List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

We've found a couple of speedsters in Butler and Drummond! Butler looks like he loves to take the game on by utilising his quick pace, and Drummond laid some solid run-down tackles. Happy with these two.

Pretty happy with the picks, Laverdae going to Essendope is really the only gripe.
Blakely going the pick after us was annoying too, but getting Menadue isn't bad at all!
Don't have a clue who Butler is and I'm suprised that McKenzie was there at 77.
#GoTiges

Was going to wait until i got home,But have a few keen football workmates who kept me in the loop.Welcome aboard too all the new lads.I like Ellis because of his potential and with Wacko Jacko retired we need someone to help out Cotch & Miles long term.
Speed issue also addressed and the bonus of Mckenzie @ 77 should send a reminder to the likes of Vickery,Griff and Elton.We should be happy.

Watched a lot of U18s footy, and completely impressed with Tigers Drafting.

Duggan was my favourite but we missed him unfortunately.

Ellis is an elite left foot kick that works well as both inside/outside. Very consistent, very hard working.

Menadue. Very fast, runs very hard, good kick, and big tac finals series.

Drummond. Very switched on, goal kicking mid (kicks running 50m plus goals). hard at contest, both inside/outside.

Butler. Great pace who progressed from a half forward to a mid. Clearance work is great, very good goal sense.

McKenzie. Huge fullforward who has a very fast sprint! only played one year of tac footy! huge potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked with the draft. Ellis will be a quality kid who will add to the midfield. Menadue & Drummond bring the speed everyone said we weren't going to get with Ellis coming in, while Butler is a pacy HF who might become a midfielder in time. Finally big old McKenzie at our 5th pick is a steal if the phantoms are anything to go by.

This is why I didn't get all the angst about taking Ellis at 12 with people bemoaning his lack of speed, we had plenty of picks to address the speed requirement and IMO nailed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back