List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if Wright will get past Geelong. And if he does I'm starting to think we will pass him up. I'd like to see grab Wright. But I think it's going to be the best midfielder available. I think Fremantle will take Wright.

With a draft so close in talent like this, it may come down to personality, maturity, background etc. Which not to many of us have any idea about.

To be redrafted as a rookie apparently. Happy with this, I would be surprised if he ever makes it as a senior regular.

Not disappointed in it. But you do run the risk of a team drafting him over the top of you. We did the EXACT same thing with Todd Banfield - Brisbane had committed to drafting him in the rookie draft but we snapped him up instead (for what good that did us).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#12 - Nakia Cockatoo (Utility) 188cm 84kg. Burst type mid with great agility. Enough said, just get him!
#33 - Daniel McKenzie (DEF/MID) 185cm 77kg. Speed/Class left foot that provides run off half back and in the midfield. Will be lucky to slide to us.
#52 - Blaine Boekhorst (FWD/MID) 21yo 186cm 74kg. Quick clever mid that averaged 3 clearances 21 disposals in WAFL. Real bolter!
#70 - Nick Mellington (MID) 187cm 88kg. Inside mid that played in our VFL team. Averaged 25 disposals and 6 clearances. Left foot Tuck!
Rookie: Mark Kovacevic (ruck), Shannon Taylor(speedy/classy small fwd), Michael Hartley (tall kpd), Matt Arnot (biscuits)
Areas addressed: midfield depth (as FJ wanted) and speed

Crazy not too. It means we don't need to take another ruckman for 10 yrs.
Also means we have a heap of currency to trade next year.

Could say the same about Durdin. KPP backs and ruck covered. Durdin, TV and Griffith's in the ruck could work!

Thinking we could get Wright, Weller via FA and trades later.

Last edited:
Will we take him?
I believe we will take him if he slips now that Arnot has been delisted and been promised a rookie position

The club would of been thinking of getting a Ruck/KPP in the rookie list but would be now thinking that #12 Wright and Next 4 spots for midfielders
So Basically insted of having a big on the rookie list we will have him on the senior list

I've decided I want Duggan regardless of Wright's availability. He's exactly what we're after with speed, quality disposal and run and carry. Fills the opposite wing to Ellis

Haven't decided on Duggan no matter what but for me I think he's the one with the skill set our side needs most with the exception of a gun inside mid. Elite endurance and left foot. Willingness to tackle and do the hard stuff but best on the outside. Along with Ellis he will be able to slice sides up. Endurance is more important than speed. Its the ability to run at top speed in the last q that has made port so good. He will fill out to a nice 183 and 83 kegs within a couple of preseasons.

If wrights still there though... Gets tough.

I was against it at first but im warming to the idea.
If Wright is there we have to take him. Looking at pre season photos im disappointed with Mcbeans size hes just not gaining the kilos quick enough. We get Wright he moves passed Mcbean.
With Wright, Griffiths and Vickery on the list do we need a conventional ruck when Maric retires?

Pick 12 Wright, Weller then ****. Anyone else I would be disappointed. If we go a Duggan then I hope we target Broekhurst (spelling?) with a later pick. I want atleast one player in this draft that excites me with raw talent.

Haven't decided on Duggan no matter what but for me I think he's the one with the skill set our side needs most with the exception of a gun inside mid. Elite endurance and left foot. Willingness to tackle and do the hard stuff but best on the outside. Along with Ellis he will be able to slice sides up. Endurance is more important than speed. Its the ability to run at top speed in the last q that has made port so good. He will fill out to a nice 183 and 83 kegs within a couple of preseasons.

If wrights still there though... Gets tough.

I am yet to be convinced Duggan cannot be a gun inside mid. He is still very young with plenty of room for improvement and physical development.

Clearly too early to tell IMO either way unless you have a real gun eye and Dugan applies himself in the right way or not.

Last edited:
I am yet to be convinced Duggan cannot be a gun inside mid. He is still very young with plenty of room for improvement and physical development.

Clearly too early to tell IMO either way unless you have a real gun eye and Dugan applies himself in the right way.

Agree. He's often subject to the 'soft lefty flanker' stereotype I reckon. I wonder if people would see him differently if he were right footed haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back