List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

From what little I've read this morning seems mixed opinion on Howe.

Marks, tackles, good at ground level, cool head, good by hand. Was forward then back can be seen as a future mid are comments in common.

We are screaming for an outside mid with speed and skill. Leave the inside drafting to the second round.

You know IMO we are not screaming for an outside mid. Dusty, Lids and Ellis can all play the role very well as right footers!

Why leave inside drafting to the second round and why take directives from you?

Can't see any standout inside mids likely available at our second round pick honestly!

You know IMO we are not screaming for an outside mid. Dusty, Lids and Ellis can all play the role very well as right footers!

Why leave inside drafting to the second round and why take directives from you?

Can't see any standout inside mids likely available at our second round pick honestly!

Not a fan of Neal-Bullen, Gore or Miller?

What's Weller's left foot like? Anyone?

I was thinking if we get him might look at developing his role as a rover supporting Miles and Foley and I would also like to see him developing a small forward role. He can still play outside at times but I would like him in the guts improving his impact there.

If we get Weller can't see a need to get a small forward particularly when we have Edwards and others! Unless Mclean somehow is there for our 3rd pick. I don't think the other small forwards have shown enough to interest me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Weller's left foot like? Anyone?

I was thinking if we get him might look at developing his role as a rover supporting Miles and Foley and I would also like to see him developing a small forward role. He can still play outside at times but I would like him in the guts improving his impact there.

If we get Weller can't see a need to get a small forward particularly when we have Edwards and others!

Weller's close to the best kick in the draft and dual sided to boot. He and Duggan are pretty neck and neck in that regard IMO.

Weller's close to the best kick in the draft and dual sided to boot. He and Duggan are pretty neck and neck in that regard IMO.
So will be happy with either. Real question will be if there do we pass on Wright

Weller's close tobest kick in the draft and dual sided to boot. He and Duggan are pretty neck and neck in that regard IMO.

I looked at his highlights and could not see a left foot kick thats all. It is important he is dual sided when he comes out of the middle but also if we rest him in a forward pocket for a left footer.

I am not sure Weller needs to put on too much weight. As a poster said it may affect his speed. If slightness becomes a bit of an issue he might just have to toughen up. Still he is not that slight anyway. If he plays along side the likes of Vlastuin it won't matter!

I looked at his highlights and could not see a left foot kick thats all. It is important he is dual sided when he comes out of the middle but also if we rest him in a forward pocket for a left footer.

I am not sure Weller needs to out on too much what. If slightness becomes a bit of an issue he might just have to toughen up. Still he is not that slight. If he plays along side the likes of Vlastuin it won't matter!
Pretty sure he is skilled off both feet, he said in an interview he practice both feet heaps in the backyard. I agree its important that he his skilled on both sides.

So will be happy with either. Real question will be if there do we pass on Wright

I don't think Wright will be there. My suspicion is he ends up at GWS along with Goddard and Pickett, which would be a great haul for them. But you never know. Could see it unfolding like:

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. Wright
7. Goddard
8. Lever
9. Moore
10. De Goey
11. Duggan/Weller
12. Duggan/Weller

I don't think Wright will be there. My suspicion is he ends up at GWS along with Goddard and Pickett, which would be a great haul for them. But you never know. Could see it unfolding like:

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. Wright
7. Goddard
8. Lever
9. Moore
10. De Goey
11. Duggan/Weller
12. Duggan/Weller
Yeah GWS would be silly to pass him up. Look what they got for Boyd. Hold Wright for a year or two and if hes not a star for them he will net a few more when trading him elsewhere

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. Wright
7. Goddard
8. Lever
9. Moore
10. De Goey
11. Duggan/Weller
12. Duggan/Weller
I think you could add Durdin at 11 and 12 for consideration. Personally id have him as best available.

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. Wright
7. Goddard
8. Lever
9. Moore
10. De Goey
11. Duggan/Weller
12. Duggan/Weller
If Gold Coast are as keen on Duggan as Cal T suggests then Lever slides further. We might end up with a premium defender ? Bloody good move I reckon, especially with Rance a FA

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back