2013 Sheffield Shield Final

Remove this Banner Ad

A bigfooty shield lesson... never tempt fate.

Sorry Painey! Still a great knock when it was desperately needed, really hoped he would get a ton though :(

Hopefully this gives him a booste for next season, still think he can be the best wicket keeper/ batsman in Aus.

I can't see a declaration happening, they will bat as much time is possible.

A duck and a failure to convert a half century.

Sounds about right.
Better than T20 player Wade. Knuckled down with Faulkner and took the game away from Queensland, something Wade could never do if he tried. No doubt if Wade was in that position he'd go slogging like Haddin. Paine also took some fine catches, Wade wishes he could do that.

Better than T20 player Wade. Knuckled down with Faulkner and took the game away from Queensland, something Wade could never do if he tried. No doubt if Wade was in that position he'd go slogging like Haddin. Paine also took some fine catches, Wade wishes he could do that.
Wade has more test centuries than Paine has FC centuries

I don't give a shit how many centuries Paine has.

Today he and Faulkner saved our arses big time.

That's all that matters to me at the moment.

I'm sure Tim Paine would have centuries against second rate attacks on flat tracks if he got the chance to play on flat tracks.

Paine has consistency. Thats what you want at #7. You want someone you can count on to dig in and make a reasonable score. Not someone who goes out there, throws the bat then wonders how he got out for 2.

paine does have consistency, a quick look at his recent scores in all forms of cricket indicates he's consistently very average.

Batted well today though
I hope you looked at context in the Aus A games if looking at his recent scores (all slogging late in the innings). also last 4 FC matches is averaging 51 according to what I see on the cricinfo site and had a fantastic T20 campaign.

His recent form actually flatters the rest of the year if anything.

I'm sure Tim Paine would have centuries against second rate attacks on flat tracks if he got the chance to play on flat tracks.

Paine has consistency. Thats what you want at #7. You want someone you can count on to dig in and make a reasonable score. Not someone who goes out there, throws the bat then wonders how he got out for 2.
Paine is a better keeper. No doubt about that. But the fact that you think he's a better bat is just ****ing stupid

Paine is a better keeper. No doubt about that. But the fact that you think he's a better bat is just ******* stupid
Not really. You only have to look at how inept Wade is on anything but a flat track versus what Paine has been doing for years on a moving deck.

Paines average in India - 45
Wades average in India - 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this post is laughable. Wade has saved our arses in a TEST match at least three times -
scoring a century after coming in at 5/157, which quickly turned into 7/169,
making our total respectable against SA on a seeming WACA deck, which incidentally, we were 6 for too few on
making a century to take us to the lead against SL
Only 1 of these innings could be considered anything close to a "flat" track. Anyway, continue about all Paine's great innings as a wicketkeeper, which include such stats as 0 centuries

this post is laughable. Wade has saved our arses in a TEST match at least three times -
making our total respectable against SA on a seeming WACA deck, which incidentally, we were 6 for too few on
Only 1 of these innings could be considered anything close to a "flat" track. Anyway, continue about all Paine's great innings as a wicketkeeper, which include such stats as 0 centuries
Will people stop posting bullshit?

The WACA deck was not seaming, the top order just played shit shots. Also, Wade played a shit shot too. We were 7 for at the time and he threw away his wicket like an idiot. It did nothing.

The century against Sri Lanka we were cruising anyway and infront before he did anything significant.

I consider two of those to be a flat track.

Such bullshit. Honestly, some people need to get their heads out their backsides on Wade and see him for what he is. An average cricketer.

Read my post above.

Care factor about Paine's number of centuries = zero.

Why? Because today he and Faulkner dug us out of an enormous hole and in doing so hopefully secured us the Shield.

So crap on in a pissing contest between Wade and Paine if you must. I'll just sit back and hope that his effort today turns into my celebration tomorrow.

And I would remind all that this is actually a thread devoted to the Shield final.

Not really. You only have to look at how inept Wade is on anything but a flat track versus what Paine has been doing for years on a moving deck.

Paines average in India - 45
Wades average in India - 18
Selective stats. Let's compare their career stats in FC cricket, given that Wade has played half a dozen more games. Both would've played on decks that are flat, and do have something in the track. Balances it out, don't you think? Oh wait, that's the point of averages

Paine (before final): 59 matches, 102 innings, 2909 runs @ 31.96, SR of 44.58, 1 century, 20 fifties, HS 215
Wade: 66 matches, 102 innings, 3342 runs @ 39.78, SR of 49.65, 6 centuries, 22 fifties, HS 113*.

So after this final is completed, Paine will have more FC innings than Wade for a lower average and 350-odd less runs

Don't give a shit about the Paine/Wade debate... Fact is, he made runs today under pressure on the big stage and people should be happy to see a talented player get some runs and hopefully some confidence back.

So after this final is completed, Paine will have more FC innings than Wade for a lower average and 350-odd less runs

Wonder what the difference would be when you take into account runs scored from missed chances by opposition batsman? Wade is clearly the better batsman, however at the time Paine got his Aussie gigs their batting stats were very similar, Wade dominated after that ****wit Nannes injured Paine. People were calling for Wade back then but I think his keeping since has shown back then it was the correct call.

I know I'm in the minority but I really am behind the keeper being a keeper, obviously they can't be completely useless with the bat but considering it's less than 10 between Hartley/Paine to Wade I would prefer either of those two. This match has shown how far ahead those guys are in the keeping stakes to Wade and also Haddin(who is even better than Wade). Hartley dropped a tough chance, although I'm sure he would think he should take it, yet has been good all match despite squatting down for a few days now over after over.

Will people stop posting bullshit?

The WACA deck was not seaming, the top order just played shit shots. Also, Wade played a shit shot too. We were 7 for at the time and he threw away his wicket like an idiot. It did nothing.

The century against Sri Lanka we were cruising anyway and infront before he did anything significant.

I consider two of those to be a flat track.

Such bullshit. Honestly, some people need to get their heads out their backsides on Wade and see him for what he is. An average cricketer.
Hmmm... I could believe the deck was seeming, or I could believe that the whole South African and Australian team other than Wade threw their wickets away....
Also, you conveniently didn't address the other innings I mentioned when it was clearly a difficult match and Wade won it for us

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Sheffield Shield Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back