2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

This forum is a crack up , kudos to the chunk brothers for having a laugh!

In regards to my boys from Alex I think we will go alright this weekend what you see on the training track and pre season is only probley Half of what we would like to see round 1 , in saying that Aspley are a always up for a good game and we will have to be at our best to beat them , I also think our forward is looking quiet tall this year with the likes of burgess ,girandi , Walter , Evans and the return of Templar from injury last season think we can give the comp a shake ,

Will be a close comp this year

We will know Saturday afternoon thats for sure!
very true, kenmore have been on the rise the last two rise, even though they lost plummer, they still have a quick and young side. Which is very similar to kedron, although now they do a few few older faces there.

Alex hills have also previously had the jump on aspley in the first round, unless aspley have made any big inclusions, i still don't think they are quite there yet. But also depends on how strong alex hills are this year i suppose.

For the benefit of debate should there be full disclosure of which team we are all affliated with or will we just continue to pot Devil's child for his outlandish pre season statements? :)

Chunk and I are obviously Robina, Devils is Yeronga, Stanley is Alex, King Me is nuetral but has mates that play at the Kings :)

Sweetie, Footy Ist and hobbit can I ask who you guys are part of?

Oh and we cant forget Moro representing the enemy :)

Thanks BOC i don't meaan to be the enemy ....... promise. But i'm sure i am to some

This forum is a crack up , kudos to the chunk brothers for having a laugh!

In regards to my boys from Alex I think we will go alright this weekend what you see on the training track and pre season is only probley Half of what we would like to see round 1 , in saying that Aspley are a always up for a good game and we will have to be at our best to beat them , I also think our forward is looking quiet tall this year with the likes of burgess ,girandi , Walter , Evans and the return of Templar from injury last season think we can give the comp a shake ,

Will be a close comp this year
haha! thats what it is about having a laugh i hope blokes dont take themselves too seriously in this forum we certainly dont! yeah will be a great comp shaping up nicely hopefully everyone has a ripper year and i think to improve on previous years blokes should stick around after the games and buy a beer from the opposition bars we all know how hard it is to get sponsorship etc so it would be good to see a few extra $$$ go over the bars after games of footy. Also understand it can be hard when travelling 1000 miles and wanting to get out there ASAP, but whats 2 minutes to grab a can of the finest beer and hit the road haha!

very true, kenmore have been on the rise the last two rise, even though they lost plummer, they still have a quick and young side. Which is very similar to kedron, although now they do a few few older faces there.

Alex hills have also previously had the jump on aspley in the first round, unless aspley have made any big inclusions, i still don't think they are quite there yet. But also depends on how strong alex hills are this year i suppose.

Wouldn't like to be a backmen for the bears this week .. But yes I do agree that div 2 formerly div1 is looking as strong as I've seen since I moved up here 6 years ago .. Hey boc and chunk is Murray having a run with u guys this year ?? Can play some good footy when his head is In the right place .

Stanley lets be honest we are all has beens who mentally think we are capable at performing at a level long surpassed by our physical abilities - if we cant take the piss out of ourselves who can we take the piss out of!

As for chunk#5 not taking footy seriously - keep a close eye on him if one of our boys ignores his lead... people think Jack Riewoldt has bad body language - woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Nah Muzz is out at Coomera this year - we think we have a couple of blokes who might be capable of kicking reasonable scores each week tho so dont worry about that!

Any comp that has 12 teams and 16 games is going to depend on how teams travel - particularly with teams having to travel as far and wide as the goldie and the sunny coast - but what would footy season be without a couple of quality boys weekends at either end of the coast!!

Chunk#5 you booked the accom for the june 22 caloundra weekend yet or what Pal?

Wouldn't like to be a backmen for the bears this week .. But yes I do agree that div 2 formerly div1 is looking as strong as I've seen since I moved up here 6 years ago .. Hey boc and chunk is Murray having a run with u guys this year ?? Can play some good footy when his head is In the right place .
Hey mate, na he is playing for Coomera Magpies as far a i know think he had a run there just on the weekend. yeah when his head is focused on the pill not a bad player the good thing for us this year is we have a few more better then him down forward so hopefully we get a good spread of goals and not rely to heavly on a 1 man forward line as we had done in the past

Stanley lets be honest we are all has beens who mentally think we are capable at performing at a level long surpassed by our physical abilities - if we cant take the piss out of ourselves who can we take the piss out of!

As for chunk#5 not taking footy seriously - keep a close eye on him if one of our boys ignores his lead... people think Jack Riewoldt has bad body language - woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Nah Muzz is out at Coomera this year - we think we have a couple of blokes who might be capable of kicking reasonable scores each week tho so dont worry about that!

Any comp that has 12 teams and 16 games is going to depend on how teams travel - particularly with teams having to travel as far and wide as the goldie and the sunny coast - but what would footy season be without a couple of quality boys weekends at either end of the coast!!

Wow coomera ..... Yeah nothing like a good footy weekend away I think we are all more excited about our footy trips more than the footy we haven't played yet !!!! Good luck against wynumm this week , although I don't think u will need it they are atroshus and u will turn them intoince meat .

yeah talk it up its only when i am in space and they decide to go to a 4 on 1 in the goal square PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Accom not officially booked yet but that doesnt mean a thing ill be there with bells on might check in on the Thursday night and check out the night life. Suppose i better not do what i did last time and keep the boys up till 5am because i was injured then we all got flogged haha

chunk you raise a good point there - if goalkicker is on the forum or reads this do you think a few of us could train with you boys on the thursday night? :)

Is the big fella from Caloundra still around - he wore a black mouthgaurd with the words "death" or something like that written on it - massive unit and threatened to knock me out 3 or 4 times that day... shared a few beers at the wharf afterwards and seemed like a decent bloke.

chunk you raise a good point there - if goalkicker is on the forum or reads this do you think a few of us could train with you boys on the thursday night? :)

Is the big fella from Caloundra still around - he wore a black mouthgaurd with the words "death" or something like that written on it - massive unit and threatened to knock me out 3 or 4 times that day... shared a few beers at the wharf afterwards and seemed like a decent bloke.

BOC - i think you'll find goalkicker on div 3 board as he is playing at pine rivers from what i have been told

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furthermore to my good pal Chunk#5 suggestion - could the other clubs in the comp take a leaf out of the bears and aspleys book and please provide us with onsite TAB facilities?
Couldn't agree more re: looking afterthe punters! And from ur question earlier, I'm affiliated with Redcliffe mate

Ah cheers Moro no dramas - guess well just have a bit of 3 man weave on the dance floor instead then chunk!!!

Footy 1st - pretty smick clubhouse and change rooms in the process at urs from what I hear! How r u guys looking this year? Recruited many? How do u think ur boys will handle the step up in both grades?

Ah cheers Moro no dramas - guess well just have a bit of 3 man weave on the dance floor instead then chunk!!!

Footy 1st - pretty smick clubhouse and change rooms in the process at urs from what I hear! How r u guys looking this year? Recruited many? How do u think ur boys will handle the step up in both grades?
Yeah it's been great being able to get a decent feed after training/games etc, but the changerooms project is proving quite disruptive. As for the step up, like all teams, if we can get our best 44 all available at once, we'll be quite competitive..very much concentrating on round 1 though. Personally I'm looking forward to re-visiting some of my favourite away venues in Wynnum & Yeronga etc

Yeah it's been great being able to get a decent feed after training/games etc, but the changerooms project is proving quite disruptive. As for the step up, like all teams, if we can get our best 44 all available at once, we'll be quite competitive..very much concentrating on round 1 though. Personally I'm looking forward to re-visiting some of my favourite away venues in Wynnum & Yeronga etc

Then I would suggest you won't be competitive bc thats NEVER going to happen! But then again noone else will either...

tbh Footy, in some respects your thinking is right imo though - at this level I have always been of the opinion that you are lucky to have more than 25 players capable of playing decent footy in the A grade - so your win/loss ratio is determined by how often you can keep your best players on the field. Reckon thee is nothing wrong with limiting game time for your best players when you have easier matches identified to the point where you roll the dice and occasionally not play them at all. Of course can't do this if you are mid to lower ladder bc every game is a battle but when the opportunity arises reckon its not dumb thinking if it means those blokes can get a bit more out of themselves later in the year.

tbh Footy, in some respects your thinking is right imo though - at this level I have always been of the opinion that you are lucky to have more than 25 players capable of playing decent footy in the A grade - so your win/loss ratio is determined by how often you can keep your best players on the field. Reckon thee is nothing wrong with limiting game time for your best players when you have easier matches identified to the point where you roll the dice and occasionally not play them at all. Of course can't do this if you are mid to lower ladder bc every game is a battle but when the opportunity arises reckon its not dumb thinking if it means those blokes can get a bit more out of themselves later in the year.
Yeah I agree with that thinking but as you said for the clear cut leaders, after the first 5 or so rounds. We had to do something similar last year for a few rounds prior to finals so we didn't take too many key players under fatigue into the business end. Workloads for individuals definitely need to be monitored but with all the weddings, work, injuries, family time etc on-field time management on game day can sometimes be the only option.

And that sort of stuff just means enforced absences which is all good. Doesn't matter what they are for. Reckon players need it occasionally (sometimes the byes help here in some divisions)

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back