Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Mello, all he got was a mention of him throwing up his Powerade. I think I remember him doing the same last year as well.
Aside from that, however, everyone seems to be training fairly nicely, which is great.

Barlow won the time trial, followed by Crowley and Tanner Smith.

Excellent news all around.

How good will it be if Micky B can be as good as 2010. With Mundy and Fyfe in the middle. I have concerns about our ruck. Sandi is getting a few injuries and I will be surprised to see him get through 2013 unscathed.

Poor Mello, all he got was a mention of him throwing up his Powerade. I think I remember him doing the same last year as well.

I love the fact he is pushing himself hard.

How good will it be if Micky B can be as good as 2010. With Mundy and Fyfe in the middle. I have concerns about our ruck. Sandi is getting a few injuries and I will be surprised to see him get through 2013 unscathed.

I am not concerned about our rucks. If Sandi goes down then J Griff comes in and dominates. I am also really excited about our mids, if we can go in to the start of the season with Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe fit then I will be one very happy Freo supporter.

I'm excited about Stone and Kirky having a full preseason to further improve stoppage and clearance work - Sandi during his downtime came back a better clearance player with more deft tapwork. The base knowledge is there - now they can start teaching more tricks

Barlow won the time trial, followed by Crowley and Tanner Smith.

Excellent news all around.
They also trained at Freo this morning in light rain and looked quite comfortable in the cooler conditions.
Ballantyne trains like he plays( 100 kph ) and looks real sharp. I must admit i have not been a fan of Crichton in the past but he has looked pretty good in the last few sessions and i would hang on to him .
I thought Faulks and Forster looked a little sloppy with kicking and skills and also Pitt has a long way to go if he is going to make it in the afl. Sutcliffe is a very good mover , has great skills and reminds me of Menegola the way he glides across the field. Crozier has put on a heap of size and is looking great as well.
Neale is going to show every one how good is is going to be next year and i can not help but be impressed with him every time i watch him train and also he is one solid unit. During the match simulations of moving the ball from backline to forward line all the wafl players were stationed in the forward line with Zac Clark having a little stint in there every now and again as well. One last thing i should mention is Silvagni who looks like he has bulked up a fair bit , looks fit and is very vocal out on the track.

Good to see a St Pats boy doing well in the time trials, great stuff Tanner!!

Great stuff from Barlow too, very mentally strong man.

One last thing i should mention is Silvagni who looks like he has bulked up a fair bit , looks fit and is very vocal out on the track.

That's good to see, perhaps last year and in particular the game against Adelaide will be the spur that pushes Silvagni to where a lot here thought he was at the beginning of last year, combine that with RTB coaching and we a new player for this year ready-made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty impressive from Tanner Smith for a KPP to come 3rd in a time trial in his first week of AFL training.

I think he ran a 10:13 3km time trial at the draft camp, which put him in the elite category. Very impressive for a KPP.

That's good to see, perhaps last year and in particular the game against Adelaide will be the spur that pushes Silvagni to where a lot here thought he was at the beginning of last year, combine that with RTB coaching and we a new player for this year ready-made.

Let's hope so, he had an interesting year last year to say the least. The hype and overrating of him initially when he couldn't break into the side was reaching critical levels, then he finally gets games and everyone turns on him for being a massive spud.

I still like Alex and am interested to see what his role will be in 2013, I'd say he's probably a touch too slow to replace McPhee as a 3rd/running tall so maybe they'll finally how him forward for a string of games? Honestly don't think he'd be any less productive than what was gleaned out of Clarke/Bradley last year.

I'd be very surprised if Mengola took part. He's that much better than anyone else it's just not possible he wouldn't feature in the first few across the line. Mzungu didn't run either which takes a little gloss off the winners but not much. Very excited to hear of Barlow and Tanner doing so well. Smith will be very handy with that kind of endurance as he also has pace off the mark I believe. Combine that with a determined, competitive attitude and there is a sound basis for a good defender.

I might head down Friday morning. Do the boys have a decent run around then? What time-ish do they start?

And have we gotten any negative reports so far? I mean, I appreciate the blokes who scope it out, but I don't think I've heard one negative thing. We aren't Dockerland.

From what i can see on the facebook pics:

3km time trial was between:
Crowley, Barlow, Kepler, Mellington, Smith, Simpson, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, DeBoer, and maybe Duffy

Hill, Morabito, Griffin, Moller, Dawson and Pavlich were there but didn't compete.

At Freo oval can spot the following in pictures:

Silvagni, Crichton, Michie, Forster, Mzungu, Sutcliffe, Neale, Crozier, Faulks, Ballantyne, Ibbotson, Clarke, Schloithe, Suban, Menagola, D.Pearce, Sheridan

Not sighted in any of the pics: Spurr, Duffield, Johnson, Mayne, McPharlin, C.Pearce, J.Pitt, all of whom were pictured earlier in the week or last week.

I might head down Friday morning. Do the boys have a decent run around then? What time-ish do they start?

And have we gotten any negative reports so far? I mean, I appreciate the blokes who scope it out, but I don't think I've heard one negative thing. We aren't Dockerland.

Training starts at 9.30am this Friday

9.30 ish. the get together for BigFooty trainspotters organised by Seppo is on this week. Meet at The Salim Malik stand! See the thread on this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back