Game Day 2013 Elimination Final: Carlton v Richmond discussion/celebration!

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond players hitting the ground was met with the loudest noise I've ever heard at a footy ground. Perhaps the F111 lighting up the after-burners and standing on its tail pre-game at the 99 GF.
I remember Big Ivan's 2nd goal in the last qtr literally having the stands shaking.

After his goal in the last qtr was the most emotion I've seen Judd show on the ground.

I was there in the AFL members with my Tiggs supporter mate.

At half time when we were 26 points down, both of us were sitting there shaking our heads. I asked him "what's your problem"......his response "I've seen this movie way too many times, just wait until the 2nd half."

Anyhoo, I'll never forget that last goal - right in front of us - where Jeffy got out the back of the contest, grabbed the ball, and there was nothing except green grass and fresh air between him and the goalposts. Jeffy was my favorite player, so it's fair to say ol' Bamboo was going ape droppings :)

I was a another function and was only ever going to make it after half time. My brother and nephew (massive tiger supporters) were already there. Checked the score on my phone start of the third and almost didn’t go. Then I thought ah stuff it I’ll have a beer or two with my bro and see what happens.

Best! Game! Ever! Well that I was in attendance for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals I've been to, live, in my lifetime: 99 prelim, 2011 elimination, 2013 elimination.

Went to Essendon Grammar, class of 02 - the Monday at school after 99 was one of my greatest AFL experiences. Hatreds were seeded that day as the salty tears of young Essendon tragics flowed into the earth.

Picked a 12 goal margin the week before 2011, revised it to 10 goals when I arrived at the ground. Singing our theme song in the 3rd quarter an eternal highlight. More nourishing tears for the earth.

I am not a gambling man, never placed a bet even for Melbourne Cup. One of my best mates is a Tigers man, wanted to bet a slab on the game, loser buys. I asked at half time if the bet was still on, and took it when he said yes. Most passionate urging crowd I've ever seen. Tigers were louder - there were more of them. But we were primal that day. Judd's goal unleashed us. Saw JSOS a few years ago re-post his personal vid of the key moment - great viewing.

Finals I've been to, live, in my lifetime: 99 prelim, 2011 elimination, 2013 elimination.

Was there. Was there. Was there.

For 2013 EF, I booked tix and then Wifey's grandfather had the the temerity to turn 90 and have a party at lunchtime. I mean, how rude...

I was in charge of booking, so we ended up in a restaurant near the G in the earliest lunch booking .... What a coincidence ;)

Stayed as long as was polite (checking the score every 5 secs on my phone) and then rushed to the G.

Got there just after Reiwoldt goaled from a 50m penalty and we were down by about 5 goals. We kicked about 13 goals to 5 from the time I showed up.

Pretty sure I was the lucky charm that turned the match. You're all welcome :p

I get tired of people posting about Duigan without using his proper name.

It's Nick ****ing Duigan. Don't forget the middle part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2013 Elimination Final: Carlton v Richmond discussion/celebration!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back