2014 captain & vice Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocky is definitely captaincy material, I'd just prefer to see him lead when we start playing in the proper guernsey. You know, new guernsey, new bloke to lead us out wearing it. Jed and Browny next year, or Jed in a sole leadership role if Browny decides not to continue on as el capitano.

I am not sure what the leadership setup will be but I'm 99% sure Browny won't be carrying a (c) next to his name next year. Just seems like he is looking to take a step back.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing though as it basically frees him up to not do the official things, but he will still be the same presence around the club.

Rockliff/Adcock for me. I think Richy can do without the pressure but Rocky will thrive on it. Jed still deserves his spot, I've been a critic but he's the kind of organizer and general down back that everyone claims Maxwell is for The Dirty Birds.

I am not sure what the leadership setup will be but I'm 99% sure Browny won't be carrying a (c) next to his name next year. Just seems like he is looking to take a step back.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing though as it basically frees him up to not do the official things, but he will still be the same presence around the club.

This was touched on in another thread, but it's important that in 2014 the club start putting forward some other faces. I don't know what it's like in QLD, but in the southern states Browny is the only Lion that you regularly see.

We'll find out in an hour, but personally I think it's time Rockliff was made captain. Some players struggle with responsibility, I think Rocky thrives on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was touched on in another thread, but it's important that in 2014 the club start putting forward some other faces. I don't know what it's like in QLD, but in the southern states Browny is the only Lion that you regularly see.

We'll find out in an hour, but personally I think it's time Rockliff was made captain. Some players struggle with responsibility, I think Rocky thrives on it.

IMO there are no justifiable reasons why Adcock should be demoted from his captaincy. Ever since he stepped into our club he has had a captain moniker written on his forehead. He has shown all the attributes we require of the Brisbane Lions leader. It is time for him to stand alone and give Rocky and Rich time to develop in the VC roles.

Reckon the Rockliff email might have been bungled and sent out too early?
Was probably meant to be sent after this announcement.;)

I would not be surprised to see Brown retire before the season starts to be honest. He could have an agreement to see how his pre-season goes before making a decision. We have a full list and jumping on the LTI allows a replacement.

Brown wanted to step out of the captaincy last year but Voss talked him out of it. I'd be very surprised if he's going around again.

IMO there are no justifiable reasons why Adcock should be demoted from his captaincy. Ever since he stepped into our club he has had a captain moniker written on his forehead. He has shown all the attributes we require of the Brisbane Lions leader. It is time for him to stand alone and give Rocky and Rich time to develop in the VC roles.

I agree with almost all of that, but when you get a new coach in it's not unreasonable that they'd select a new captain without that reflecting on the incumbent.

But I suspect you and most of the others are right that Adcock will retain that role in his own right.

My own opinion is that Rockliff is establishing himself as the natural leader of this team and it might as well be formalised sooner rather than later.

IMO there are no justifiable reasons why Adcock should be demoted from his captaincy.

Apart from the fact that on form he should have been dropped at various times last year. If he has similar form this year the coach should be able to drop him without the stigma of having dropped the captain. Your captain has to be certain of getting a game every week and personally Adcock should not be in that category anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 captain & vice Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Back