4.Pickett
5.DeGoey
6.Weller
7.Duggen
8.Cockatoo
9.Blakely
10.Ellis
11.Ahern

This would be my personal preferences if availabile.

If we get Ellis, then we are seriously not interested in getting quicker, its actually a very risky strategy
Doesn't really mean that at all. If they take all guys that aren't quick then I'll agree though.

Outrageous how people can claim the recruiters have lost the plot if they recruit player x or don't pick player y.
Hahahahaha give me a ******* spell!!
They haven't even set foot on the park?
Let me guess though some posters are recruiting gurus ?

Any chance Cockatoo will be there at 33? Guy is a freak and considering how long he was out of footy and to dominate like he did in his last tac match, he's way underrated. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we took him at 12 tbh.

Any chance Cockatoo will be there at 33? Guy is a freak and considering how long he was out of footy and to dominate like he did in his last tac match, he's way underrated. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we took him at 12 tbh.
Reckon he could have slid if he hadn't had played that AIS game, probably gives recruiters that little bit of confidence to take him early on.

No chance at 33. Will be long gone.

If he didn't play the AIS game, there would be hardly any interest in him as there is at the moment.

Nah, would have been plenty after his combine testing.

Again from one-eyed moderator of the oneeyedrichmond.com forum.

The draft experts are still saying it's a raffle after pick 4. It all depends what GWS and Collingwood do with their picks at 5-7. Pickett & Goddard expected to be two of the selections

Brett Anderson has the choice of their 3rd selection as between Laverde/Ahern/Marchbank/De Goey. He also has Duggan as Gold Coast's 2nd preference after Laverde at pick 8.

It will then be interesting to see where Wright and Lever fall now. Think either will be taken by Geelong at 10.

It thus could go

1. Petracca
2. McCartin
3. Braushaw
4. Pickett
5. Laverde
6. Goddard
7. Ahern
8. Duggan
9. Moore
10. Lever
11. Weller/ De Goey/ Cockatoo
12 Weller/ Ellis/ Wright

Emma Qualye on Wright:
2 Peter Wright (Calder Cannons, 8/9/96, 203cm, 100kg)

Tall forward/ruckman

Be patient, because Wright hasn't done a pre-season and might not make the immediate splash some of the onballers do. At his size, with his running ability and his growing understanding of how to use his body to get others out of the way, he has all the qualities to become the best player from this draft.

I just want the suspense to be over! Everyone keeps changing their mind on who they want, gws are in such a good but stressful situation. I'd have no idea who to choose having three selections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emma Qualye on Wright:
2 Peter Wright (Calder Cannons, 8/9/96, 203cm, 100kg)

Tall forward/ruckman

Be patient, because Wright hasn't done a pre-season and might not make the immediate splash some of the onballers do. At his size, with his running ability and his growing understanding of how to use his body to get others out of the way, he has all the qualities to become the best player from this draft.

Reeeally want this kid. We won't get an opportunity to grab another player like him for ages.

I just want the suspense to be over! Everyone keeps changing their mind on who they want, gws are in such a good but stressful situation. I'd have no idea who to choose having three selections
Just been announced.Saints,Gws,Dees,Coll,GCS,WCE & Geel have all pulled out of this years draft.
The question still remains despite having picks 1-11 do we still gamble with Cockatoo @12?

Outrageous how people can claim the recruiters have lost the plot if they recruit player x or don't pick player y.
Hahahahaha give me a ******* spell!!
They haven't even set foot on the park?
Let me guess though some posters are recruiting gurus ?

Yeah I tend to agree with you...however I am still scarred that we took Conca over Heppell, which I am pretty sure at the time of the draft every man and his dog on this board wanted Heppell.

I just cant see guys like weller **** or duggan taken before wright and lever. Iv swayed massively to want wright. Lever is dreaming i think. Just have a hunch we will end up with weller or ellis
I think Lever is more likely to be there than Wright. Probably a matter of who Geelong don't pick.

Yeah I tend to agree with you...however I am still scarred that we took Conca over Heppell, which I am pretty sure at the time of the draft every man and his dog on this board wanted Heppell.
I think there is a ton of things that haven't come out about Heppell and his approach to the draft - some of which have been rumoured. People forget that Heppell was seen as probably the 4th best players in the draft (Swallow, Bennell and Day were consensus top 3) and yet he went at 8 (Gaff, Polec, Conca and then Caddy). I dunno, just the way he fell in the draft and Gold Coast overlooked him as did WCE and Brisbane seems fishy to me.

Another contender emerges! Lever would be an awesome pick up. I'd almost take him ahead of Wright anyway given our circumstances.

Discourse indicates for Geelong its out of Wright, Lever, Durdin and De Goey. My guess would be solely from the fact they picked up Stanley, Clarke and have Vardy coming back AND that they missed out on Frawley that go Lever or Durdin before Wright.

I think there is a ton of things that haven't come out about Heppell and his approach to the draft - some of which have been rumoured. People forget that Heppell was seen as probably the 4th best players in the draft (Swallow, Bennell and Day were consensus top 3) and yet he went at 8 (Gaff, Polec, Conca and then Caddy). I dunno, just the way he fell in the draft and Gold Coast overlooked him as did WCE and Brisbane seems fishy to me.

Trust me the whole thing was dodgy. I still don't think we would have taken him from what i've heard but the "groin injury" took him off the board.

I can't remember a draft where from about 5 - 20 were so mixed up. Usually there is a clear top 10-12/15. Seems to me that the club will pick someone that suits any which way. I'm very much in favour of picking safety first with the first round. SO losing a bit of pace for skill and attitude is good for me. That's even though I really reckon we need more speed. Right now we need more midfield class and depth. So get the best at 12 and just keep building that squad.

Another contender emerges! Lever would be an awesome pick up. I'd almost take him ahead of Wright anyway given our circumstances.

Isn't he coming off a knee reco, or have I mistaken him for someone else?

If so, then proceed with caution. We don't want another Jonathon Patton situation on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back