2013 SuperCoach Draft strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing mine tonight will be interesting to see how long until it takes people to start buying Forwards/Defenders

I am pick 2 and i know pick 1 will take Ablet so i am tossing up between Pendles and Swan what do people think

Doing mine tonight will be interesting to see how long until it takes people to start buying Forwards/Defenders

I am pick 2 and i know pick 1 will take Ablet so i am tossing up between Pendles and Swan what do people think
get your rucks sorted out early, i had pick1 in a 10man draft, picked up Maric with my second pick Roughhead with my 3rd and Z.smith slipped so i got him at 100odd

draft is tonight, 22 man teams so its gunna be a big challenge to fill that many spots.

Im thinking 2 high quality mids then a ruck in the first 3 rounds and ive ended up with pick 2.

Fingers crossed!

For anyone that hasn't had their draft yet, here is a ranking of players based on the number of standard deviations they are above/below the average for their position. The sample size for each position is very large, and more than accounts for a full league using the full amount of players.

I have omitted some injured players, but some have since been injured, so beware of that, and this does not account for any improvement or worsening in a player's form this year, compared to last year.

NB - The formatting has been screwed up a little bit as a result of converting it from a word document to pdf so I could upload. It is structured to that the first column is the player's name, the second is their average, and the third is their standard deviation. The players are still in their correct order, however the last digit for each entry in the standard deviation column has moved onto a new line.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Supercoach Draft List.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 141
Our very recent 8 team draft went like this

Round 1: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Franklin, Danger, Cox, Kennedy & NicNat
Round 2: Rockliff, Goddard, Gibbs, Cotchin, Selwood, Watson, Beams & Murphy
Round 3: Maric, Deledio, Jacobs, Pavlich, StevieJ, Jack, Roughead & Heath Shaw
Round 4: Boyd, Ryder, Duffield, Sandilands, Mumford, A.Swallow, McEvoy & McLean
Round 5: Giles, Hanley, Priddis, Birchall, Waters, Z.Smith, Scotland & Judd
Round 6: Bartel, Mitchell, Thompson (ADE), Fyfe, Tuck, Kreuzer, Robinson & Heppell
Round 7: Chapman, Goldstein, Zorko, T.Walker, D.Thomas, S.Selwood, Lewis & Enright
Round 8: Hale, Hawkins, Hartlett, Bellchambers, Rioli, Shuey, Broughton & Stanton
Round 9: N.Riewoldt, Dal Santo, D.Martin, Hurn, Newman, Wright, J.Riewoldt & Adcock
Round 10: Sloane, Ward, Jenkins, O'Keefe, Griffen, Redden, Watts & Reilly
Round 11: Crameri, D.Pearce, Bolton, Sidebottom, A.Goodes, Mundy, Grimes & Petrie
Round 12: Blair, M.Johnson, Cloke, H.Taylor, Stanley, Breust, B.Harvey & Barlow
Round 13: JJ Kennedy, Lake, Sylvia, Rance, Hayes, LeCras, Kelly & Bennell
Round 14: Minson, Clark, Sewell, Christensen, Brad Ebert, Thompson (KANG), Montagna & Suban
Round 15: Wells, Grima, Houli, N.Jones, Gaff, J.McVeigh, Cross & Bob Murphy
Round 16: K.Simpson, de Boer, Fisher, Burgoyne, L.Adams, Dempster, Monfries & Geary
Round 17: Zaharakis, Whitecross, Rich, Carrazzo, Darling, Yarran, Chaplin & Greene
Round 18: J.Gibson, Grigg, Lewis Jetta, Hibberd, Guerra, Mackie, Boak & Gwilt
Round 19: Wellingham, Dahlhaus, Ately, Jolly, Leuenberger, Anthony, Howe & C.Pearce
Round 20: McIntosh, Malceski, Currie, Hodge, Duncan, Hannebery, Betts & Tippett
Round 21: J.Steven, C.Masten, Waite, J.Brown, Karnezis, Grundy, Jon Griffin & Golby
Round 22: A.Walker, K.Cornes, Walters, Jared Brennan, Crouch, Bock, Hudson & Jamar

Came in at pick 2 last night

Pretty happy with my team i have the strongest Midfield in our league of 10

Went for a couple of hours and being pick 2 i had to wait for ages for my pick as the draft order swaps around so pick 10 would get pick 11

What do people think of the team below

Backs
Enright,Grima,D Pearce,Broughton,McPharlin,J Russell
Mids
Swan,J Selwood,Mclean,Sewell,McVeigh,Mundy,Gaff
Rucks
Jacobs,Griffin,McIntosh
Fwds
J Lewis,N Riewoldt,Blair,T Varcoe,Fasolo,J Elliot

I had pick one which was a lot harder than i thought apart form GAJ (would much prefer pick 6 or so as there is a no captain rule in our comp)
Def:
Reilly,Heppell, Gwilt, Suban, Geray

Mids:
GAJ, Murphy, McLean, Wells, Barlow, Stanton

Rucks:
Maric, Giles

FWDS:
Chapman, N Roo, Crameri, J Kennedy (eagles), Wellingham

Bench:
Zaharakis, Jack Steven, Jamar, Kurt Tippett

jesus it took 2 hours was bloody fun to do tho

I notice a lot of people got a ruck on the bench. Is there any point in this? I thought it was a floating bench, meaning that any bench player can cover any position. I just picked best available for my bench which means I have 4 mids.

I notice a lot of people got a ruck on the bench. Is there any point in this? I thought it was a floating bench, meaning that any bench player can cover any position. I just picked best available for my bench which means I have 4 mids.

Auto emergency covers only one out, and covers it with the lowest player on your bench. To use toxic's team as an example, I'd rather throw in Jamar in instead of taking the risk that Steven puts out a 40 or 60.

Hi guys

I've got pick 4 in an 8 team draft.

There will be no captains in our league, so I'm considering picking either Franklin or Cox with my first pick.

What do you think?

Auto emergency covers only one out, and covers it with the lowest player on your bench. To use toxic's team as an example, I'd rather throw in Jamar in instead of taking the risk that Steven puts out a 40 or 60.

Problem solved. I just traded in Naitanui as a backup ruck. An opponent ditched him because of his injury scare but when he comes back he'll be dynamite.

Now my rucks are Maric, Cox and Naitanui :D

Hi guys

I've got pick 4 in an 8 team draft.

There will be no captains in our league, so I'm considering picking either Franklin or Cox with my first pick.

What do you think?

Good pick, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing my draft as we speak, drafted cox (as a ruck) first round and just took Giles....can I now swap Giles into the ruc spot, cox to bench then into the fwds

Doing my draft as we speak, drafted cox (as a ruck) first round and just took Giles....can I now swap Giles into the ruc spot, cox to bench then into the fwds

I didn't think you can move them around during the draft?

Try it and see would have been the obvious solution.

Yeah you can.... maybe not during the draft... but once its comple - was playing round with my team earlier tonight and noticed I could do that with Goddard and Gibbs... from the bench they can move into either midfield or defence

Now that we have all done one draft and had some experience. Who would like to be in another league?

You just need to sign up with another email. I am keen to be involved.

Is anyone else keen to organise?

Now that we have all done one draft and had some experience. Who would like to be in another league?

You just need to sign up with another email. I am keen to be involved.

Is anyone else keen to organise?

I've done one already, have my main offline draft tomorrow evening. If you made one between now and sunday night, I'd be keen!

Having an offline draft tomorrow - my mates have decided that we are able to trade picks as well. I have #1, meaning my picks include 1, 24, 36, 37 etc. If you were in my position, would you be aiming to trade picks so you have less of a gap in-between your picks?

Got mine tomorrow. No idea how to go about, it's a pretty competitive group and bunch of mates. We all finish in top 15% each year. Just after some hints, thanking you guys in advance

Got mine tomorrow. No idea how to go about, it's a pretty competitive group and bunch of mates. We all finish in top 15% each year. Just after some hints, thanking you guys in advance

Check out the .pdf I posted on the previous page. It ranks hundreds of players.

Our very recent 8 team draft went like this

Round 1: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Franklin, Danger, Cox, Kennedy & NicNat
Round 2: Rockliff, Goddard, Gibbs, Cotchin, Selwood, Watson, Beams & Murphy
Round 3: Maric, Deledio, Jacobs, Pavlich, StevieJ, Jack, Roughead & Heath Shaw
Round 4: Boyd, Ryder, Duffield, Sandilands, Mumford, A.Swallow, McEvoy & McLean
Round 5: Giles, Hanley, Priddis, Birchall, Waters, Z.Smith, Scotland & Judd
Round 6: Bartel, Mitchell, Thompson (ADE), Fyfe, Tuck, Kreuzer, Robinson & Heppell
Round 7: Chapman, Goldstein, Zorko, T.Walker, D.Thomas, S.Selwood, Lewis & Enright
Round 8: Hale, Hawkins, Hartlett, Bellchambers, Rioli, Shuey, Broughton & Stanton
Round 9: N.Riewoldt, Dal Santo, D.Martin, Hurn, Newman, Wright, J.Riewoldt & Adcock
Round 10: Sloane, Ward, Jenkins, O'Keefe, Griffen, Redden, Watts & Reilly
Round 11: Crameri, D.Pearce, Bolton, Sidebottom, A.Goodes, Mundy, Grimes & Petrie
Round 12: Blair, M.Johnson, Cloke, H.Taylor, Stanley, Breust, B.Harvey & Barlow
Round 13: JJ Kennedy, Lake, Sylvia, Rance, Hayes, LeCras, Kelly & Bennell
Round 14: Minson, Clark, Sewell, Christensen, Brad Ebert, Thompson (KANG), Montagna & Suban
Round 15: Wells, Grima, Houli, N.Jones, Gaff, J.McVeigh, Cross & Bob Murphy
Round 16: K.Simpson, de Boer, Fisher, Burgoyne, L.Adams, Dempster, Monfries & Geary
Round 17: Zaharakis, Whitecross, Rich, Carrazzo, Darling, Yarran, Chaplin & Greene
Round 18: J.Gibson, Grigg, Lewis Jetta, Hibberd, Guerra, Mackie, Boak & Gwilt
Round 19: Wellingham, Dahlhaus, Ately, Jolly, Leuenberger, Anthony, Howe & C.Pearce
Round 20: McIntosh, Malceski, Currie, Hodge, Duncan, Hannebery, Betts & Tippett
Round 21: J.Steven, C.Masten, Waite, J.Brown, Karnezis, Grundy, Jon Griffin & Golby
Round 22: A.Walker, K.Cornes, Walters, Jared Brennan, Crouch, Bock, Hudson & Jamar
Was this a snake draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back