Mega Thread 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Stazzaz

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He guys this thread is for talking about everything Dream Team so like prices and people you think will be on form and if you want you can post your team so people can rate it.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to plan your team and sort everything out on a website. I know some of you will be thinking just go on Dream Team or Supercoach but they haven't started letting you making your team (I think if they have please let me know)

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to plan your team and sort everything out on a website. I know some of you will be thinking just go on Dream Team or Supercoach but they haven't started letting you making your team (I think if they have please let me know)
Last few years fanfooty.com have some type of planner you can use early Jan for both SC and DT

Last few years fanfooty.com have some type of planner you can use early Jan for both SC and DT
I found this website called Higginator it's ok but the prices don't match the prices on AFL.com.au BTW are the Supercoach and Dream Team prices the same or different

So far my team is this -

Defenders -
J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley > Reserve: S. Dempster
D. Talia, B. Lake, J. Kolodjashnij > Reserve: T. Bugg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Midfielders -
N. Fyfe, J. Zeibell, R. O'keefe, O. Wines > Reserve: V. Michie
J. Kelly, M. Crouch, J. Billings, M. Bontempelli > Reserve: J. O'Meara
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rucks -
A. Sandilands > Reserve: R. Lobb
B. Longer > Reserve: S. Archie
Forwards -
D. Martin, A. McGrath, Josh Kennedy > Reserve: S. Menegola
T. Boyd, P. Dangerfield, G. Rohan > Reserve: S. White
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rate -
Please rate my Dream Team out of 10 stars!

Do you think I have to many rookies in my squad? Watching the NAB Challenge will help me to see which rookies to keep and which rookies to go.

So far my team is this -

Defenders -
Midfielders -
Rucks -
Forwards -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rate -
Please rate my Dream Team out of 10 stars!
My opinions: Too many rookies in your midfield. I'd be surprised if Bontempelli plays that many games next year. Take Jack Martin over him.
Mitch Clark (c**t) is low $200's, take him over Boyd.

J. O'Meara, T. bugg and Dempster I think will be a bit expensive to be a reserves.

Other than that you will have a very unique team. Probably a bit early to rate as I don't know enough about the rookies yet.

We do a supercoach league as well if you want to give it a go.

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk

J. O'Meara, T. bugg and Dempster I think will be a bit expensive to be a reserves.

Other than that you will have a very unique team. Probably a bit early to rate as I don't know enough about the rookies yet.

Yeah I have a few mates with me as well so they can join too maybe? They are not a bigfooty member though

Yeah I know too much rookies that why I am gonna watch NAB long and hard to see which rookies to keep or throw away but thanks for the advice.

My opinions: Too many rookies in your midfield. I'd be surprised if Bontempelli plays that many games next year. Take Jack Martin over him.
Mitch Clark (THIS WORD IS A BLOCKED SWEAR WORD) is low $200's, take him over Boyd.
You really think Mitch Clark over Boyd why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so get rid of mid rookies (I will do that after NAB) and maybe replace Boyd for M. Clark
So far my team is this -

Defenders -
Midfielders -
Rucks -
Forwards -

Lake, Kolodjashnij, Talia will not get big scores. Matt Fuller, Nick Suban would be better value.

Redo your mid's. Dale Thomas is great value, as is Marc Murphy and Dayne Beams

Ash McGrath, J Kennedy are not going to improve next year, and Tom Body is too expensive.

I would consider Nathan Bock, Franklin (is really a must) and maybe Wellingham if his preseason form comes good.

Hope that helps.

You really think Mitch Clark over Boyd why?
Because Boyd shares the same forward line with Patton and Cameron. Being a first year player, he's likely to be rested a few times throughout the year. Clark on the other hand is the demons number one forward, so it'll be kicked to him more often than not. Worth noting that he is injury prone though.

After some helpful suggestions from you guys this is my team -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEFENDERS -
J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley > Reserve: M. Fuller
A. Toovey, S. Dempster, E. Yeo > Reserve: J. Kolodjashnij
MIDFIELDERS -
N. Fyfe, J. Ziebell, R. O'keefe, O. Wines > Reserve: J. Billings
N. Suban, J. O'meara, D. Thomas, A. Morabito > Reserve: V. Michie
RUCKS -
A. Sandilands > Reserve: A. Smith
B. Longer > Reserve: R. Lobb
FORWARDS -
P. Dangerfield, N. Bock, G. Rohan > Reserve: A. Fasolo
D. Martin, T. Banfield, L. Franklin > Reserve: M. Apeness
NOTES -
Thanks for your help with my team mike91, go_the_dockers, freo84 and Seppo! Keep the good ideas coming because this is definitely not my finished team at all.

Just wondering - will this thread be stickied later on?

(From Fanfooty)

DEF: J. Bartel, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, L. Hodge, M. Suckling, M. Fuller (L. McDonald, D. Van Unen)
MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, T. Rockliff, X. Ellis, V. Michie (J. O'Rourke, J. Polec)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (D. Currie, B. Longer)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, T. Cloke, L. Parker, M. Walters, L. Franklin, S. Kersten (A. Fasolo, G. Rohan)
CASH LEFT: $69,200

Thoughts appreciated! (This probably is intended to be my post-Round 1 team)

Just wondering - will this thread be stickied later on?

(From Fanfooty)

DEF: J. Bartel, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, L. Hodge, M. Suckling, M. Fuller (L. McDonald, D. Van Unen)
MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, T. Rockliff, X. Ellis, V. Michie (J. O'Rourke, J. Polec)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (D. Currie, B. Longer)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, T. Cloke, L. Parker, M. Walters, L. Franklin, S. Kersten (A. Fasolo, G. Rohan)
CASH LEFT: $69,200

Thoughts appreciated! (This probably is intended to be my post-Round 1 team)

Very solid team. How much DT improvement does Walters have?

Maybe look at Mitch Clark in the forward line and use the cash saved in other spots. Garlett instead of O'Rourke would save you some cash.

Here is my team, I have a bit of cash left so would appreciate any suggestions

DEF: S. Mitchell, G. Ibbotson, M. Hibberd, J. Grimes, D. Swallow, E. Yeo (M. Fuller, C. Howard)
MID: M. Barlow, J. Watson, D. Beams, M. Murphy, S. Savage, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, V. Michie (D. Garlett, J. Polec)
RUC: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, J. Winderlich, M. Clark, A. Fasolo, G. Rohan (N. Bock, S. Lloyd)
CASH LEFT: $266,700

Very solid team. How much DT improvement does Walters have?

To be honest, it's more a self-perceived lack of better options IMO, but if Walters plays more midfield, I hope that extra few disposals garnered compensates the slight drop in goal count. I think the knee injury did impact the latter half of the season which may have had a slight adverse effect on DT scoring in '13 - I venture 85-90ppg is possible, but I'm considering Sylvia or even DeBoer too.

Here is my team, I have a bit of cash left so would appreciate any suggestions
I'm not the best Dreamteamer by any means, but maybe one of the midfield midpricers like Savage to a premo. Maybe Watson to Cotchin? Swallow to Suckling just because Suckling is a little more proven, although Swallow is due a breakout.
Not sure if Garlett will break into the Hawks' best 22 early on... if he does, it might not surprise he may debut as a sub ala J. Anderson and B. Hill?
No uber-mids like GAJ/Swan may hurt, but I'm also wondering if the captaincy will do Pendlebury harm or good...
I definitely like a few of your slightly risky picks such Winderlich, Grimes, and Yeo. It's a decent team in all :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back