List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys

Don't want to intrude on your thread here but I am involved in a PD and have drawn Richmond for my team. I am not an expert regarding your list so I just wanted some advice as to the general consensus as to where your lists' weaknesses may be and what kind of players you may be targeting. I was thinking something along the lines of a quality tall with your 1st rd selection, mid with the second, Utility with the third and a small forward/ruck with the later pick. Am I far off the mark ???

Thanks
Stylo summed it up well IMO. We could use a small forward too potentially.

OK thanks guys

Looking from the outside in I always saw your midfield as a strength but looking at footywire it does look like some more depth could be a priority.

Is there any interest in a ruck with a later pick ??? You have Maric who is class, and iirc his cousin is coming in as a rookie, but you then rely on part-times in Hampson (who I classify as a Forward/Ruck with potential that he hasn't lived up to) and Vickery who is a Forward who I would assume is more valuable there than in the ruck.

We need a decent swingman at some stage though to support Griff and replace Chaplin as well as take pressure of Rancey and balance our onfield team out with a bit more versatility!
We currently have enough players 192 or over with roughly last i counted about 11including 2 ruckman
McIntosh
Rance
grimes
Astbury
Chaplin
Elton

Riewoldt
Griffiths
Vickery
McBean

Maric
Hampson

Thats nearly a third of the list & We should probably take 1 KPP & 1 Ruck in the draft which will more than fill our quota, We need to go all out for Mids this draft as thats the way the game is going. You can only play 7 talls in the side and 15 Mids and the mids these days are all interchangeable between foward line and defence.

We Need to invest very heavily into midfielders and i would suggest roughly 7 and maybe even as high as 8 new midfielders on the senior/rookie list combined - really need to unearth 2 gems this year

OK thanks guys

Looking from the outside in I always saw your midfield as a strength but looking at footywire it does look like some more depth could be a priority.

Is there any interest in a ruck with a later pick ??? You have Maric who is class, and iirc his cousin is coming in as a rookie, but you then rely on part-times in Hampson (who I classify as a Forward/Ruck with potential that he hasn't lived up to) and Vickery who is a Forward who I would assume is more valuable there than in the ruck.
We might take a mature one in the rookie draft like you guys did with wood. Otherwise I doubt it. can't see us taking a young guy on top of Soldo who is 18.

We might take a mature one in the rookie draft like you guys did with wood. Otherwise I doubt it. can't see us taking a young guy on top of Soldo who is 18.

Cool thanks.

Think I will target mids as suggested with a late pick used on a small forward (possibly one of the small gun SA mids if they fall through to the 4th rd)

Cool thanks.

Think I will target mids as suggested with a late pick used on a small forward (possibly one of the small gun SA mids if they fall through to the 4th rd)
Do something unexpected and take Cockatoo with #12
4th selection - Mitch Robinson
Then with our last selection upgrade Miles

Blow the PD into Chaos

Do something unexpected and take Cockatoo with #12
4th selection - Mitch Robinson
Then with our last selection upgrade Miles

Blow the PD into Chaos

hehe really, Cockatoo tested EXTREMELY well but with #12 ??? I don't want to be accused of Tanking Richmonds draft. And Robinson will be a DFA so you can have him for nothing (grrrrrrrrr)

I will probably be fairly reactive in the PD (don't have a huge knowledge of the kids so will mostly go off of PD from the Drafts board) but Cockatoo with #12 seems a little high.

Last edited:
hehe really, Cockatoo tested EXTREMELY well but with #12 ??? I don't want to be accused of Tanking Richmonds draft. And Robinson with be a DFA so you can have him for nothing (grrrrrrrrr)

I will probably be fairly reactive in the PD (don't have a huge knowledge of the kids so will mostly go off of PD from the Drafts board) but Cockatoo with #12 seems a little high.
Seriously I would have no problem with
#12 Cockatoo
#33 - Go for your life so long as its a Mid
#52 - Same Same
#70 - Mitch Robinson
#88 Miles upgrade

3 Young Mids , 1 Experienced hard nosed assasin,1 Gun already amongst our team

Hi guys

Don't want to intrude on your thread here but I am involved in a PD and have drawn Richmond for my team. I am not an expert regarding your list so I just wanted some advice as to the general consensus as to where your lists' weaknesses may be and what kind of players you may be targeting. I was thinking something along the lines of a quality tall with your 1st rd selection, mid with the second, Utility with the third and a small forward/ruck with the later pick. Am I far off the mark ???

Thanks
And you thought anyone on here was? Awesome:D

Seriously I would have no problem with
#12 Cockatoo
#33 - Go for your life so long as its a Mid
#52 - Same Same
#70 - Mitch Robinson
#88 Miles upgrade

3 Young Mids , 1 Experienced hard nosed assasin,1 Gun already amongst our team

OK if I get stuck with #12 (most of the PD seem to be swamped with the solid talls I was going to originally going to select here) then I will go with the "The_GUN Special" and pull the trigger on Cockatoo with #12 ;):thumbsu:

#33 and #52 will be best mid available (will probably have a preference for an inside with #33 if one is available)
#70 will be a small (as I said Mitch can be picked up as a DFA)

#12 Nakia Cockatoo
#33 Jack Lonie
#52 Nathan Drummond
#70 Billy Evans
#88 Miles (upgrade)

OK if I get stuck with #12 (most of the PD seem to be swamped with the solid talls I was going to originally going to select here) then I will go with the "The_GUN Special" and pull the trigger on Cockatoo with #12 ;):thumbsu:

#33 and #52 will be best mid available (will probably have a preference for an inside with #33 if one is available)
#70 will be a smalls I said Mitch can (a be picked up as a DFA)
But he will still take up a spot on our list meaning we will have to delist another as we will most likely go with 38/6
But hey just for the laughs on your board take Mitch with #88 and use #106 to upgrade miles
same same but you get to select another player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he will still take up a spot on our list meaning we will have to delist another as we will most likely go with 38/6
But hey just for the laughs on your board take Mitch with #88 and use #106 to upgrade miles
same same but you get to select another player
What difference would it make picking him up as a DFA or late in the draft, as it takes a spot on the list and is the same scenario. All the difference is, he is guaranteed to come to our club and not run the gauntlet in the draft. Not that I want him at all mind you. I want Hunt before him.

What difference would it make picking him up as a DFA or late in the draft, as it takes a spot on the list and is the same scenario. All the difference is, he is guaranteed to come to our club and not run the gauntlet in the draft. Not that I want him at all mind you. I want Hunt before him.
Nahh I'd take Mitch over hunt, - I wanted him to actually select him in the PD for the lolz

but of course in a real world you would take him as a FA

Nahh I'd take Mitch over hunt, - I wanted him to actually select him in the PD for the lolz

but of course in a real world you would take him as a FA
Sure each to their own. I see Hunt able to be a tagger but also a lock down defender. He has speed, is a neat kick without being great, and has a lot of c**t about him. I don't see that much with Robbo and think he is a head case and doesn't have the same skill set(tagging/defender), of which we need. He is a worse kick, not particularly a big body as some have said.

Hi guys

Thanks
The post I started this thread with should give you a bit of an idea as to what is needed. Despite all the clubs talk of taking an inside type first pick I'm inclined to think we'll go with some outside speed with our first 2 picks as it's a much greater need than inside toughness.

Do we actually need a tagger? Taggers don't protect players like Deledio and Cotchin, which is what we need. Inside players and big bodied mids provide protection like Tuck did and allowed Cotchin to have a great 2012 (2nd in brownlow)!

Do we actually need a tagger? Taggers don't protect players like Deledio and Cotchin, which is what we need. Inside players and big bodied mids provide protection like Tuck did and allowed Cotchin to have a great 2012 (2nd in brownlow)!
Imo we need a player to curb the influence of other teams guns, not necessarily to protect anyone.

Taggers these days need to hurt teams/ players they are tagging by making the said player being tagged responsible and having to also defend.
Hunt doesnt do that thats why he is delisted from Geelong and Geelong in 2015 will be about the same level as richmond.

Personally i dont want

Blease and Strauss delisted. Wouldn't mind taking Blease as a DFA. Gives us some pace on the list.

#70 will be a small (as I said Mitch can be picked up as a DFA)
robinson is a non skilled hack

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back