2014 captain & vice Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Caiphus is in error but I just wanted to quote this for #Wheelchairkebabgate.

I think I want that on a t-shirt. I think we can adopt it as our standard answer to every nothing-story-storm-in-a-tea-cup that gets thrown at us over the next 18 months.

#wheelchairkebabgate
I'm on board.

Youngen McDraftee isn't a Rd 1 starter? Must be homesick. Papers already stamped.

#wheelchairkebabgate

Wait. What do you mean McDraftee isn't selected? He fills a specific need that is vital to contesting the Hawk structures.

Sometimes I wonder why we draft these (fake) young boys if we don't intend to play them... It's only a matter of time before he heads back to his *significantothers* in *insertnamehere*

#wheelchairkebabgate

Must say I'm pretty upset with Rockcliff being sole VC. I would very much prefer Rich as captain and there are others i'd have before Rockcliff as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would personally like to see Richy work on beating a tag and impacting games consistently before we talk about captaincy. Has enough on his plate.

Players voted, Rocky selected. What do you do?

Yeah, happy to back the judgement of the blokes who experience the dynamics at the club in person every day rather than perceptions based from limited viewing of LionsTV.

Would personally like to see Richy work on beating a tag and impacting games consistently before we talk about captaincy. Has enough on his plate.
If the training reports from Morgs__ are anything to go by, we might see Richy break a few more tags this year with help from his midfield mates, seeing as they've been concentrating on blocking at stoppages.

Must say I'm pretty upset with Rockcliff being sole VC. I would very much prefer Rich as captain and there are others i'd have before Rockcliff as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By which you no doubt mean.

Rockliff is damaging to the club he promotes a culture of skins wearing that is counter to our heritage and cheats during the challenge. Leppa has lost the dressing room.

#wheelchairkebabgate

Have to agree on Rich, whilst I think he is a leader, and on field can do things that lift those around him, he needs to work on his own game, not worrying about others. Rocky as sole VC Shows the respect the players have for him, he will be captain, its a matter of time, and its the right call. He just oozes so much leadership, both on and off, demands a high standard, but is more than willing to do what he asks of others. Also has the lighter side, shows he is approachable and easy to get along with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok here goes....I have mixed feelings...I hate change, I like things in their place and then life goes on kinda thing.

I feel so disappointed that JB is no longer captain...it means the end is near.

I'm disappointed Rich isn't captain....nor the next one.

..but I will get over my disappointment in a few days, get used to all the changes and then be all gung ho into season 2014

..and I actually can see and understand the reasoning behind the changes....so I'll come around I guess..

Merritt, Voss, Brown.....Jed. Not used to a placid captain.

Archie was robbed, everyone knows this.

Basically I read on the internet that Jed was going to be the sole captain and came in here pretending that I was psychic. Fatcat08 quickly destroyed that dream.

Glad I could be of annoyance

Ok here goes....I have mixed feelings...I hate change, I like things in their place and then life goes on kinda thing.

I feel so disappointed that JB is no longer captain...it means the end is near.

I'm disappointed Rich isn't captain....nor the next one.

..but I will get over my disappointment in a few days, get used to all the changes and then be all gung ho into season 2014

..and I actually can see and understand the reasoning behind the changes....so I'll come around I guess..

Merritt, Voss, Brown.....Jed. Not used to a placid captain.
So what you are saying is that you could accept and deal with change as long as it was Rich as captain, but you can't deal with change if it involves Rockliff

I'm happy with the changes and delighted that Rocky has basically been flagged as the successor. While it's certainly not a guarantee of a great leader, the way he talks about the club displays the genuine pride in the club that I love seeing from the players. And, as mentioned earlier, he looks like he wants the responsibility.

So what you are saying is that you could accept and deal with change as long as it was Rich as captain, but you can't deal with change if it involves Rockliff

Don't try and put words in my mouth....I haven't had a go at you or anyone else for wanting Rockliff, who I might add I didn't even mention... If you don't like what I wrote, too bad. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I have no intention of having to explain myself just because my views and yours may differ.

I am and always have been completely puzzled as to why there's a faction of Lions fans (on here, at least) who don't like Rocky. I haven't understood it at any stage along the journey, and have spoken up about it a few times before. He was a kid who was thrown a lifeline when it looked like everyone had passed him over, and who has since given everything he has to repay the club. He's stood up for us in the media, he's regularly been one of the last ones fighting when the scoreboard has been heavily against us, and you'd have to be blind not to see how much pride he has to play for the club.

Yes, he's a bit of a joker off the field, but on field he's likely the most determined and passionate player we've got. I've thought he was the obvious choice for captain for a number of years now, so wasn't at all surprised by the announcement, but I do feel for those who clearly haven't been won over. I just would love to know why they haven't, though, because I don't get it at all.

A mate of mine who's a passionate Tigers fan wasn't at all happy when Cotchin got the captaincy, because he sees Cotchin as someone who doesn't show as much emotion or passion as he'd like from the club's captain (a criticism that could also be made of Jed). He actually commented to me at the time that he wished Cotchin was a bit more like Rocky in that regard, so I've always assumed that there has been a great deal of respect for him from all parts of the footy world, hence my continued surprise at those Lions fans who don't love him. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Funny, I haven't seen ANY post by anyone that says "I don't like Rockliff".. A preference for one player over another isn't a statement of dislike.

Some preferred Leppitch as coach over Voss....some the other way round.... doesn't mean they disliked either one.

Like everyone else, I have a huge opinion of Simon Black, but I preferred Jonathan Brown as our captain.....doesn't mean I dislike Simon.

Some are happy to have Jed as captain, some aren't....doesn't mean a dislike of Jed.

It is really bugging me that if I/others don't follow popular opinion we are called to task.

I have said I prefer Rich for captain, as have others, yet some posters have questioned my "dislike" of Rockliff!..My dislike is now for those posters not Rockliff!

If someone has a different opinion, they should not have to explain why they do. It should be just accepted..it only leads to arguments anyway.....and I sure as hell don't come on here to to be witness to or be involved in bloody keyboard squabbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 captain & vice Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Back