List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

This to me just stinks of Conca 2.0. Every other club sees him as a late first rounder, we see something that no one else does, we take him earlier than anyone else would, and we get burnt for it.

It also seems to me that we're the only team set on who we are going to take, all the other clubs look to be chopping and changing all the time to ensure they get the best player, as players look to slide, etc. Right now I reckon we'd stick to our guns and still take Ellis even if Petracca was available.

Most clubs bar Collngwood see Lavarde as a late first rounder ;)

Besides both North and Adelaide are into Ellis at 14 and 16.

Ew, that's bad. Does it seriously have Ellis at #47?

Yep. It appears as though they haven't posted their Phantom Draft to their website, even though the article on the same page is up. I have tying to upload a picture but BigFooty doesn't seem to allow it, dunno why.

Just come home from Bunnings in watergardens, There was a van with 'Ellis Plumbing services" Sign on it and it had 2 Richmond flags hanging of each of the front windows and a brand new Tiger sticker on the back - Is this a Sign from above

Don't worry our last Ellis was a gun and this one will be too.

Ellis at 12 and Menadue at 33 ;)

Cockatoo heading to the Gold Coast according to EQ. Paige Cardona reporting a Stephen Wells special incoming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What someone who sees ball>>>>Gets ball>>Delivers Ball.

Mate..if thats what you think is the most important thing then recruiting these simple average players wont get us into the top 4. We lack class depth and speed and need a real boost. Ellis doesnt provide this. Obviously I would like him to prove majority of us wrong but you kidding yourself if you believe a simple conca type with pick 12 is what we need

Mate..if thats what you think is the most important thing then recruiting these simple average players wont get us into the top 4. We lack class depth and speed and need a real boost. Ellis doesnt provide this. Obviously I would like him to prove majority of us wrong but you kidding yourself if you believe a simple conca type with pick 12 is what we need
But Ellis is classy? We have 3, maybe 4(?) picks after our first to draft speed.

If we are set on Ellis, what I dont understand is why we didnt go about trading down our first rounder ala Adelaide.

Surely we did our due diligence before the trade period.

Just stinks of horribly unimaginative recruiting.

Ahh we did we tried to to trade down for Trengove ;)

Although that wasn't for Ellis. We wouldn't trade down to 17 for Ports because we knew Ellis would be gone and Port didn't offer up anything for it to be worth it for us.

Ellis provides plenty of class.

Last year it was Salem up until it became clear that he wasn't getting past the pies or dees. Might be a similar story this year, could be Duggan and Laverde etc, but we are fairly sure only one will be left, most likely Elllis.

Heard it was always going to be lennon, senior players implored the club to draft him bc he fit in with the group so well the year before when he spent some time there.

have you seen many of Ellis games mate ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back