2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least we won't be trading pick 2 for the sake of trading pick 2. If the right player comes into the equation, we'll trade it. If that doesn't happen, we'll use the pick accordingly to get the best player available. Roos is no fool. We have to trust in his methods. He'll get his man (whomever that is) :)

Just a note that the crows will always push to gain aish

Melbourne would be best off trading pick 2 to crows now, Melbourne are in need of mid aged good talent how would you like Vince & Douglas for pick 2 .... or perhaps henderson, wright & Douglas ?

Melbourne would be best off trading pick 2 to crows now, Melbourne are in need of mid aged good talent how would you like Vince & Douglas for pick 2 .... or perhaps henderson, wright & Douglas ?

Lol. Piss off.

We'll be after Sloane or Crouch again next year - and well have another high draft pick and shizen loads of cash..

Best you cough them up now.

you also pushed to gain mckenzie, that worked out well,

also adelaide is one of the last clubs to make demands, just laughable, we have quite a few boys from sa on the list, really not an issue, the stuff some people spout is just funny sometimes

Then you don't get Aish.

Also, can't help but feel James Tsitas is going to go pretty high from a lesser talked about player - just a great all round player mixed with top endurance.

Some bloke on the D&T Board reckons Paul Roos told Freeman that 'there is absolutely no reason we wouldn't pick you at #2' considering his physique and his testing results (as well as being a gun footballer).

For the record he tested 10th in the Beep and the 3km - 2nd in the 20m sprint, 1st in the repeat sprints.

I like that, he's pretty much the only top rated mid in the draft who has that mix of skill, strength and athleticism.

Some bloke on the D&T Board reckons Paul Roos told Freeman that 'there is absolutely no reason we wouldn't pick you at #2' considering his physique and his testing results (as well as being a gun footballer).

For the record he tested 10th in the Beep and the 3km - 2nd in the 20m sprint, 1st in the repeat sprints.

I like that, he's pretty much the only top rated mid in the draft who has that mix of skill, strength and athleticism.

From what I've read, it would be an absolute stretch to take Freeman at 2. By all reports he is an explosive mid but likely to have anywhere between 10-15 touches a game. A really dominate game for him is 20 touches.

Too much of a risk at 2, & if we are going to go with someone slightly out of the box it should be a contested ball winning beast in either Matt Crouch or Dom Sheed

I cant see us taking aish, if toumpas becomes the player he should then there is no need for aish

the best rated midfielder in the draft hardly ever becomes the best midfielder of that draft, most of the stars have come from between 3-12 because i think they arent as impressive in 'testing' they are just bloody good footballers

Look at Dangerfield, Swan, Fyfe, Mitchell, Selwood, Beams, Watson, etc they werent rated as highly as your murphys, gibbs, hodges, cotchins, deledios, etc.. but they are just as good if not better

anyway my point is if we want to pull the trigger on someone then go for it, thats the point of having the number 2 pick, we can get whoever WE want not who the media says is the best mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've read, it would be an absolute stretch to take Freeman at 2. By all reports he is an explosive mid but likely to have anywhere between 10-15 touches a game. A really dominate game for him is 20 touches.

Too much of a risk at 2, & if we are going to go with someone slightly out of the box it should be a contested ball winning beast in either Matt Crouch or Dom Sheed

But Matt Crouch can't kick, full stop.

For the season had 71 ineffective kicks and 59 effective kicks - that's a 45% efficiency... luckily he's pretty reliable by hand and tackles well.

Although he did average about 40 touches a game, so that's in his favour!

Dom Sheed isn't a ball winning beast either, he's just an all round good mid.

I will be surprised if we trade pick 2 because clubs do not want to give up quality. The only club that may deal is probably GC who are trying to alter the age profile of their list whilst still retaining a quality list. So Swallow may be a chance.

I will be surprised if we trade pick 2 because clubs do not want to give up quality. The only club that may deal is probably GC who are trying to alter the age profile of their list whilst still retaining a quality list. So Swallow may be a chance.
but what about the crap deals we have been offered? I WANT SOME OF THAT

I'm with Deefolt. 5 spud players and a fourth round draft pick = Pick 2 and Jack Viney, everybody knows that.
The AFL would likely VETO a deal so heavily weighted in favour of the Dees!! Most likely would also want us sign a declaration that we would never again have the temerity to apply for a PP!!

The AFL would likely VETO a deal so heavily weighted in favour of the Dees!! Most likely would also want us sign a declaration that we would never again have the temerity to apply for a PP!!
... temerity... what is with that word... second time in 2 days i have seen it... not one day before this... weird?

... temerity... what is with that word... second time in 2 days i have seen it... not one day before this... weird?

One of those things mate, always find it happening to me haha. It's like the word only just came into existence when you start noticing it.

Temertity:

te·mer·i·ty

/təˈmeritē/

Noun
Excessive confidence or boldness; audacity: "no one had the temerity to question his conclusions".

Synonyms
daring - rashness - audacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back