2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, just curious... Does anyone know what round Yeronga will regain there heavy weights? I hear round 11 is this true, can anyone confirm??

From what I understand from a pretty good source (one of the suspended blokes) it varies between weeks to months depending on length of suspension. I don't believe there is a line in the sand date when 10 blokes will come back the same week.

Stanley how did u see things from Saturday?

Well BOC to be honest , robina completely out played us , very poor showing from the blokes on Saturday but well done to robina , game was played in good spirt for most part. No excuses from this end robina will challenge for the flag . It's only 4 games in but IMO the race for the flag is down to 3 teams robina , springwood and Burleigh , just have to look at the score lines to see how far above they are , kenmore will finish and very good 4th even with Corrie and Plummer firing .

I reckon the AFLQ might be starting to think this re structure just look at the score lines from Saturday 3 teams done by 120 or more , not great for any club , it's not even fun when your winning by that much , time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well BOC to be honest , robina completely out played us , very poor showing from the blokes on Saturday but well done to robina , game was played in good spirt for most part. No excuses from this end robina will challenge for the flag . It's only 4 games in but IMO the race for the flag is down to 3 teams robina , springwood and Burleigh , just have to look at the score lines to see how far above they are , kenmore will finish and very good 4th even with Corrie and Plummer firing .

I reckon the AFLQ might be starting to think this re structure just look at the score lines from Saturday 3 teams done by 120 or more , not great for any club , it's not even fun when your winning by that much , time will tell

How do you come up with this Stanley? 3 of the 4 sides you have named played in the division below QAFL last year!! Basically Burleigh have stepped up, Cooly haven't, Coorparoo won the comp. How would you have done it better??

Yeah was a good day for us - 2's game never really got out of second gear, and apart from a 10 goal second quarter I didn't feel there was that much in it tbh. Slightly surprised to see a 100+ point victory at the end.
Think u have mentioned it before, but just that ability to play consistent 4 qtrs was the difference.

We were able to look after a cpl of blokes towards the end with the bye this week as well which is alway good. Mind u Fults is still not talking to me after I had to go out and tell him to come off half way through the last haha

Looking forward to going out for a look at burleigh and yeronga this week.

Congrats to the coomera boys getting first win in div - looking forward to ur comments Stanley!

That's about the nicest thing u will get from me this week swooper! Our boys should be nice and fresh after a week off and are extremely excited about spending the day At white water world!

Quite a spectacle down at coomera in the early game on Saturday. The scoreboard creating plenty of confusion (if you could see it). Hopefully the kid operating it still got his pie and coke after the game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quite a spectacle down at coomera in the early game on Saturday. The scoreboard creating plenty of confusion (if you could see it). Hopefully the kid operating it still got his pie and coke after the game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
He has been sent to his room to think about what he has done! :)

Was a great tussle, and just goes to show how punishing a free kick can be.

For those not able to be there, Alex Hills were given a free kick in the goal square late in the last quarter after just kicking a goal, when a Coomera boy asked what the previous free kick was for. That player was my co-captain (he was at the toss so the umpire should have known). In saying that the umpire has claimed he abused him which he denies prefusely. Being the fence sitter I am, I guess we can put it down to a misunderstanding.

It does pose the question as to whether a free kick should be paid there or at the location of the ball (as the goal was kicked this would be the centre of the ground).

Cheers to the Alex Hills lad who broke my nose too. Likely an accident, but I do understand I have a punchable head.

All that aside it was a great day in both grades played in good spirit!

I know the crowd enjoyed Templars return to Dreamworld!

He has been sent to his room to think about what he has done! :)

Was a great tussle, and just goes to show how punishing a free kick can be.

For those not able to be there, Alex Hills were given a free kick in the goal square late in
the last quarter after just
kicking a goal, when a
Coomera boy asked what the
previous free kick was for.
That player was my co-captain
(he was at the toss so the
umpire should have known). In
saying that the umpire has
claimed he abused him which
he denies prefusely. Being the
fence sitter I am, I guess we
can put it down to a
misunderstanding.
It does pose the question as to
whether a free kick should be
paid there or at the location
of the ball (as the goal was
kicked this would be the
centre of the ground).
Cheers to the Alex Hills lad
who broke my nose too. Likely
an accident, but I do
understand I have a punchable
head.
All that aside it was a great
day in both grades played in
good spirit!
I know the crowd enjoyed
Templars return to
Dreamworld!
The modeling career on hold now Swoop?
Had just enough faith to tip ur seniors by a point this week, not sure Robina will be their next scalp though...
Congrats on the win in a comp boasting some very strong sides.

So swoopa ur now a ginger with a busted nose - probably not a bad idea to take a knee with the missus as ur days of fending them off may be over

Get off the fence!! Sure as co captain u have the ability to ask an umpire for an explanation - but surely after the opposition kick a goal which I'm guessing closed the margin to a cpl of points his effort would have been more "appreciated" getting u boys back to plan and winning the footy out of the middle to ensure ur first win of the year.

Plenty of time to ask for an explanation after the siren when you have won! And don't recall an umpire ever changing his mind after the fact.

Edit* coming from a player that had never remonstrated, partaken in questionable banter with an umpire or given away a free kick or 50 for being a smart arse. Hi Moro if ur still about hahaha

So swoopa ur now a ginger with a busted nose - probably not a bad idea to take a knee with the missus as ur days of fending them off may be over

Get off the fence!! Sure as co captain u have the ability to ask an umpire for an explanation - but surely after the opposition kick a goal which I'm guessing closed the margin to a cpl of points his effort would have been more "appreciated" getting u boys back to plan and winning the footy out of the middle to ensure ur first win of the year.

Plenty of time to ask for an explanation after the siren when you have won! And don't recall an umpire ever changing his mind after the fact.

Edit* coming from a player that had never remonstrated, partaken in questionable banter with an umpire or given away a free kick or 50 for being a smart arse. Hi Moro if ur still about hahaha

I'm still here BOC but there hasn't been much "Umpire bashing" which i assume is a good thing and that my brothers in Orange are going OK???

Yes unfortunately it appears my modelling days are over, although I have found a lot of work as a "before shot" in reconstructive surgery brochures!

In regards to the free kick, noone feels more annoyed at the co-captain then himself, as we all know he would never have abused an umpire especially with the game on the line. He does however have remorse for putting us in that position.

I want to make it clear though that we had the opportunity to kick the winning goal for probably the last 4-5 minutes but Alex Hills did well to keep us to behinds.

I'd just be interested to know what the "letter of the law" is on the call, with my opinion being that a direct shot at goal, when no opposition player was involved (eg a high contact or holding etc), is a very harsh penalty.

Discuss!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear ur still about Moro - obviously my retirement and the lack of umpire bashing are positively correlated.

Swoopa my understanding is that would be where the infringement takes place - regardless of it it's abuse or high contact - but Moro is probably best placed to give the official answer.

Hence why I only ever provided my commentary in the middle of the ground haha

Good to hear ur still about Moro - obviously my retirement and the lack of umpire bashing are positively correlated.

Swoopa my understanding is that would be where the infringement takes place - regardless of it it's abuse or high contact - but Moro is probably best placed to give the official answer.

Yes I'm not sure exactly where the laws stand, but still think that a free kick, directly in front of goal is a harsh penalty.

Perhaps if the abuse was there, a yellow card would have resolved the issue without jeopardising the game.

Regardless, we had more scoring shots on the day, so umpires can't be blamed for that.

My old mate BOC is almost correct. The "official word" is the free kick takes place where the ball is or where the infringement takes palce, which ever is the greatest advantage.

Just a question Moro re a rule - a player plays on from a point from FB in the correct manner but kicks the ball out of bounds with his next kick and it is not touched, does the "on the full" rule still apply?

Pretty sure that's just throw in smy provided it's the secondary possession.

One that I always find strange at all levels is a free kick or mark where the player is over the boundary line. Player takes too long to move ball on and is called by umpire to play on. Surely if it's play on and ur outside the field of play this should be a throw in, or have I missed something there Moro.

Just a question Moro re a rule - a player plays on from a point from FB in the correct manner but kicks the ball out of bounds with his next kick and it is not touched, does the "on the full" rule still apply?

SMY - in a word NO ... not out of bounds on the full as BOC said it's a secondary possesion .... i really hope this wasn't called by a brother in orange

Pretty sure that's just throw in smy provided it's the secondary possession.

One that I always find strange at all levels is a free kick or mark where the player is over the boundary line. Player takes too long to move ball on and is called by umpire to play on. Surely if it's play on and ur outside the field of play this should be a throw in, or have I missed something there Moro.

BOC - i agree but the "official word" is that as long as the player doesn't deviate off his or her line after play on is called it's ok. If they deviate off their line it would be a throw in ...... hope that helps in some way

SMY - in a word NO ... not out of bounds on the full as BOC said it's a secondary possesion .... i really hope this wasn't called by a brother in orange

You may need to head to the coast Moro. Fairly certain I saw that called at my game ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

No it wasn't Moro - I actually thought it was still called on the full as it was the 1st possession from a kick in basically. Oh well my bad. (and I'm not an umpire Chezza!! :) )
BOC - i agree but the "official word" is that as long as the player doesn't deviate off his or her line after play on is called it's ok. If they deviate off their line it would be a throw in ...... hope that helps in some way

And thats been a change in the last couple of years - and a good rule too. Used to be out of bounds but not overly fair i reckon.

Burleigh by 44
Sorry Swoop, Robina in a nail-biter by 75
Kenmore by 50
Springwood by 80
Our current ladder positions doesn't really provide you with much option.

Hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves in both grades and go in to the bye happy with how we are going about it.

See Wallin (SPRINGWOOD) bagged 10,,,,, Sullivan (BURLEIGH) bagged 11...... See Robina kicked 25 goals, how many did Fulton bag? ( No stats for Robina on the sporting pulse site posted as of yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back