2013 Draft - Risers, Sliders, Shocks, Locks, Who?

Remove this Banner Ad

U Little Beauty

Debutant
Aug 12, 2009
Victoria
Which players will rise up the draft order?

Which players will slide down the draft order?

Which players will get overlooked?

Name a player who's name will get read out on draft day and the supporters reaction will be "who"?

Name a player that if available at a certain clubs pick, they will be almost a certainty to go to that club (eg Vlastuin last year)?

Who are your favorite players in the draft?

Which players do you think your club will select?

According to the Melbourne media, the 1 certainty is:

A) If Collingwood draft Bontempelli at 6 and West Coast draft Sheed at 11 = Derek Hine is a genius.

B) If Collingwood draft Sheed at 6 and West Coast draft Bontempelli at 11 = Derek Hine is a genius.

In reality, either could be Pendlebury or Rounds, Franklin or Thorpe, J.Riewold or D.Meyer

In reality, either could be Pendlebury or Rounds, Franklin or Thorpe, J.Riewold or D.Meyer

Since Hine tookover from Judkins in Dec 04' Hine has had 4 top 10 selections.

05' - 2 - Thomas, 5 - Pendlebury
06' - 8 - Reid, 10 - Brown

Closest selection to this in that time was Pick 11 - Sidebottom - 08'

It's even scarier if you look at Rendell's performance with Top 10 picks.

Which players will rise up the draft order? Jarman Impey, think he will go top 20

Which players will slide down the draft order? Billy Hartung. Don't even think he will go top 15 in all honesty.

Which players will get overlooked? I would say Garlett but Essendon are so keen to add young players and with their terrible picks will bick him up with either their second or third pick

Name a player who's name will get read out on draft day and the supporters reaction will be "who"? Jack Leslie, ruckman who I think could be very good at AFL level in a few years

Name a player that if available at a certain clubs pick, they will be almost a certainty to go to that club (eg Vlastuin last year)? IF Tsitas is available at the Hawks' first pick, I think we will take him.

Who are your favorite players in the draft? Other than the obvious, I like Impey, Leslie, Tsitas, Dunstan, Gardiner

Which players do you think your club will select? If still available then Tsitas with our first pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bontempelli - riser. GWS will consider him at 2.
Kelly - riser. Will go either 2/3.
Freeman - riser. Will go at 9.
Aish - slider. Kelly, Billings & Sharenberg (GC) may rise above him.

Which players will rise up the draft order?
Blake Acres, will go top ten.
Kade Kolodjashnij and Marcus Bontempell will both go top six.

Which players will slide down the draft order?
Darcy Gardiner,

Which players will get overlooked?
Jared Jansen

Name a player who's name will get read out on draft day and the supporters reaction will be "who"?
Tom Hodgson

Name a player that if available at a certain clubs pick, they will be almost a certainty to go to that club (eg Vlastuin last year)?
Nathan Freeman @ 9
Dom Sheed @ 11

Who are your favorite players in the draft?
Dom Sheed

Which players do you think your club will select?
Dom Sheed, Pattrick Cripps,

I reckon Salem will be a riser. Every chance to go 10-15. I'd love the Saints to pick him up at 18 or 19 but that might not happen

Purely from the perspective of a Port Melbourne supporter i'd be shocked if Chris Cain didn't find a home in the AFL. Any club that needs an experienced mid that can find his own ball and uses it well should at least look at him. Won't go top 30 but between 30-50ish he is defiantly worth a punt

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Draft - Risers, Sliders, Shocks, Locks, Who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back