List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis may turn out ok but our side has already got a problem with leg speed and we gonna add another slow coach doesn't make sense
Sam Mitchell turned out all right.
And if you look at Hawthorn they did go for inside mids first in Hodge,Lewis,Mitchell,Van der berg,Sewell and a few others then topped up with speed like Smith & Hill.

So the Tiges have been linked to Ahern, Duggan, Wright, Weller, Ellis & Garlett at pick #12

IMO they hope 1 of the first 3 are there, if not they should have a choice of the next 3

decent possie to be in except unbeknown to FJ, Ellis is a dud, everyone hates him, and he's about to roll snake eyes...

So the Tiges have been linked to Ahern, Duggan, Wright, Weller, Ellis & Garlett at pick #12

IMO they hope 1 of the first 3 are there, if not they should have a choice of the next 3

decent possie to be in except unbeknown to FJ, Ellis is a dud, everyone hates him, and he's about to roll snake eyes...
We've also been linked to Gore and Drummond later. I think we should skip on wright in case of gingervitis spreading through the club. :(

We've also been linked to Gore and Drummond later. I think we should skip on wright in case of gingervitis spreading through the club. :(

richmond is so predictable they've only had six dudes pinned on them for pick 12

no one cares about our other picks mate, we all know they will be chicken nuggets that should have been taken in the rookie draft

richmond is so predictable they've only had six dudes pinned on them for pick 12

no one cares about our other picks mate, we all know they will be chicken nuggets that should have been taken in the rookie draft
We've only seen 6 players this year. If they all go first round then we are rooted. No more than usual though :p

Fine Eyes has got this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll laugh so hard if come draft night we take someone totally different that barely anyone has mentioned :D
Kudos to the RFC for starting the Petracca hip problems rumour.Amazing what a bit of BS gets you.;):D

But no body above us rates Ellis, and people after us still for a while. And the likes of weller and laverde are rated by many clubs above us they've just got some other players they want more.

So why are we taking the kid nobody rates?
Can I ask, how do you know that no one other clubs rates him? How do you know clubs are just making a list management decision, so may go a tall instead of a mid? A lot of supposition here.

Yeah but that's the point isn't it? Why don't we have anyone higher on our list? And surely there would be at least one available at our pick.

I'm not necessarily against drafting him I just find it odd that on the face of it there's absolutely no competition for him around our pick, which says to me that it's a 'reach'. Having said that, I'm only going by the information I see through this site and media etc and my perception is derived from these outlets, so it's probably influenced by all the whingers that are dead set against him. I'll get behind whoever we draft anyway :thumbsu:

But this is the point too. How do you know we haven't got another player in mind? Is it just because some phantoms have him coming to us?

What I'm asking though, is what makes him so high on our list? And not others.
It's a question that essentially doesn't have an answer though because we have no clue what recruiters actually think and are just going off what we're fed.

As I said I'm more than happy to back us in on this one. Just thought the question should be raised. Hope he has a long career in the Yellow & Black.
I would think the reason why he is high on our list is he is in the range on where our pick is. 10-20 I would think. If we had pick 10 it would be different.

Richo said on Talking Tigers that there are 3 that we are keen on.
It has to be Duggan, Weller and Ellis...in that order im guessing as well.

And to be honest, this is why I think we are so heavily linked to Ellis. When Weller looked like going at 5, then 8, then 10, then 11 and Duggan looked at going at 7, 8, or 11 we would have had to put a lot of work into number 3. If that is Ellis then that may be were all this 'Richmond are extremely interested' came into play.

Similarly all the talk about Wright being a top 5 pick, suddenly he looks like he could slide and your hearing discourse about how suddenly all these teams are putting massive work into Wright.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back