Preview 2014 Fixture - What will it look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-in-2014-fixture/story-fniv64vs-1226747441246

Fremantle will be handed a significantly harder home-and-away roster than last season due to the league's first ever "handicapping". Games will be scheduled among this year's top six, middle six and bottom six sides from the ladder after the 2013 finals.

After one match against each of the other 17 clubs, the Dockers can expect return clashes against two other top six sides either Geelong, Sydney, Carlton or Port Adelaide, as well as two derbies with West Coast.

Dockers chief executive Steve Rosich was tight-lipped on details of the new fixtures and when the first clash with the Hawks will be.

He did confirm potential for his club to regularly play in primetime, with national exposure and highly appealing home-game opponents.

"There are aspects of that fixture which I have got no doubt our members and supporters will be really excited by," Rosich said

Looks like we're playing Hawthorn twice next year. One positive is that the articles says that we will be playing them at the MCG instead of Tassie. Although the AFL did screw us out of playing Melbourne at the MCG.

It mentions that we have been working hard on minimizing the amount of and timing of six day breaks.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-in-2014-fixture/story-fniv64vs-1226747441246

Looks like we're playing Hawthorn twice next year. One positive is that the articles says that we will be playing them at the MCG instead of Tassie. Although the AFL did screw us out of playing Melbourne at the MCG.

It mentions that we have been working hard on minimizing the amount of and timing of six day breaks.
Pretty good read. Looks like we're getting some prime-time matches, Friday night & Saturday night here we come! Also says the egirls are hosting round one, looks like we're traveling, so that should rule out the grand final rematch in round 2.

we CANNOT be playing Geelong or Carlton twice, according to Caro and other sources, leaving Port Adelaide and Sydney

Pretty good read. Looks like we're getting some prime-time matches, Friday night & Saturday night here we come! Also says the egirls are hosting round one, looks like we're traveling, so that should rule out the grand final rematch in round 2.
put it down as round 3 unless caro was....... wrong!
Furthermore the list of teams we will not be playing round 1
Hawthorn
Brisbane Lions
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Sydney Swans
GWS.Giants
Carlton
Essendon
Geelong Cats
North Melbourne
Melbourne* (* Denotes who dosent play us gets the dees)
West Coast (GET A BLOODY SOFT GAME Round 1)
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast Suns
Richmond
Ourselves
Leaving Collingwood and Saint Kilda, we WILL BE PLAYING AT ETIHAD round 1 next season.

we CANNOT be playing Geelong or Carlton twice, according to Caro and other sources, leaving Port Adelaide and Sydney
Carlton's two T6 Doubles are:
Geelong
Port Adelaide (they also play Essendon and collingwood twice, now HIGHLY UNLIKELY they will play freo twice, carlton) ???

Geelong Return clashes are:
Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood ??? ???

Sydney's return clashes are:
GWS, Hawthorn, Richmond, ??? ???

look at the likelihood of things

Carlton's two T6 Doubles are:
Geelong
Port Adelaide (they also play Essendon and collingwood twice, now HIGHLY UNLIKELY they will play freo twice, carlton) ???

Geelong Return clashes are:
Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood ??? ???

Sydney's return clashes are:
GWS, Hawthorn, Richmond, ??? ???

look at the likelihood of things
Yet again Sydney get looked after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I, for one, enjoy @mrpresident1000's enthusiasm for the fixture :p

But then again, I have been deeply entrenched in my thesis for the past fortnight, so anything is exciting for me! I am excited for the release of the fixture though. Looking forward to more blockbusters and to to hopefully play teams like Hawthorn at our home deck for once. I'm also anticipating the influx of noobs who will complain about too much "Ross Lyon footy" at blockbuster timeslots :rolleyes:

he
I, for one, enjoy @mrpresident1000's enthusiasm for the fixture :p

But then again, I have been deeply entrenched in my thesis for the past fortnight, so anything is exciting for me! I am excited for the release of the fixture though. Looking forward to more blockbusters and to to hopefully play teams like Hawthorn at our home deck for once. I'm also anticipating the influx of noobs who will complain about too much "Ross Lyon footy" at blockbuster timeslots :rolleyes:

here here! :)

Yep, Cats at Simonds and with Hawks twice, I assume - looking at you Mr Pres - that means Sydney only once (in Perth); no trips to Tassie or SCG, but a sojourn to Darwin and likely visits to Skoda (or Manuka), the Gabba and one trip to the lovely Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2014 Fixture - What will it look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back