2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

i think broady play palmy this weekend at labrador

Broady v Palmy
Labrador v Surfers
Reserves and seniors all at Cooke Murphy oval this Saturday. Lab and surfers under 18's at 8am followed by broady v palmy reserves and seniors and then lab v surfers reserves and seniors. Approximately 2hrs 20mins between games

Here's my predictions for the year:

Ladder (wins)
1. Morningside (15-16)
2. Broadbeach (14-15)
3. Labrador (12-14)
4. Palm Beach (10-12)
5. Western Magpies (9-11)
6. Wilston Grange (9-11)
7. Mt Gravatt (7-9)
8. Surfer's Paradise (6-8)
9. Sandgate (2-4)
10. UQ (1-2)

Grogan Medal - Nathan Kinch
Leading Goalkicker - Kent Abey or Sam Faure
Syd Guillford/MVP (if awarded) - Steve Brittain for the back-to-back

Grand Final - Morningside defeat Broadbeach by slim margin

Morningside have a strong outfit but it's very difficult to go undefeated and I don't think they'll be as ahead of the pack as everyone makes them out to be. Will drop a game or two to other finals sides every now and then. It will be hard to pick some of the ex-NEAFL teams performance this year and the mini-draft will play a big part of their seasons more so than the other teams. I think it'll be a very tight middle pack of the ladder to get a place in the finals, exciting football. Mt Gravatt don't seem to have picked up to many but have a good youth group coming through, might be a bit too young to make a play this year but expect a good future. Would have to be worried for UQ this year in terms of no big signings - they've got a good foundation but I think will struggle a lot this year and will regularly be on the wrong end of some beltings.

Just some predictions for a bit of fun to look back on at years end.

Here's my predictions for the year:

Ladder (wins)
1. Morningside (15-16)
2. Broadbeach (14-15)
3. Labrador (12-14)
4. Palm Beach (10-12)
5. Western Magpies (9-11)
6. Wilston Grange (9-11)
7. Mt Gravatt (7-9)
8. Surfer's Paradise (6-8)
9. Sandgate (2-4)
10. UQ (1-2)

Grogan Medal - Nathan Kinch
Leading Goalkicker - Kent Abey or Sam Faure
Syd Guillford/MVP (if awarded) - Steve Brittain for the back-to-back

Grand Final - Morningside defeat Broadbeach by slim margin

Morningside have a strong outfit but it's very difficult to go undefeated and I don't think they'll be as ahead of the pack as everyone makes them out to be. Will drop a game or two to other finals sides every now and then. It will be hard to pick some of the ex-NEAFL teams performance this year and the mini-draft will play a big part of their seasons more so than the other teams. I think it'll be a very tight middle pack of the ladder to get a place in the finals, exciting football. Mt Gravatt don't seem to have picked up to many but have a good youth group coming through, might be a bit too young to make a play this year but expect a good future. Would have to be worried for UQ this year in terms of no big signings - they've got a good foundation but I think will struggle a lot this year and will regularly be on the wrong end of some beltings.

Just some predictions for a bit of fun to look back on at years end.

3 in a row.

Looking forward to some decent footy on the weekend.
It will be good to get a gauge on where the 4 coast clubs are at and whether or not Broady and Lab have been able to hold onto their level from the NEAFL.
I know both sides are vastly different but still expect them to be 2 of top 4 sides.

Palm Beach is the only club outside of the 4 NEAFL clubs IMO that can close the gap and jump them perhaps.
Are any Southport players available for any of the coast clubs?

Looking forward to some decent footy on the weekend.
It will be good to get a gauge on where the 4 coast clubs are at and whether or not Broady and Lab have been able to hold onto their level from the NEAFL.
I know both sides are vastly different but still expect them to be 2 of top 4 sides.

Palm Beach is the only club outside of the 4 NEAFL clubs IMO that can close the gap and jump them perhaps.
Are any Southport players available for any of the coast clubs?
Have PBC recruited well? as they lost Munro,Heffernan-Roper,Last years B&F,Ianson theyre 4 big outs?

Yeah i reckon too Speedy - not sure they will be the best of the non QAFL clubs. Would not be surprised if SP push up - well coached, good core group and even without Torney will be alright I think.

Have Labrador got some big names in this year? After reading their AFLQ article it seems they might have a few cards close to their chest.

Can't wait for tomorrow, a few or a lot of questions will be answered I suspect.
Agree PBC have lost a lot Murphy & Munro huge don't think they will make the 5, maybe ran out of money??
Big watch for me on WG, hearing they are very fit, and have recruited well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for tomorrow, a few or a lot of questions will be answered I suspect.
Agree PBC have lost a lot Murphy & Munro huge don't think they will make the 5, maybe ran out of money??
Yes, interesting.... how much will the the Neafl clubs will drop in standard due their losses of their best players in 2013 to the new Neafl comp in 2014.
My club, Broadbeach have lost their top 8 players to Southport, and at least 5 of these guys should make the Sharks side each week, thus maybe 3 or so will be playing for us cause they didn't make the Sharks side in a particular week. But we have also lost two or three good players whom have returned to their home state. Thus, we will be a vastly different side to 2013,,, so I think we will not be a dominate side in 2014,,, hopefully should make the top 4, as I said , will be interesting.

What I saw today palmy will be top 3. Flogged a disappointing broadbeach. The first 1/2 was a good standard below NEAFL but better than last years allied pick fords comp . 2 nd half the cats stopped running and it was one way traffic.

I left early in the lab surfers game, pretty scrappy affair what I saw.

did anyone see the Vultures West Magpies game? heard the Maggies won with about 6 senior boys out?
Was a pretty scrappy affair Speedy, due to wind etc, boys played quite well especially Thommo. Heading to game on sat, hopefully get a big win over UQ which will hopefully give a lot of confidence for Rnd 1.....

Any players missing for Mt Gravatt today? Notice they lost to PBC 160-12. Any results from the Sandgate-Labrador game?

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back