2014 AFL Ladder Predictions

What is your AFL 2014 Ladder

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

nah man, adelaide will be that good, soft draw and then they have jacobs tapping it down to dangerfield, thompson and sloane in the middle, with stars douglas and vanberlo rotating through, then mackay and young blood crouch on the wings, pretty best midfield there, then good defence with key defender rutten back, and star key defenders andy otten and daniel talia, then young blood luke brown an upcoming star in the back pocket and then henderson and laird to run the ball out of defence good hallf back flankers! and this year the crows will have 3 different forwards than they did last year, with walker back, then podsiadly and betts, not to mention josh jenkins getting real good., so they will have great key forwards podsiadly, walker and jenkins, then porplizia and betts crumbing. pretty great team there!, 4th easiest draw.

dont agree with the eagles placing either, they have lost players through retirement, all the others are another year older like hurn, glass, kennedy, and cox, pre shit midfeild, and natanui to inconsistant, i rekon anywhere from 12th-15th.

and brisbane arent a joke of a club, if they didnt have such a hard draw then i would have placed them anywhere from 7th-12th. have one of the greatest defence and midfeild, and a good upcoming forward line, not to mention a new coach and leigh matthews back at the club!
Sorry man, but I have to do this.....wtf are you talking about? Adelaide had Jacobs tapping it down to his midfielders all year this year, not one of them missed through injury. You say Hurn is another year older (26) yet you talk up Rutten, who whilst a star, is getting older (30). Porplyzia hasn't done anything in years, Walker's out for the first 2 months and Betts is rubbish. I think Adelaide will probably make the finals, purely because they'll be hard to beat at home, but away from adelaide, they're nothing special.

WCE, as much as I hate them, I have to say you're wrong again. They loss Kerr (was injured for the last few years/not that big of a loss) Selwood (wasn't best 22 anymore) & Nicoski (missed two years in a row/they've moved on from him) so that's three players that will barely be missed. Hurn & Kennedy aren't in any way old, I don't know what you're talking about there. 12-15th? Have you seen there draw?

Brisbane - I lol'd at what you wrote about Brisbane. Some made sense, but when you said they have one of the GREATEST defense & midfields, you completely loss me. There defense is weak as piss, hence why every team scores heavily against them. There midfield is alright, but not even close to being what you said 'greatest'. Good up and coming forward line? LOL What?!?! Tell me, who's up & coming in that forward line?

Brisbane - I lol'd at what you wrote about Brisbane. Some made sense, but when you said they have one of the GREATEST defense & midfields, you completely loss me. There defense is weak as piss, hence why every team scores heavily against them. There midfield is alright, but not even close to being what you said 'greatest'. Good up and coming forward line? LOL What?!?! Tell me, who's up & coming in that forward line?

Brown is near gone. Staker is too hot and cold (I learn't from SC this year). Merret gets thrown forward and back too much, but is a great player.
Rockliff, Zorko and Hanley are are their only "Superstars". Moloney, Redden, Rich and Raines are handy, but their depth falls away quickly. Mayes is their only exciting youngster, Docherty and Longer showed potential but have shipped out.

It's going to be a tough year for the Lions.

from the MB thread
I'll have a stab at it now.

P Team Win Loss
1 Fremantle 16 6
2 Hawks 15 7
3 Sydney 15 7
4 Richmond 14 8
5 Essendon 13 9
6 Geelong 13 9
7 North Melbourne 13 9
8 Adelaide 12 10
9 Gold Coast 12 10
10 Port 11 11
11 Westcoast 11 11
12 Carlton 10 12
13 Collingwood 10 12
14 Western Bulldogs 9 13
15 Brisbane 7 15
16 Saints 7 15
17 Melbourne 6 16
18 GWS 4 18

PS - nothing against collingwood / Carlton, i did a little ladder predictor in excel, and this is how it turned out - draws not that nice for them, and others near, like WCE/ Port & GC have easier ones. CBF with %ages so teams with equal wins might swap spots :)

Sorry man, but I have to do this.....wtf are you talking about? Adelaide had Jacobs tapping it down to his midfielders all year this year, not one of them missed through injury. You say Hurn is another year older (26) yet you talk up Rutten, who whilst a star, is getting older (30). Porplyzia hasn't done anything in years, Walker's out for the first 2 months and Betts is rubbish. I think Adelaide will probably make the finals, purely because they'll be hard to beat at home, but away from adelaide, they're nothing special.

WCE, as much as I hate them, I have to say you're wrong again. They loss Kerr (was injured for the last few years/not that big of a loss) Selwood (wasn't best 22 anymore) & Nicoski (missed two years in a row/they've moved on from him) so that's three players that will barely be missed. Hurn & Kennedy aren't in any way old, I don't know what you're talking about there. 12-15th? Have you seen there draw?

1. adelaide- yeah there midfeild is the exact same but they didnt have anyfirepower last year that was their problem, now they do, walker will be back staight away and betts is not rubish, porps would be good, i just rekon they'll be 5th because of their easy draw dickhead, any other draw i would have them bottom 10

2. west coast are going to have less players this year than they had last year, cause kerr, nicoski and selwood still played, and they finished 13th, this year, other teams are getting even better, so west coast will drop, and their new coach is going to be nowhere as good as worsfold

3. i did not say the greatest midfeild and defence, i said one of the greatest (meaning top 5-6 dickhead), lewenburger one of the best ruckman, rockliff redden rich moloney and hanley hitting the elite catagory for the midfeild, while sam mayes is getting great, and rains is one of the best taggers in the comp, the only midfeilds that are better are fremantles, adelaides, bulldogs, sydneys and collingwoods. then merret would be placed in one of the top 3 fullbacks, while maguire is finding his feet again comming back from injury, and then clark is a young upcoming star. three quality key defenders right there, then patfull is still as good as ever winning 2 best and fairests in a row, and golby not quite one of the elite defenders but really getting there, and adcock a great flanker. the only defence line that are better than that are fremantles, hawthorns, geelongs, and then i would put brisbanes and sydneys defence equal 4th. their forward line- jonathan brown not what he used to be, but getting an average of 40 goals a year while the ball hardly comes up forward lately still means he's a star, and the ball will come up more this year, staker finally off injury, had a good 2013, so 2014 he will be twice as good having half a season and a full preseason on his belt, dayne zorko is hitting his prime age so expect him to have a good year, mcgrath with a full season of forward in 2013 under his belt mixed with his experience means he'll have a good season, josh green is only young and had such a good season in 2013, expect him to hold a permanent spot in the top 22, and be one of the clubs leading goal kickers, he's so quick, creative and has a lot of potential. and then trent west will play as another tall forward and give lewenburger help in the ruck, so yeah they are a good side, even with their draw they could finish anywhere from 10-15th, if it was a draw as easy as northmelbournes or something then they would almost easiely make top 8

1. adelaide- yeah there midfeild is the exact same but they didnt have anyfirepower last year that was their problem, now they do, walker will be back staight away and betts is not rubish, porps would be good, i just rekon they'll be 5th because of their easy draw dickhead, any other draw i would have them bottom 10

2. west coast are going to have less players this year than they had last year, cause kerr, nicoski and selwood still played, and they finished 13th, this year, other teams are getting even better, so west coast will drop, and their new coach is going to be nowhere as good as worsfold

3. i did not say the greatest midfeild and defence, i said one of the greatest (meaning top 5-6 dickhead), lewenburger one of the best ruckman, rockliff redden rich moloney and hanley hitting the elite catagory for the midfeild, while sam mayes is getting great, and rains is one of the best taggers in the comp, the only midfeilds that are better are fremantles, adelaides, bulldogs, sydneys and collingwoods. then merret would be placed in one of the top 3 fullbacks, while maguire is finding his feet again comming back from injury, and then clark is a young upcoming star. three quality key defenders right there, then patfull is still as good as ever winning 2 best and fairests in a row, and golby not quite one of the elite defenders but really getting there, and adcock a great flanker. the only defence line that are better than that are fremantles, hawthorns, geelongs, and then i would put brisbanes and sydneys defence equal 4th. their forward line- jonathan brown not what he used to be, but getting an average of 40 goals a year while the ball hardly comes up forward lately still means he's a star, and the ball will come up more this year, staker finally off injury, had a good 2013, so 2014 he will be twice as good having half a season and a full preseason on his belt, dayne zorko is hitting his prime age so expect him to have a good year, mcgrath with a full season of forward in 2013 under his belt mixed with his experience means he'll have a good season, josh green is only young and had such a good season in 2013, expect him to hold a permanent spot in the top 22, and be one of the clubs leading goal kickers, he's so quick, creative and has a lot of potential. and then trent west will play as another tall forward and give lewenburger help in the ruck, so yeah they are a good side, even with their draw they could finish anywhere from 10-15th, if it was a draw as easy as northmelbournes or something then they would almost easiely make top 8
Dickhead? Feel free to leave bigfooty if you're going to start calling people a dickhead for literally no reason at all. You just made yourself look like a massive dickhead.

Like I said, Walker will miss the first two months, you've seemed to stuff that up twice now. Do you know why Carlton didn't try and keep Betts? Porplyzia hasn't done anything in years, hence why he's in & out of the team, he's even been the sub multiple times.

Nicoski hadn't played for two years, you seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Redden's hitting the elite category? Oh I see you use supercoach stats to back you up. He finds the ball, but he is far from damaging with it, hence why he never gets tagged. Moloney is a good player, not elite. Sam Mayes is getting great? After one year you're saying a player is getting GREAT? You use that word far too often, it's loss all meaning. Brisbanes defense is equal 4th with SYDNEY? LOL!! Sydney are just behind us in that category, the swans are second at least. Trent West will be the Angus Graham for Adelaide, just there for backup.

In b4 he calls me a dickhead again.

Dickhead? Feel free to leave bigfooty if you're going to start calling people a dickhead for literally no reason at all. You just made yourself look like a massive dickhead.

Like I said, Walker will miss the first two months, you've seemed to stuff that up twice now. Do you know why Carlton didn't try and keep Betts? Porplyzia hasn't done anything in years, hence why he's in & out of the team, he's even been the sub multiple times.

Nicoski hadn't played for two years, you seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Redden's hitting the elite category? Oh I see you use supercoach stats to back you up. He finds the ball, but he is far from damaging with it, hence why he never gets tagged. Moloney is a good player, not elite. Sam Mayes is getting great? After one year you're saying a player is getting GREAT? You use that word far too often, it's loss all meaning. Brisbanes defense is equal 4th with SYDNEY? LOL!! Sydney are just behind us in that category, the swans are second at least. Trent West will be the Angus Graham for Adelaide, just there for backup.

In b4 he calls me a dickhead again.

getting upset for using bad language?, what are you like 12?,
and that argument falls back on its self, if you call me a dickhead for calling you a dickhead then we should both leave bigfooty???

1. yes i believe getting great is usable, anyone that finishes in the top 5 for the nab rising star means that you are getting there

2. these players are great mixed together, combined they play well,

3. jack redden is getting elite becuase he is 22, can do everything at the moment exept for effective disposalness, but still a lot of time to improve on that before he hits his peek age

4. i will compare sydneys and brisbanes defence for you, fb- richards, merret. chb. grundy, maguire. bp. rampe, clark, bp. nick smith, joel patfull. hb. nick malceski, jed adcock, hb. mitch goldby, rhyce shaw. if anything i'd say lions defence list is better than sydneys.

5. whats wrong with trent west?, former geelong no.1 ruckman, premiership player?, will add some size, hieght, experience and quality to the side

6. taylor walker is expected to be back round 5 not round 8, and yeah they might miss him against sydney and geelong, but they can pretty easily beat port, stkilda and gws, and then he will come back in against easy teams bulldogs and melbourne, so facing those two teams will be a good warm up for the season for tex walker, so walker will have a good season

7. jason porplizia hasnt done anything in years?, wtf are you talking about?, 2013 he didnt do much but thats one year, not "years", in 2012 he played 22 games kicked 30 goals averaged 18 disposals 5 marks and 3 tackles a game, i believe that is a prime example of (doing something). the reason he didnt do anything in 2011 is because he got a shoulder injury and missed the whole season, then comming back the next season and playing 22 games in a side that finished top 2 that season sounds pretty inspirational to me. and in 2013, every player has at least one up and down season, you cant call that on someone that did that well in 2012.

8. betts is not rubbish, the only reason they let him go was because adelaide payed him too much and carlton couldnt afford it, the only reason he didnt have such a great year this year is because the coach tried him as an on baller and thats just not eddie betts, in 2011 and 2012 combined he kick 98 goals... thats not rubbish for a crumber mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

getting upset for using bad language?, what are you like 12?,
and that argument falls back on its self, if you call me a dickhead for calling you a dickhead then we should both leave bigfooty???

1. yes i believe getting great is usable, anyone that finishes in the top 5 for the nab rising star means that you are getting there

2. these players are great mixed together, combined they play well,

3. jack redden is getting elite becuase he is 22, can do everything at the moment exept for effective disposalness, but still a lot of time to improve on that before he hits his peek age

4. i will compare sydneys and brisbanes defence for you, fb- richards, merret. chb. grundy, maguire. bp. rampe, clark, bp. nick smith, joel patfull. hb. nick malceski, jed adcock, hb. mitch goldby, rhyce shaw. if anything i'd say lions defence list is better than sydneys.

5. whats wrong with trent west?, former geelong no.1 ruckman, premiership player?, will add some size, hieght, experience and quality to the side

6. taylor walker is expected to be back round 5 not round 8, and yeah they might miss him against sydney and geelong, but they can pretty easily beat port, stkilda and gws, and then he will come back in against easy teams bulldogs and melbourne, so facing those two teams will be a good warm up for the season for tex walker, so walker will have a good season

7. jason porplizia hasnt done anything in years?, wtf are you talking about?, 2013 he didnt do much but thats one year, not "years", in 2012 he played 22 games kicked 30 goals averaged 18 disposals 5 marks and 3 tackles a game, i believe that is a prime example of (doing something). the reason he didnt do anything in 2011 is because he got a shoulder injury and missed the whole season, then comming back the next season and playing 22 games in a side that finished top 2 that season sounds pretty inspirational to me. and in 2013, every player has at least one up and down season, you cant call that on someone that did that well in 2012.

8. betts is not rubbish, the only reason they let him go was because adelaide payed him too much and carlton couldnt afford it, the only reason he didnt have such a great year this year is because the coach tried him as an on baller and thats just not eddie betts, in 2011 and 2012 combined he kick 98 goals... thats not rubbish for a crumber mate!
Read my comment again, I never called you a dickhead, I simply said you're making yourself look like one. I couldn't care in the slightest if you use bad language, like people have said multiple times on here, kids can see this page and that type of immature language isn't needed here.

You're point number 4 shows how little you know about footy. So little that you didn't even bother to put LRT in the swans backline.

Trent West was traded because he's nothing more than a dud, hence why Geelong traded for McIntosh last year. You seriously know nothing about footy.

To quote from this article http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...rick-dangerfield/story-fni5f4l8-1226733383524 Dangerfield said "Maybe Round 8 or 9 you might see him. But we’re certainly looking forward to having him back. Nice try kid, but you're wrong yet again.

It's cute how you keep using stats as your evidence, everyone knows Betts is rubbish and Porplyzia isn't anything special at all.

PS - Try using capital letters, to lessen up the crap I have to read from you.

1. read this about tex walker http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-02/the-longterm-injuries-at-your-club, patrick dangerfield isnt the person who declares people fit to play is he?,

2. lrt is a key forward, he hasnt played defence much since 2011.

3, if trent west is a dud then he wouldnt be the no.1 ruckman in the 2011 premeirship side would he?, betts and porplizia rubbish, hahahahaha, forwards are there to kick goals, win contested ball, crumb, and provide forward pressure, thats exactly what they do, im pretty sure you know nothing about footy,

Read my comment again, I never called you a dickhead, I simply said you're making yourself look like one. I couldn't care in the slightest if you use bad language, like people have said multiple times on here, kids can see this page and that type of immature language isn't needed here..

unfortunately, as you can see, kids can also post here as well

btw, my list:
  1. Fremantle
  2. Everyone Else

Hey Guys I know you have all been waiting for my 2014 predictions so here it goes:

1) couldhavebeen - Makes some weird, out there prediction - and then it comes true
2) stazzaz - starts a thread that doesn't make sense and then defends it to the death
3) mike91 - calls someone out for being a tool
4) Seppo - makes me laugh with a funny post
5) freogirl, caterina and electricfeel - continue to be mistaken as men because their footy knowledge is better than most people.
6) whiteoak - makes a triumphant return to BF
7) jedimindtricks, Salim, Irish Docker, Esti, couldhavebeen, ripper, Harry Reems and anyone else I have forgotten - Post the best damn training reports in the country
8) sirengate - posts the best freo orientated videos going around
9) Lach72 - gets called a shit mod for no reason
10) moo - tells an invading suppoter that he will card them when they act like a dick
11) ghostpig - makes an insanely well written post that has us all questioning our place in the universe
12) estibador - makes a zen statement.
13) Irish Docker - Gets done for breaking and entering
14) Silent Alarm - Says something harsh but true
15) Spoken4 - channeling male model power attacks and defends Freo on all boards at all times.
16) Reg - Makes fun of the Steves at least once and then basks in the flame thread that follows
17) freo2012 - makes a cringe worthy thread on the mainboard
18) memories - mundy is shit

;):rainbow:;):D:rainbow::hearts:

Hey Guys I know you have all been waiting for my 2014 predictions so here it goes:

1) couldhavebeen - Makes some weird, out there prediction - and then it comes true
2) stazzaz - starts a thread that doesn't make sense and then defends it to the death
5) freogirl and caterina - tells us all how hot dockers player x is and start a fight with the male board members over Fyfe and Duffield ;)
7) jedimindtricks, Salim, mike91, Esti, couldhavebeen, ripper, Harry Reems and anyone else I have forgotten - Post the best damn training reports in the country
10) moo - tells an invading suppoter that he will card them when they act like a dick
11) ghostpig - makes an insanely well written post that has us all questioning our place in the universe
13) xxxxxxx - Gets done for breaking and entering (I can't remember who it was that snuck into Subi to watch the dockers train)
15) Spoken4 - channeling male model power attacks and defends Freo on all boards at all times.
16) Reg - Makes fun of the Steves at least once and then basks in the flame thread that follows

my early nomination for post of the year 2014

5) freogirl and caterina - tells us all how hot dockers player x is and start a fight with the male board members over Fyfe and Duffield ;)
7) jedimindtricks, Salim, mike91, Esti, couldhavebeen, ripper, Harry Reems and anyone else I have forgotten - Post the best damn training reports in the country
13) xxxxxxx - Gets done for breaking and entering (I can't remember who it was that snuck into Subi to watch the dockers train)

19) GilG - Makes another trip down under for the big dance

I know it's in fun but caterina doesn't deserve to be labelled as a mere groupie. No complaints with your minor premier though.

Thanks riteo, I wasn't really offended, I do like discussing the real stuff with you guys even if I sometimes show my ignorance so thanks for the comments!
But just to help freo84 out too, on the subject of hotties, it is true there are a few catches amongst the current list but Jess Sinclair still holds the title of all time best looking Freo player. I would have groupied him if I could have ever got my hands on him....

Tell him he's dreamin'

Freo will enjoy that winning moment

There's a lot of fans tipping their team to win the flag on some threads who have a FAR less chance of taking it out than the Swans.

That said, Fremantle are pretty much the team to beat in 2014 in my view, and are certain to go deep into September.

And I've only just realised that I posted my prediction in a Fremantle Board thread. Whoops. Off to post my prediction on a Main Board ladder prediction thread if there is one.

1. read this about tex walker http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-02/the-longterm-injuries-at-your-club, patrick dangerfield isnt the person who declares people fit to play is he?,

2. lrt is a key forward, he hasnt played defence much since 2011.

3, if trent west is a dud then he wouldnt be the no.1 ruckman in the 2011 premeirship side would he?, betts and porplizia rubbish, hahahahaha, forwards are there to kick goals, win contested ball, crumb, and provide forward pressure, thats exactly what they do, im pretty sure you know nothing about footy,
Staff writers from the AFL wrote that, so you're taking their word over a player who plays in the same team as Tex.
Nathan Ablett won a premiership and he was one of the worst forwards in the game at the time. Max Bailey was Hawthorn's number one ruckman this year. Mitch Morton won a premiership, your point is invalid regarding Trent West.
Tippett/Franklin/Goodes you seriously think LRT is going to be played as a forward? The stupidity is strong within you.
Talk to me when you get a basic knowledge of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 AFL Ladder Predictions

Back