can fill our needs with experience. 2 or so experienced defenders from successful teams and a high quality outside mid eg Thomas/cooney.

How would a Boyd, Cameron and Patton forwardline work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton is now no guarantee of anything. In 2 seasons of football he has still only had 1 pre-season and barely half a season of playing. Next year when he returns he will still, for all intents and purposes, be a rookie and still a few seasons away from being a top-grade KPP (look at Witts, Reid, Hawkins for how hard it is to develop KPPs). Getting Franklin is smart just from a list perspective.

Get Nic Nat and a top defender and now we will be starting to play. :)

Interesting....

still a bit speculative at this stage. It seems more about Robbo's gut feeling than anything else.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/buddy-gws-bound/video-e6frf33l-1226648198245?subcat=1225916318050

Also the way we are marketing this match around Nic Nat really suggest that be it Franklin or making a play for Nic Nat the club has decided that we need to have that x-factor player that we can completely market ourselves around

I heard somewhere that you guys weren't all that interested in grabbing Boyd at the end of this year as you feel comfortable with the forward line you've got going forward, which has led to a bit of a discussion on our board about the possibility of trying to trade with you for the number one pick to nab him in front of the Doggies. Some of the trades posted were frankly absurd both ways, but I'm curious to see whether or not that might be something that you guys think is realistic assuming your club truly isn't interested in Boyd? It might not be such a loss to go from 1 down to 5ish and a mature player if you're interest doesn't lie with picking up the one guy other clubs are hungry to get.

I heard somewhere that you guys weren't all that interested in grabbing Boyd at the end of this year as you feel comfortable with the forward line you've got going forward, which has led to a bit of a discussion on our board about the possibility of trying to trade with you for the number one pick to nab him in front of the Doggies. Some of the trades posted were frankly absurd both ways, but I'm curious to see whether or not that might be something that you guys think is realistic assuming your club truly isn't interested in Boyd? It might not be such a loss to go from 1 down to 5ish and a mature player if you're interest doesn't lie with picking up the one guy other clubs are hungry to get.

If we were to give up pick 1 then a quality player needs to come our way so would think given our need for a ruck we would look at McEvoy + a pick/player to get the deal done.

If we were to give up pick 1 then a quality player needs to come our way so would think given our need for a ruck we would look at McEvoy + a pick/player to get the deal done.

Ah okay, if you guys only need a ruck then I guess no deal is going to happen with the number 1 pick then.

Judd the best player at the time and already a premiership captain and brownlow medalist went for 3, 20 and Kennedy. Mcevoy isnt in his league and the top pick is undervaluing him? I think your undervaluing pick 1

Judd the best player at the time and already a premiership captain and brownlow medalist went for 3, 20 and Kennedy. Mcevoy isnt in his league and the top pick is undervaluing him? I think your undervaluing pick 1

Judd only went for that because he nominated a single club (Carlton) who, at the time, was generally acknowledged as getting him for unders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back