Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

OK then....I'll say who I don't have and also say I'm quite confident I'll be right up there come rd 4 or 5.

I don't have Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Danger, Thompson or Deledio in my mids.

I don't have Goddard or Birchall or Broughton in my backs.

And I don't have Buddy, SJ, Chappy or Bartel in my forwards.

I do though have Maric, Heppell, Beams, Shuey, Mitchell and Hanley though, which is a bit different to most teams here.

Fingers crossed like everyone else of course.
Bahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahababahhagahahavah

Yeah mate come at me ill smash your pathetic side

I doubt Magner will have a defensive role this year when he's played. He's played just about every game, has been our highest possession gatherer in just about every one and hasn't had one defensive role. The shackles have been removed and he's been effective at the clearances.

That said, I hope he doesn't play as he's a turnover merchant.

Fair enough, you would know him better than I do.

But him being a turnover merchant may be why I thought he would play a defensive role :p

OK then....I'll say who I don't have and also say I'm quite confident I'll be right up there come rd 4 or 5.

I don't have Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Danger, Thompson or Deledio in my mids.

I do though have Maric, Heppell, Beams, Shuey, Mitchell and Hanley though, which is a bit different to most teams here.

What's your reasoning for picking Sam Mitchell but not a Pendlebury/Deledio priced player, and I wasn't aware that Broughton was a popular pick?

I think some of these moves will pay off, and you'll look like a genius. However, some probably won't, and that will bring you back down a peg. Kudos for picking a few uniques though. You won't get much further in DT by picking a BF Vanilla team. Might as well have some fun with it.

Bahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahababahhagahahavah

Yeah mate come at me ill smash your pathetic side

My bet is that you will be visiting the vent thread a few times during round 1.

I think some of these moves will pay off, and you'll look like a genius. However, some probably won't, and that will bring you back down a peg. Kudos for picking a few uniques though. You won't get much further in DT by picking a BF Vanilla team. Might as well have some fun with it.

My bet is that you will be visiting the vent thread a few times during round 1.
And what gives you that impression??

And what gives you that impression??

Round 1 always throws a few curve balls. Hyped players don't perform, inconspicuous types score well and people jump on them before the price rises. For example, if cotchin gets blanketed by carazzo in round 1, the vent thread will go into melt down. Getting off to a flyer could be vital, so i'm all for taking a couple of calculated risks, and going for a few from left field. Not many teams have Hanley, Mitchell, Maric, Beams, yet they are arguably no worse a pick than goddard, cotchin, cox, pendlebury. Getting the right mix could put you 200 clear of a BF vanilla team after round 1. If this happens, you will be venting, and the ones who took a risk or 2 with their original side, and didn't listen to the stock standard BF advice will be the ones 'bahahavabagh'-ing

I've changed my team so many times already, but I'm pretty happy with the end result. :) I'm still not sure whether to start with Swan though, reckon he will plummet in price sooner or later and I currently have less than 4 million in the bank...should I trade him out for George Horlin-Smith?

2eaqt5i.jpg

I've changed my team so many times already, but I'm pretty happy with the end result. :) I'm still not sure whether to start with Swan though, reckon he will plummet in price sooner or later and I currently have less than 4 million in the bank...should I trade him out for George Horlin-Smith?

2eaqt5i.jpg
Keystone agony likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Birchall Heppell Goodes Stevenson (Terlich,Colquhoun)
MID: Swan Ablett Pendles Dangerfield Rockcliff Whitfield Mitchell O'Meara (Crouch,Viney)
RUCK: Cox Burger (Currie,Witts)
FWD: Franklin Bartel Martin Karnezis Byrnes Patton (Macaffer, Neade)
$5,600 Left, Thoughts?

As there are more quality rookies in the midfield, possibly remove Neade from fwd and put Rockliff there and have another quality rookie in the mid area, Neade isn't likely to play that much IMO.... Would also have a think about Patton up forward, money could be better utilised, key position rookies can often take longer and not be great DT scorers...
Would also get rid of Byrnes as I think there are much better players for similar prices available with a higher potential...

What do you guys think of this team?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, pittard, goodes (stevenson, turlich)

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Cotchin, Pendlebury, mcveigh, wines, o'meara (crouch, viney)

Rucks: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Currie, McBean)

Fwds: Zorko, Cox, Franklin, Karnezis, stringer, macaffer (Neade, S Dwyer)

Mids and backs are set, mcveigh is there due to syds first two games against gws and gc will be traded out most likely for fyfe if he impresses or upgraded. Goldy is there providing he is named.

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Cotchin, Pendlebury, mcveigh, wines, o'meara (crouch, viney)

Mids and backs are set, mcveigh is there due to syds first two games against gws and gc will be traded out most likely for fyfe if he impresses or upgraded. Goldy is there providing he is named.

Looks good mate, only thing that stands out is that Stringer is injured and I think is out for round 1 and won't be back to round 4 or 5 I think mate but apart from that can have no real complaints

Stringers injured but look out for him after his first 4 games he'll do well. Currie and Neade i reckon will be good enough to play on the ground so id rack luey off and upgrade stringer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back