List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So do you think if we take Ellis poster shouldn't lose their Shite? What player would he resemble?
I think there will be a couple of players who are a fair bit better available in Wright and Weller. I think we would take Wright if there anyway so not worth losing shit over.

Emma Quayle ranks her top 30...Heeney at 1..Wright at 2...Duggan and Cockatoo in the top 10...Weller at pick 19

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ing-field-for-recruiters-20141115-11nfn5.html

Emma has also written interesting article on Nakia Cockatoo..sounds like a committed AFL player who knows what hard work is and how to get the best out of himself...Id be rapt to have The **** at the Tigers
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sational-sevenday-season-20141111-11kadc.html

Id also be more than happy with Pickett if he is available at 12.. Hope we pounce
The other would be Ahern..solid in and under

Last edited:
Has anyone seen anything of Jack Geary ? What type of players is he? Position etc ? Would we consider him ?

Cal Twomey compares him to Dom Tyson. Pretty apt I reckon.

I think thats a good comparison.

I think there will be a couple of players who are a fair bit better available in Wright and Weller. I think we would take Wright if there anyway so not worth losing shit over.

I think Weller is ahead right now but I wonder going forward, I see a lot of coaches have told him he needs to talk more as a leader on the field and just in general. Thats not always an easy thing to teach and a very important skill to have at AFL level when 60,000 people are screaming at you.

Ellis has apparently interviewed very well and is also towards the younger end of the draft group. I also think he has more scope for improvement compared too Weller.

I'd take Wright ahead of both though and probably ahead of most players in the draft. 203 cm with agility, pace, ability at ground level and a strong mind and leader, his real only knocks are contested marking and if he is a forward or a ruck. personally think he is forward but could be an amazing ruck. Brad Ottens mk II.

Perhaps, because of his height, fairly identical to Ben Elton. Looks to have better disposal though..
Lever would be a real steal though... A whole lot of Royce Hart about the way he attacks the ball in the air.. (especially launching himself in from the side) Looks like another Harry Taylor I think.
That man there just said he had a bit of Royce Hart!

Tacking together bits and pieces from the media, at this stage I reckon it'll end up:

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. De Goey
7. Goddard
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Lever
11. Weller/Cockatoo
12. Wright/Weller/Cockatoo/Ellis

I think/hope we'd take Wright in this case.

Tacking together bits and pieces from the media, at this stage I reckon it'll end up:

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. De Goey
7. Goddard
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Lever
11. Weller/Cockatoo

Ahern?

Emma Quayle ranks her top 30...Heeney at 1..Wright at 2...Duggan and Cockatoo in the top 10...Weller at pick 19

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ing-field-for-recruiters-20141115-11nfn5.html

Emma has also written interesting article on Nakia Cockatoo..sounds like a committed AFL player who knows what hard work is and how to get the best out of himself...Id be rapt to have The **** at the Tigers
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sational-sevenday-season-20141111-11kadc.html

Id also be more than happy with Pickett if he is available at 12.. Hope we pounce
The other would be Ahern..solid in and under
Cockatoo is a ripper kid. His issue is his skills not his personality. He's top notch even in the AIS in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. De Goey
7. Goddard
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Lever
11. Weller/Cockatoo

For 12 is that your order of preference?

Weller should be the first priority..plays and looks like wingard. From a first round pick we should expect to get someone flashy and a star..Duggan Ellis and the others are like a conca. Average to Good players that do their role and are more safe but arnt a graders. Really hope we somehow get Weller. We won't pick wright if he's there because we've already stated that we are targeting midfielders early. I can see us taking Duggan or Ellis. Would rather Duggan

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. De Goey
7. Goddard
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Lever
11. Weller/Cockatoo

Any chance GWS take Laverde at four to stop Collingwood from taking him, that in turn forces them to take Langford allowing GWS to take Pickett at 6?

Have read that Collingwood are big on Langford.

Weller should be the first priority..plays and looks like wingard. From a first round pick we should expect to get someone flashy and a star..Duggan Ellis and the others are like a conca. Average to Good players that do their role and are more safe but arnt a graders. Really hope we somehow get Weller. We won't pick wright if he's there because we've already stated that we are targeting midfielders early. I can see us taking Duggan or Ellis. Would rather Duggan

You are very wrong on Ellis and Duggan not being flashy. Ellis especially, can do things in packs other players can only dream of. Can be impossible to tackle when he is on, it's just that he can be very off too.

Lever is the player you want. I'd do back flips if we got him. Plays forward also. Very versatile. We'd be Crazy if available and we didn't take him. I think he could be the best big player in the draft. Very athletic. I actually think he could play a midfield role also.
I've been saying that all year. We have to take Lever if he's there, but he won't be.

We have not gone down the route of best available since Dusty. We do however go down the route of best fit for the club. That in itself would be one of Weller or Ahern if they slip, Duggan if they don't. If all 3 are gone, We'd probably go Wright or Durdin.
Ellis, Floss, Lennon, Beanie, Donuts, were all arguably best available, and they thought Conca was.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back