2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer Salem over Sheed personally.

I also think we should take Chris Cain from Port melbourne with pick 57 (possibly 40) and upgrade Magner with 94.

It will be interesting if they let the later picks be used on development players or we stick to the midfield depth mantra

I think it would be good to grab another Matt Jones and a Chris cain, and basically force our younger mids to be atleast on par with them to get a game

Prefer Salem over Sheed personally.

I also think we should take Chris Cain from Port melbourne with pick 57 (possibly 40) and upgrade Magner with 94.

I don't think Magner will be upgraded - can't see him playing without our current midfield group. Going off this year he would probably be behind Tyson, Trengove, Viney, Jones, Jones, Evans, Watts, Vince, Cross, Michie, Blease, Toumpas, McKenzie and Tapscott. And I can even see Bail, Taggert and Byrnes getting a game ahead of Magner. Think he's been made especially redundant because we've recruited Vince, Cross and Michie.

I'm really starting to hope we go Sheed. He's a footballers footballer and is another tough inside player. Assuming we'll be bottom 4 again next year and given the teams around us are looking for KPP, Knightmare's 2014 rankings show the best mid is a fast outside running player, also has Billy Stretch at 9 meaning we'll likely get him in the second round. Meaning we can really load up on outside pace next year.

Saw Jade Rawlings having a few quiet frothies with Bart McCullough (South Launceston Ruckman and formerly on Brisbanes list) Friday night. Make of that what you may.

I don't think Magner will be upgraded - can't see him playing without our current midfield group. Going off this year he would probably be behind Tyson, Trengove, Viney, Jones, Jones, Evans, Watts, Vince, Cross, Michie, Blease, Toumpas, McKenzie and Tapscott. And I can even see Bail, Taggert and Byrnes getting a game ahead of Magner. Think he's been made especially redundant because we've recruited Vince, Cross and Michie.
As an inside midfielder he would be competing with N.jones, Tyson, Trengove, Viney, Vince, Cross, Michie and Mckenzie for a game, the others you mentioned would playing different roles. I would think we take at least 6 of those guys into a game, along with Magner that give us 9 inside mids on our list, that would allow us 3 back ups for injuries and dropping players back who are out of form, it would also keep that group fighting for spots, I think there a spot for him on our list

his tac cup highlights remind me a bit of cale morton's.

I really want Sheed.
Hehe Eagles Fan asking the tough Q's, you do realize you just gave it to the eagles without realizing it right? Morton's crap, Acres reminds you of Morton which means Acres is probably crap so F You WC, we'll take sheed thankyou very much. Oh Eagles? Take this guy that's exactly like that other reject Morton. :p

Hehe Eagles Fan asking the tough Q's, you do realize you just gave it to the eagles without realizing it right? Morton's crap, Acres reminds you of Morton which means Acres is probably crap so F You WC, we'll take sheed thankyou very much. Oh Eagles? Take this guy that's exactly like that other reject Morton. :p

What?? I know Eagles want sheed, but our pick is better and I want him because passing on him would be the exact same mistake we made when passing wines last year. Just looking at Acres his highlights are reminiscent of how Morton played under 18's level, high marking, running off packs, silky kick, it's all there. Morton is a bench-warmer on West Coasts list, nothing more.

What?? I know Eagles want sheed, but our pick is better and I want him because passing on him would be the exact same mistake we made when passing wines last year. Just looking at Acres his highlights are reminiscent of how Morton played under 18's level, high marking, running off packs, silky kick, it's all there. Morton is a bench-warmer on West Coasts list, nothing more.
Absolutley no argument from me dude, I was more pointing out the fact that you were paying out on them, and that i found it funny. We hear nothing from WC fans until they either want to Bag the shit out of us, or want to try come to our board and somehow put us off a draftee even though we don't make the choices. It gives me a good chuckle when they do that - like they think that if we think Acres is better than Sheed, then perhaps that may have some sort of effect on the recruiters.

Meh, highlight packages are pretty deceiving in the U18s.

Acres is actually an inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't want to start a new thread about it, but interesting to see Gysberts was delisted from Norf today.. Another Cale Morton sized player bites the dust (for the time being).. You can generally tell which players aren't going to bulk up/put on size. Of those, you really need to be certain they have the skills that let them get away with being so skinny..

Glad it looks like we've changed course on that one as of late :)

Didn't want to start a new thread about it, but interesting to see Gysberts was delisted from Norf today.. Another Cale Morton sized player bites the dust (for the time being).. You can generally tell which players aren't going to bulk up/put on size. Of those, you really need to be certain they have the skills that let them get away with being so skinny..

Glad it looks like we've changed course on that one as of late :)

Yeah thought it was interesting as well. He always played pretty well for Werribee when I watched there games. A lot of talk about his poor attitude being one of the reasons. Disappointing as he could find the ball. You can see why it was a surprise selection at the time.

It's been said but no skinny kids unable to be developed physically

I'm glad we didn't keep pick 2 and follow the consensus as we have in the past

AFL: Draft numbers set to fall in shallow pool

THERE is set to be fewer than 50 players from the country's Under-18 competitions join the AFL via next month's draft.

Also, I thought the minimum 3 picks included rookie upgrades but going by this they must be live picks. Clisby upgrade not looking likely if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back