Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You blokes nailed this draft. Petracca and Brayshaw is an awesome combination, Neal-Bullen and O-Mac are some very good sliders at their respective picks and Stretch is a handy addition. Best of luck next season with your new 5!

You sainters are alright by me. Think mcartin was the right call for you guys and probably has the best resource in Nick which will be invaluable

Ecstatic with the names on paper.

Now Macca can get to work with the boys & do what he does best (development)
Macca will be pivotal in helping these kids reach their ceiling.

I know the comparisons are a dick tease but loving the comparison of Neal bullen to Parker

I hate how afl players are ruled out if they don't have great pace when you have never needed it to be a great player

Even in the last generation hird Buckley voss black etc would never have tested brilliantly in speed
Hird was quick as ****.

Congrats Dee's supporters! Petracca and Brayshaw IMO the 2 best players available in this draft and I think they'll love playing together aswell. I think the future looks really bright with a midfield containing these 2 guys. Some good prospects later on aswell, definitely the winners out of this draft!

Stoked with Petracca and Brayshaw, obviously. Looks like the two are already pretty good mates if their joint interview on the AFL website is anything to go by. "Write an essay mate" hahahaha

Getting a couple of 'sliders' in Neil-Bullen and OMac is pleasing too. It's not inconceivable that we might have considered these two at pick 23 had we kept it, so now IMO the Frost trade is looking a bit better than it did at first glance...

I remember watching the highlights of the carnival and thinking that it was a shame that Petracca and Brayshaw couldn't be teammates given that one was constantly getting the ball out and giving it to the other.

Other than Stretch (who was a father / son), this draft intake was Neal-Bullen shit for punning. I've no doubt things will improve on the field but you can't help but feel Neeld and Bailey had their eyes on the real prize.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than Stretch (who was a father / son), this draft intake was Neal-Bullen shit for punning. I've no doubt things will improve on the field but you can't help but feel Neeld and Bailey had their eyes on the real prize.
Yes, but there's a flip side...

300px-Oscar_the_Grouch_3.jpg

Great night for us on paper, hopefully this can be our "Geelong Draft".. great group and I love that we are getting guys with big bodies who can win the footy, and Stretch who should compliment these guys nicely..
Also I much prefer Oscars kicking to Toms and think he could end up the steal of the draft

I'm stoked with our selections, but give credit where credit is due...you guys nailed it tonight.
Hopefully in a few years we see up the top of the ladder!
Yep, would love to see a Saints vs Dees Grand Final one day. Good vs Evil would be great theatre - and to have one team guaranteed to break a very long drought, even better.

Ripping interview. With some luck these guys will be better together than they'd be individually.
As a grown man, I find it kinda embarrassing to get excited about a couple of kids, but... OH MY GOD THEY ARE AWESOME.

Can't wait to see them out on the 'G!

Think some really clever recuiting during trade/draft period. Petracca - Brayshaw (already good friends), Stretch - Neal-Bullen (same) and O Mc joining his brother. Frost - Tyson also. May well help in keeping the team united and togather. Neal-Bullen and Newton has Goodwin's input written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back