List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that fans can be outraged in who we pick in the draft on the basis of a 2 minute youtube clip never ceases to amaze me.
It's not based on the clips. It's based on the reports on the player, and the type of player he is.

Most people are outraged as they believe (like me) that we need outside runners more, and players like Weller/Duggan/Laverde would be much better fits into the side.

If they ask for extra time at Pick 12 then I have zero faith in them! You've got to have your first pick scenario nailed and have done the permutations. Spreadsheet anyone???
What i was saying was that, instead of being mouth at the microphone ready to call out Ellis' name, they'd have a quick regroup to confirm their selection.

The extra time was an exaggeration.

Maybe they will pass..... :D

It's not based on the clips. It's based on the reports on the player, and the type of player he is.

Most people are outraged as they believe (like me) that we need outside runners more, and players like Weller/Duggan/Laverde would be much better fits into the side.
With all the late mail, it could be that Laverde, Duggan and Ellis are all on he board at pick 12. (and i'm using the rumour that Weller goes to GWS).

If Weller, does Ahern fall? Or another KPP?

Would this change our selection?

One could hope.

I just found a GIF that sums up the reaction from most on here if we pick Ellis at 12.

OtGk2h.jpg

Twoomeys saying Ahern at 6 and Goddard at 7 Wright at 8 and Cockatoo could be a smokey to Geelong! Also said he's very confident tigers take Ellis.... With Laverde still on the board.

Last edited:
FJ has requested to the AFL that we have Nakia on the coast as we will be selecting him with #12

The stage on the coast is very large and they actually want to show 12 players this year 6 on each side

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Welcome to Tigerland
Nakia Cockatoo

Then my wife woke me up :-(
I agine the meltdown if we went the ****...I'd love it...then again everyone would be happy with the ****...everyone rated him and at 12 is an astute pick up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts on Drummond? At 52 I think he'd be a great pick. Fast, strong, athletic, decent kick.
He'd be an awful pick. Terrible kick, going at under 50% in actual games compared to a bullshit combine kicking test. Also, he's every bit of two years older than blokes like Duggan. Short, fully developed, poor kick and averaged 15 touches in the TAC as the most overage of overage players. I'll spew if we use 52 on him, and won't be happy if we pick him at all.

If we had Grundy, we wouldn't have Vlastuin on the list. Vlastuin > Grundy
We wouldn't have McBean either. Beanie > everyone.

Bang on. If we get Ellis, I hope to god we get Drummond for that injection of pace we desperately lack.
I'd rather draft Matt Shirvington. He's even quicker.

I think the reason getting the right player at pick 12 is such a big deal is because realistically we haven't drafted any decent players outside of the first round in years. So it's hard to get excited about who we may pick at 33, let alone our later picks, hence why everyone is stressing so much about taking Ellis at pick 12.
Yeah. Except for Edwards, Rance, Astbury, Griffiths, Grimes, Gordon, Petterd and Batchelor, how many other best-22 players has FJ drafted outside the first round? Bearing in mind it's too early to make a call on Elton, McDonough and McIntosh, and that McJesus is a freak anyone would have taken if they had pick 33.

If we are set on Ellis, what I dont understand is why we didnt go about trading down our first rounder ala Adelaide.

Surely we did our due diligence before the trade period.

Just stinks of horribly unimaginative recruiting.
Surely you must have noticed we tried to trade down. Stinks of horribly ignorant posting.

I agine the meltdown if we went the ****...I'd love it...then again everyone would be happy with the ****...everyone rated him and at 12 is an astute pick up
I don't reckon id be that happy with the ****
.not that there's anything wrong with that.

Did we? Because after we avoided getting screwed over by Melbourne, I didnt see any one "trying".
Just cause you dont see it dosent mean it isnt happening

Uncle Terry on SEN adamant that the tigers take Ellis.
Would be really dissapointing if our recruiters are unable to change plans if players that are of obvious high end talent fall. Seems like they just set themselves on a player that certainly won't be selected before our pick and just stick to it. Not even a whisper about them being patient.

Would be really dissapointing if our recruiters are unable to change plans if players that are of obvious high end talent fall. Seems like they just set themselves on a player that certainly won't be selected before our pick and just stick to it. Not even a whisper about them being patient.
But what if we simply have Ellis higher on our charts?? Fyfe went in the 20's Beams in 30's, Sloane in the 40's, Parker in the 40's and there are probably 100s more. None were highly rated

I'll still back in our full time recruiters

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back