14. ADE - H Goddard
15. GCS - L Weller
16. NTH - N Cockatoo
17. ESS - C Ellis
18. SYD - I Heeney (F/S)
19. CARL - E Vickers-Willis
20. ESS - C Marchbank
21. STK - C Blakely

Just feel like Durdin and Lever if they fall to pick 12 would be too good to pass on. Either would be a huge steal and give us a lot of flexibility.
Not every key defender have to become key defenders
Lever yes, Durdin I don't rate higher than Weller or Duggan, has played his best footy in the ruck mostly and is too small to play there at AFL level so i'm not as keen on him as others are.

Apparently Tiges are putting in a lot of thought about Sam Durdin if he falls.

He is 197cm 83kg. He is a absolute perfect size for a modern day swing man. Can play both back and forward very well. Is very agile and has beautiful hands. Skills are very nice for a big fella. Has the frame to put on another 10kg.

Very much in the mold of a younger Luke Mcpharlin or Ben Reid or Jake Carlise or even a touch of Jack Gunston. A player like this is invaluable to a team in modern footy. He has been pegged as South Australia's best prospect for a while. Quality head on his shoulders and is a country lad.

Last edited:
Trying to think who would be the closest comparable player on tigers list to Sam Durdin and all I can think of is Jale Batcholer. But Durdin is a far better athlete and far better kick. Much better contested mark aswell.
Durdin also missed 4 months development after needing surgery on his thumb last year.

Trying to think who would be the closest comparable player on tigers list to Sam Durdin and all I can think of is Jale Batcholer. But Durdin is a far better athlete and far better kick. Much better contested mark aswell.
Durdin also missed 4 months development after needing surgery on his thumb last year.
Perhaps, because of his height, fairly identical to Ben Elton. Looks to have better disposal though..
Lever would be a real steal though... A whole lot of Royce Hart about the way he attacks the ball in the air.. (especially launching himself in from the side) Looks like another Harry Taylor I think.

He is 197cm 83kg. He is a absolute perfect size for a modern day swing man. Can play both back and forward very well. Is very agile and has beautiful hands. Skills are very nice for a big fella. Has the frame to put on another 10kg.

Very much in the mold of a younger Luke Mcpharlin or Ben Reid or Jake Carlise or even a touch of Jack Gunston. A player like this is invaluable to a team in modern footy. He has been pegged as South Australia's best prospect for a while. Quality head on his shoulders and is a country lad.
I'd love to see this happen, it would really bolster my confidence in our future.

You know IMO we are not screaming for an outside mid. Dusty, Lids and Ellis can all play the role very well as right footers!

Why leave inside drafting to the second round and why take directives from you?

Can't see any standout inside mids likely available at our second round pick honestly!

Probably better to take your directives. According to you we can get any player we want back as a FA 8 yrs after they have played for there club.

I clearly said "with pace" which is something we blatantly lack and if you can't see that I can't help you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably better to take your directives. According to you we can get any player we want back as a FA 8 yrs after they have played for there club.

I clearly said "with pace" which is something we blatantly lack and if you can't see that I can't help you.

I don't give directives! I gave an opinion and asked questions!

Seriously why would I care about directing you?

You not even worth putting on ignore!

Whether you said pace or not Lids doesn't lack pace.Dusty isn't slow either

Are you saying Ellis is a turtle?

BTW, when I want your help I'll ask for it explicitly! Usually I say " could someone help me?" Don't expect to hear from me, ha,ha!

Last edited:

I think he can play ruck like a bigger Adam Goodes at AFL level. Obviously not all the time but at 197cm with his leap marking/reach and mobility I think his quality will make him very versatile for us.

It gives us another dimension we lack IMO and makes us a more well rounded team.

Like you said he could help CHB and CHF or elsewhere.

If Grimley is available at 23 years of age I think he is a good value play for us for our window. Younger than Maric and Hampson so chasing Wright would not be as pressing a need

ATM I would like Durdin, Howe, Drummond or other, Mellington or other, Miles, and Grimley

Last edited:
Why may I ask?

As opposed to a blue-chip Mid or a KD ?
I see Durdin as a high quality KD that can swing forward at times like a Westoff. Durdin was touted a top 3 pick twelve months ago. If our blue chip mid alternative was a Breyshaw it would be different story, but our alternative mids are classy outside types. Which would be great as well but I see more value in Durdin and I think he would be an upgrade on Chapman down the track.

In all honesty id be happy with any of Weller, Duggan or Durdin, but given a choice it would be Durdin.

I see Durdin as a high quality KD that can swing forward at times like a Westoff. Durdin was touted a top 3 pick twelve months ago. If our blue chip mid alternative was a Breyshaw it would be different story, but our alternative mids are classy outside types. Which would be great as well but I see more value in Durdin and I think he would be an upgrade on Chapman down the track.

In all honesty id be happy with any of Weller, Duggan or Durdin, but given a choice it would be Durdin.

I think with the extra versatility Durdin would bring, making us a more solid unit, I think the players could play with more confidence as a team knowing the team has another string to its bow.The players would feel more assured IMO.

Last edited:
Bit of a dream draft for us really, given that 12 isn't that great of a pick.

We will definitely get one of; Duggan / Weller / Ahern / Durdin

All of which would be a great outcome to our list.

There will also be plenty of talent available with our second and third picks. Exciting.

Unless we bypass them for a Frankie J special like Ellis......

Let it be over already.

We are on a hiding to nothing with pick 12. We reached. We played it safe. We went outside the plan. Oh I don't know.

Looking at Conca's highlight vids you have to wonder and maybe you hope that what you saw then translates to 2015.

It's a pig 'n a poke.

Seems to me the phrase 'a deep draft' means no real wiz bang stand outs but an even so so.

Lever is the player you want. I'd do back flips if we got him. Plays forward also. Very versatile. We'd be Crazy if available and we didn't take him. I think he could be the best big player in the draft. Very athletic. I actually think he could play a midfield role also.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back