Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks :) unfortunately I only just woke up so I won't be contributing today sorry. Hopefully some of the other trainspotters made it.
You know this is the thing I think that worries me the most about a potential shift in training HQ. It' purely selfish but I LOVE the fact you can just walk into Freo Oval, sit on the fence and these elite athletes are running around in touching distance and sometimes you have to fetch a footy that's gone over the fence for a trainer. Have a yarn.
I have no doubt that part of any move will entail more privacy and separation for the players from the adoring masses. It's just the nature of things but I will miss it on a personal level. It's (rather like the WAFL) reminiscent of simpler times and a nice window into their world away from the professionalism of modern day AFL.

I concur although I want the state of the art training facilities for the Club. I will really miss the ability to bring the family (not that I have children yet) along and watch the players go through their paces.

In the time trial video Fyfe finished ahead of Tanner Smith.

Maybe started in different groups. Let all the elite endurance runners go last, with Fyfe maybe starting in the second to last group, so Tanner managed to catch up to Fyfe without passing him, that's the only explanation I have.

Maybe started in different groups. Let all the elite endurance runners go last, with Fyfe maybe starting in the second to last group, so Tanner managed to catch up to Fyfe without passing him, that's the only explanation I have.

I thought about that but usually the fitter players go first. And it looked like Crowley, Barlow and Smith were the first to go. Maybe Fyfe went at the same time.

I might head down Friday morning. Do the boys have a decent run around then? What time-ish do they start?

And have we gotten any negative reports so far? I mean, I appreciate the blokes who scope it out, but I don't think I've heard one negative thing. We aren't Dockerland.

Flying over from Adelaide, that's some dedication mate :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?! It's not a cool thing, it's just a vibe thing. And I actually thought he was referring to the pub meet-up when I replied with the age thing.

What vibe? It's a BF thread in a football stand, with faces, mouths and ears in lieu of avatars, keyboards and monitors.

If you don't want to meet with the BF crew, just say you don't want to meet with the BF crew. Don't blame it on the boogie (vibe).

I'm behaving a little reactive, mainly because I would love to attend, but am stuck at work.

If you were to briefly meet and greet the gang, SA, what's the worst thing that could happen?

Its not as if Memories is gonna turn up and steal your girlfriend.

Its not as if Memories is gonna turn up and steal your girlfriend.
God imagine that. Porsche pulls up, out gets Patrick Bateman in a $1500 suit. Dips sunnies looks over the assembled throng, nods at the good looking girl and points to the passenger seat of the Porsche. As he's getting back in the car you overhear "did you know I wrote a book?"

God imagine that. Porsche pulls up, out gets Patrick Bateman in a $1500 suit. Dips sunnies looks over the assembled throng, nods at the good looking girl and points to the passenger seat of the Porsche. As he's getting back in the car you overhear "did you know I wrote a book?"
or perhaps he challenges you to a duel. One basketball, full court one shot, he lands the basket, he lands SA's girl. Nothing but net, little did SA know, Mems hasn't missed a basket for years.

"I've got something for you...>8% fat. :cool: "

Now this is just going to be awkward if I rock up and spot a bunch of guys sitting together. I have no issue talking to any of you!

I'd be very surprised if Mengola took part. He's that much better than anyone else it's just not possible he wouldn't feature in the first few across the line. Mzungu didn't run either which takes a little gloss off the winners but not much. Very excited to hear of Barlow and Tanner doing so well. Smith will be very handy with that kind of endurance as he also has pace off the mark I believe. Combine that with a determined, competitive attitude and there is a sound basis for a good defender.

Or an even better basis for a reasonable CHF. Tall marking options with elite endurance will normally get to use that as a weapon more in the forward line than as a defender. Think N. Riewoldt, Pavlich in years gone by (better at FF now) and may others. Reckon the jury is still out on whether Tanner should be trained as a CHF or CHB.

i did pilates for a while. whilst rad, there are some very compromising positions, especially when you're squeezing that ring between your thighs.

Likewise did it for a few months and it really helped improve my core strength and reduce my back pain I was getting.

Certainly some interesting/compromising positions but also a high female:male ratio, for guys in the market it is some fertile ground... I am happily married so I lost interest after my back pain was fixed. Eye candy was nice though.

Now this is just going to be awkward if I rock up and spot a bunch of guys sitting together. I have no issue talking to any of you!

Here is my advice and I mean this in all sincerity. If you do see the guys from BF at training on Friday (sadly I have work) and you feel like saying hi, all good. If they end up making you feel awkward politely walk away. I'm sure they will be decent blokes as the guys from BF I met in Subi before a few pre-season games last season were all nice to have a chat and a beer with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back