2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember it took about 10 marshalls to get him into the gate.

There needs to be better protocol in the future.

And they need to stop this ridiculous leading of the horses through the crowd in front of 100k

Also could have been the horse not reacting the way it should have.

Could be anything and was there reports he bled after the race?

Bleeding signifies they are trying to hard and are in danger of collapsing mid race hence why it is a 3Mth enforced spell after any attack and do it twice you are retired.

Feel for connections of AR, RIP.

On another note this race is seriously frustrating, first post in this thread I said I'd back Protectionist. Ended up on Willing Foe and AR.

Remember it took about 10 marshalls to get him into the gate.

There needs to be better protocol in the future.

And they need to stop this ridiculous leading of the horses through the crowd in front of 100k
Wrong horse. Admire Ratki was calm as before the race. A bit kicky but only needed the standard marshalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong horse. Admire Ratki was calm as before the race. A bit kicky but only needed the standard marshalls.
Right you are, who was the horse that couldn't get through?

They were saying Admire Rakti looked very relaxed going in, but then he started playing up a bit and kicking.

Araldo shied from a fan on it's way back to stall and shattered it's Cannon Bone. Critical atm, vets trying to save.

Now they're saying Araldo has injured it's leg kicking out at the fence on the walk back :(

This could be the 154th and last, I fear.

2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back