2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to be proved wrong, but being round 1 confident there will be an upset around the traps somewhere. Wynnum in the wet? Kenmore over the Yeronga dream team? Aspley off to a slow start? Caloundra in the coast derby? A draw at Rothwell? ....

Gah, wish Saturday would hurry up already.
Hows that upset from Wynumm looking? no good? haha Glad footy is back!

I was at a bit of a loose end on Saturday so I went out to Yeronga to watch them play the bears.Yeronga were pushed the whole way and I actually thought they were going to get done, but they ended up winning by about 4 goals. Kenmore were leading at half time and into the third quarter, so don't anyone pretend this was a walk-over.

The conditions didn't suit the Yeronga boys at all. They've obviously decided to play a high possession style of footy, which suits their older, bigger, slower, more experienced and more skilful side. It brought them unstuck a number of times and the younger, faster and fitter Kenmore side managed to move it well in the conditions on the rebound.

The bears were helped by at least 3 goals directly from 50m penalties so I'd say Yeronga need to work a bit on their discipline. I imagine a lot of it was caused by frustration that resulted from them realising they weren't the world-beaters they thought they would be in this division.

Got chatting to a couple of Kenmore boys on the hill. One of the blokes said they've lost 5 of their best players from last year including their 4 highest goal scorers, and haven't really replaced them. So Kenmore won't be playing the standard of footy they were last year. This leads me to wonder whether Yeronga are actually as good as they think they are. I realise the conditions were no good, but surely if Yeronga were going to be far and away the best side in the competition, they'd have done to Kenmore what Robina did to Wynnum.

I was at a bit of a loose end on Saturday so I went out to Yeronga to watch them play the bears.Yeronga were pushed the whole way and I actually thought they were going to get done, but they ended up winning by about 4 goals. Kenmore were leading at half time and into the third quarter, so don't anyone pretend this was a walk-over.

The conditions didn't suit the Yeronga boys at all. They've obviously decided to play a high possession style of footy, which suits their older, bigger, slower, more experienced and more skilful side. It brought them unstuck a number of times and the younger, faster and fitter Kenmore side managed to move it well in the conditions on the rebound.

The bears were helped by at least 3 goals directly from 50m penalties so I'd say Yeronga need to work a bit on their discipline. I imagine a lot of it was caused by frustration that resulted from them realising they weren't the world-beaters they thought they would be in this division.

Got chatting to a couple of Kenmore boys on the hill. One of the blokes said they've lost 5 of their best players from last year including their 4 highest goal scorers, and haven't really replaced them. So Kenmore won't be playing the standard of footy they were last year. This leads me to wonder whether Yeronga are actually as good as they think they are. I realise the conditions were no good, but surely if Yeronga were going to be far and away the best side in the competition, they'd have done to Kenmore what Robina did to Wynnum.

King Me, don't want to stand up for Yeronga, but it's only round 1. Don't read too much into the Robina Wynnum score. Robina showed that they will be a competitive side this year and will give teams a run for their money. The Story is Wynnum and how the season is only going to get tougher for them. At the moment the Vikings would struggle to knock over a quality div 3 team.

Kenmore to struggle with the loss of 5 of their best players? Wynnum Seniors have lost around 14-16 of their best players and almost half of their reserve grade from last year. Sadly the Vikings don't even have 44 players to choose from,it's more along the high 20's to low 30's. And they have to field 2 teams

The young Vikings will play hard and will give it their all, I imagine at the Vikings it's not about winning games this season. It's more about being consistent and competitive.

So where do I collect, child of the devil?

I don't recall u placing or agreeing to the proposal hobbit.. Show the post where u took the bet .. And also muggsy got the most golas between the 2 so if u put $100 on I owe u $10 ... Hoping for some sun this week so everyone can play some proper football . Instead just bomb it towards goal at all times . Good game review king... Don't stress everyone the devils will only get better each week... Hey king when do U play a make up game for the weekend??

King Me, don't want to stand up for Yeronga, but it's only round 1. Don't read too much into the Robina Wynnum score. Robina showed that they will be a competitive side this year and will give teams a run for their money. The Story is Wynnum and how the season is only going to get tougher for them. At the moment the Vikings would struggle to knock over a quality div 3 team.

Kenmore to struggle with the loss of 5 of their best players? Wynnum Seniors have lost around 14-16 of their best players and almost half of their reserve grade from last year. Sadly the Vikings don't even have 44 players to choose from,it's more along the high 20's to low 30's. And they have to field 2 teams

The young Vikings will play hard and will give it their all, I imagine at the Vikings it's not about winning games this season. It's more about being consistent and competitive.

U sound like a smart man sherrin..

hey Sherrin are you assocaited with Wynnum? if so can you ask them to log both match results on aflq?

my mate Chunk#5 is getting a little bit frustrated they arent up - he realises this week will be the only week he leads me and the comp in the goalkicking and wants to bask in the glory... sad really if you ask me hahahaa

Devil youve very much changed ur tune - one would almost be forgiven for thinking the arrogant "we are going to win the flag by 10000 goals" poster before the season was someone else...

hows that nice big piece of reality pie going down? hahaha

Welcome back footy!!!!

Didn't believe the rumors about Wynnum, my bad. Hopefully numbers can be found.
yeah hope they can find some players to make 2 full teams! Kudo's to the Jimboomba lads that helped them out in the 2's on the weekend so we could actually play a game of footy would have hate to travel that hour and a bit to be told the game was off!!

hey Sherrin are you assocaited with Wynnum? if so can you ask them to log both match results on aflq?

my mate Chunk#5 is getting a little bit frustrated they arent up - he realises this week will be the only week he leads me and the comp in the goalkicking and wants to bask in the glory... sad really if you ask me hahahaa

Devil youve very much changed ur tune - one would almost be forgiven for thinking the arrogant "we are going to win the flag by 10000 goals" poster before the season was someone else...

Welcome back footy!!!!
BOC turn it up pal! I did lead you for a bit of the season last year until injury and playing up or away in Melbourne quite a bit to watch footy so given those factors you would have wanted to win the goal kicking which you did!! hahaha

BOC turn it up pal! I did lead you for a bit of the season last year until injury and playing up or away in Melbourne quite a bit to watch footy so given those factors you would have wanted to win the goal kicking which you did!! hahaha

Ha - that and im clearly the better left footer in the family!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im off you - ur starting to sound like Devil....tough gig kicking goals from the goal line isnt it :rolleyes:

As a donut reserves player, 1 thing i have noticed is that its potentially going to be a long year for the 4 teams that came up from div 3 in the 2's as none of them finished top 3 in that div last year.

That said no doubt my mate Chunk#5 will look to make the most of my absence this week and help himself to a sizable bag against the cab boys...

im off you - ur starting to sound like Devil....tough gig kicking goals from the goal line isnt it :rolleyes:

As a donut reserves player, 1 thing i have noticed is that its potentially going to be a long year for the 4 teams that came up from div 3 in the 2's as none of them finished top 3 in that div last year.

That said no doubt my mate Chunk#5 will look to make the most of my absence this week and help himself to a sizable bag against the cab boys...
Yeah true very tough considering i kicked 2 from there i believe yours were 10 metres out..... yeah mate looking at the scores i'm not sure whether they were short numbers in those other games or they were just really hard to score in. I think you are right they could be in for a long year if the cattle isnt there! Ill be happy to kick a couple BOC! plenty of space down there when you have a week off ;)

Welcome back footy!!!!

Definetly no change of tune here boc . Rd1 and wet weather to say the least we are happy with the win . We are 1-0 nothing humbling about that mate and kenmore were quiet competitive which is a great sign for the competition ..

Devil - so do you still think you are premiership favourites after rnd 1?

In all seriousness Duke will be a good pick up - very handy at Noosa - is ur other man mountain still playing? he was seriously big.

SMY - nice little segway there to talk cross divisions - Maroochy seem to have really turned things around last 2 years which is a credit - some good wins against pbc and noosa albeit preseason would give the club a lot of confidence heading into the year.

Welcome back footy!!!!

Not at the moment :( but will still support the boys.

A better question is, Is there anyone still associated with Wynnum? It's a bit like, could the last person please turn off the lights.

Do you also want to revel Robina's percentage of 2,037.5% before Round 2? Can percentage go that high?

yeah BOC both teams got over the line.

ground was a complete mess , was really good morale boosting win, the boys hung into there right to the end , IMO our best was M.Eadie , Burgo , Templar and C Geoghagan

they did well in the last to hang on considering we could barely manage to hit the scoreboard in the last

bit of a sour note was one of the rielly brothers going down with a knee injury that crippled him last year .

now please refer to me previous post on page 1 about the umpires .......well today was a disgrace i really dont think these guys have ever pulled on a jumper let alone read the rule book

can only get better !!!
Stanley - not happy with the umpiring and i wasn't even there:)

Believe it or not but you got what you asked for. Your page 1 post said you hoped for div 1 standard umpiring and one of the umps in your game was a regular div 1 senior umpire last year and umpired the div 1 reserves GF meaning he was ranked in the top div 1 umpires last year.

I will be interested in your umpire review next time i get your boys;)

Not at the moment :( but will still support the boys.

A better question is, Is there anyone still associated with Wynnum? It's a bit like, could the last person please turn off the lights.

Do you also want to revel Robina's percentage of 2,037.5% before Round 2? Can percentage go that high?
Haha i cant remember both the final scores in our games both were over 100 point wins in the wet which is great considering the conditions for footy! Wynnum scored 1 point in the 2's and 8 points in the 1's.

Definetly no change of tune here boc . Rd1 and wet weather to say the least we are happy with the win . We are 1-0 nothing humbling about that mate and kenmore were quiet competitive which is a great sign for the competition ..
it will be a great year of footy for all invovled i reckon!

Devil - so do you still think you are premiership favourites after rnd 1?

In all seriousness Duke will be a good pick up - very handy at Noosa - is ur other man mountain still playing? he was seriously big.

SMY - nice little segway there to talk cross divisions - Maroochy seem to have really turned things around last 2 years which is a credit - some good wins against pbc and noosa albeit preseason would give the club a lot of confidence heading into the year.

Well boc we are on tied at the top of the ladder aren't we;)

Go devils

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back