2014 home attendances

The budgeted target, will we

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There were a fair number of Cats fans there yesterday. Not so noticeable during the game, but heading in it was. Fremantle have few SA fans so I expect a dip to 40 - 45k versus Fremantle, then pushing 50k versus the Hawks. Saturday night and they have a big SA fan base.

Their, the Cats, crowd made more noise than the 19th Man

After 3 home games we have had 133,635 people coming to Adelaide Oval. Could we average 40,000 per game?
40,000 per game is 440,000. Minus 133,365 is 306,625. 8 games remaining so divide by 8 equals 38315. We got 36231 to Brisbane and most of the Adelaide Oval games will be against top 8 contenders. Although the unknown is what will the weather do to our attendances? At least cold weather at Adelaide Oval will not be as bitter as cold weather at AAMI.

Has anyone else noticed that 19th man thing they had on the building in the background of 7 news is no longer there?

We will get 48,000 against the Hawks on a Saturday night game and 47,000 against Carlton Friday night Rd 23 if they are in the hunt for the finals or we need to win to get a home final or sneak into the top 4 spot.

We will get 40,000+ against Freo for a Saturday arvo. We will get close to 45,000 for Essendon and Sydney games as they are Saturday night games.

The other 3 games are against St Kilda twilight and early games against Bulldogs and Melbourne and I'd expect about 35,000 for those games.

Last edited:
We will get 48,000 against the Hawks Saturday night game and 47,000 against Carlton Friday night Rd 23 if they are in the hunt for the finals.

We will get 40,000+ against Freo for a Saturday arvo. We will get close to 45,000 for Essendon and Sydney games as they are Saturday night games.

The other 3 games are against St Kilda twilight and early games against St Kilda and Melbourne and I'd expect about 35,000 for those games.

Dogs

47K is huge and validates our membership numbers. Hearing of so many neutral converts recently too.

Neutral converts, and casuals getting less casual by the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the way Port is playing will bump the numbers a bit higher than others have suggested. We're playing a thrilling brand of footy: why would you NOT want to go and watch them play live??? I'm going for a complete sell out for the Hawthorn game. Chances are it'll be 1 v 2, plus the Saturday night timeslot is ideal.

Hi Port fans

I'm in a group of 4 hawks fans coming over for the Port-Hawthorn game. Tix went on sale today and I can only get 4 GA tix together. Is there any chance I will be able to get seats? At the moment I can only get 2 together.

Thanks!

I reckon the way Port is playing will bump the numbers a bit higher than others have suggested. We're playing a thrilling brand of footy: why would you NOT want to go and watch them play live???
This is the big one. The pain in the arse it was to get to AAMI ensured that neutrals at games there, be it Port or Crows, were almost non-existent, even when one of them were travelling well. In Melbourne, despite having more chance of seeing your own team live, there's a culture of going along to see (what should be) exciting games not featuring your own team. Shock, horror, the Crows fans are trying to put down our jump in numbers as bandwagon members, but there'd be anywhere from 2 - 5 k who either turn up on the day or who have purchased 3 game memberships that are not Port supporters, as such.

Hi Port fans

I'm in a group of 4 hawks fans coming over for the Port-Hawthorn game. Tix went on sale today and I can only get 4 GA tix together. Is there any chance I will be able to get seats? At the moment I can only get 2 together.

Thanks!
If you get GA, you have to work out where you want to sit or if you'd like to stand on the hill. I was in my seats bout an hour before the game and almost the entire allotment of GA seats on ground level in front of the hill were already full, so you'd want to get in at least an hour and a half beforr the start for seats. The hill was busy at that time but not packed yet. The GA at the top of the southern stand had plenty of seats right up until the game was starting so if you dont mind sitting up the top then you should find it easy to get 4 seats up there.

However im suprised you cant get 4 seats together at the moment. Surely one of the seat categories has 4 together. Maybe contact your club, they may have a special alloted area.

Great thanks for that. Seems strange but best available on ticketek gives you GA.

For previous games we appear to have staggered the release of certain allocations, i.e. they've been close to "selling out" through ticketek and then all categories have been widely available again all of a sudden. So maybe hold off and try again in a few days.

It occurs to me that the PAFC would actually be well served by having a point of contact for opposition supporters wanting to attend games, particularly those organising groups. And more particularly since Ticketek customer service is nonexistent and their pathetic sales portal doesn't even let you select specific seats.

Hi Port fans

Thanks!

If you don't mind standing and the weather looks good, I would suggest you consider the Adelaide Oval Hill at the northern end. It is a bloody great atmosphere and there is always good banter there - based on my cricket and SANFL footy watching days. I have only stood there for the game in 2011 v Melbourne.

The Hawks cheer squad is in either in Aisle 145 or 146. All the white area is GA tickets + the hill so they are first in best dressed areas.

AdelOvalMapFull.jpg

All that says is that amazingly we've gone from a club that couldn't get people to games, to a club with an almost sold out stadium before tickets are even on sale. Awesome!

Of course when Port plays the Saints in the rain there will be only 23000 but as long as Port can sell out 4-5 big games a year, forget about anymore tin rattling or board members hitting up past Premiership players for donations.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 home attendances

Back